By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I demand a sequel to Xenoblade X!

Do you want a sequel to Xenoblade X?

Yes 128 59.81%

No 26 12.15%

That's a stupid question 15 7.01%

I don't even own that game 13 6.07%

I don't even own a Wii U 13 6.07%

I don't even have a current gen system 5 2.34%

I don't even do gaming 5 2.34%

I just want to wonder why... 9 4.21%

Total:214
curl-6 said:
Boberkun said:

I think Fatal Frame V good too. I like all the good Wii U games.

So long as you recognize that your opinion is in the minority.

Like I care.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
curl-6 said:

So long as you recognize that your opinion is in the minority.

Like I care.

Nor should you. My opinions are also in the minority for the most part.

But with this territory comes the fact that you must accept that many will not value your opinion as much as they might others whose views more closely align with theirs.

I would love a sequel to XCX, I want them to do another epic single player RPG like the original Xenoblade Chronicles but another Quasi MMORPG with an emphasis on exploration and monster hunting would also be fun and unlike I others I would have no problem revisiting Mira... so long as they add new continents or move the story far off into the future where everything is different.

There are 3 more HUGE questions not mentioned in OP

1: Who is Cross? We got backgrounds on literally everyone else, for the other main 2 (Elma and Lin), we got some pretty extensive backgrounds at that. At some point they are going to have to shed the avatar and give the character some back story. 

2: Who is the guy at the end that took Lao? He looked like Dunban (to an extent as far as we could see, which is not very well), so is he a Hom? Tatsu mentioned homs in the game, so it's not even a leap at all to think there could be some somewhere.

3: What's behind the blinding white light before they landed on planet Mira? Is it time travel? Is it dimensional? 

bigtakilla said:

1: Who is Cross? We got backgrounds on literally everyone else, for the other main 2 (Elma and Lin), we got some pretty extensive backgrounds at that. At some point they are going to have to shed the avatar and give the character some back story. 

2: Who is the guy at the end that took Lao? He looked like Dunban (to an extent as far as we could see, which is not very well), so is he a Hom? Tatsu mentioned homs in the game, so it's not even a leap at all to think there could be some somewhere.

3: What's behind the blinding white light before they landed on planet Mira? Is it time travel? Is it dimensional? 

I think the only of those three that's huge is number 2, maybe 3 .  The avatar is fairly blank I believe because he is representative of BLADE as a whole.  It's even presented as such in game.  You are the every soldier.  I think in the next game you will likely play a traditional major protagonist again though.

With 2, that's very much an intriguing question.  But with 3 that's more tied into "what is up with this planet?". Though if I were to guess based on what I have read about Takahashi's previous works, I would bet dimensional.  Mira could be a sort of soft spot between plains of existence.  But I more want to know why no one can leave.  Cause that makes it sound like an intelligence is at work.

Around the Network

No thanks.
Xenoblade X's sequel needs so much change that the people who wants a sequel will not like it.
And keeping the Xenoblade X name will just scare away the people who didn't like the game on WiiU. And yes, they are a lot of people who didn't.

My take on it?
Take what works in Chronicles X, take out what didn't, and make a spiritual sequel. And make it less of a grinding repetitive overcomplicated niche game.

maxleresistant said:
No thanks.
Xenoblade X's sequel needs so much change that the people who wants a sequel will not like it.
And keeping the Xenoblade X name will just scare away the people who didn't like the game on WiiU. And yes, they are a lot of people who didn't.

My take on it?
Take what works in Chronicles X, take out what didn't, and make a spiritual sequel. And make it less of a grinding repetitive overcomplicated niche game.

So you don't want the next game to be a RPG at all? I disagree with that completely on that. Also on losing the name, although if they are going with a completely different setup and setting I can see losing the  X from the title, but Xenoblade Chronicles at this point is a growing brand for Nintendo, right now XCX is selling in a way that it will match or just be short of the original game on a much smaller install base and a vastly different game focus, not to mention how many people were scared away from playing The Witcher 3, that never played the previous games or even read the source material books? Not many people will avoid a sequel if the game is done well enough and there are ways to provide story for the past game without needing the player to play the previous one, especially for a title like XCX where the main story is fairly light to begin with outside of a certain few characters and their motivations or true identities.

NoirSon said:

So you don't want the next game to be a RPG at all? I disagree with that completely on that. Also on losing the name, although if they are going with a completely different setup and setting I can see losing the  X from the title, but Xenoblade Chronicles at this point is a growing brand for Nintendo, right now XCX is selling in a way that it will match or just be short of the original game on a much smaller install base and a vastly different game focus, not to mention how many people were scared away from playing The Witcher 3, that never played the previous games or even read the source material books? Not many people will avoid a sequel if the game is done well enough and there are ways to provide story for the past game without needing the player to play the previous one, especially for a title like XCX where the main story is fairly light to begin with outside of a certain few characters and their motivations or true identities.

Where did I say no RPG?

Now I have to admit, I'm not a JRPG fan, they're way too cliche, too much grinding etc But you know, sometimes its fun. But Xenoblade pushed it way too far with the repetitivity.

But I had a great time while discovering the game, I'd say for 50 hours it was awesome but perfectible, then it was just more of the same until I got so fed up I would have litterally prefered to do anything else rather turning the game on again. I played 110 hours. And all I have left is anger and disappointment for what could have been one of the greatest RPG of all time, but ultimately was diluted bore with way too much content, and that is just reserved for JRPG hardcore fans. 

Nuvendil said:
bigtakilla said:

I think the only of those three that's huge is number 2, maybe 3 .  The avatar is fairly blank I believe because he is representative of BLADE as a whole.  It's even presented as such in game.  You are the every soldier.  I think in the next game you will likely play a traditional major protagonist again though.

With 2, that's very much an intriguing question.  But with 3 that's more tied into "what is up with this planet?". Though if I were to guess based on what I have read about Takahashi's previous works, I would bet dimensional.  Mira could be a sort of soft spot between plains of existence.  But I more want to know why no one can leave.  Cause that makes it sound like an intelligence is at work.

Not true, you are not given an exact skill set, and noone outside of people with specific skill sets were able to board the White Whale. Basically, I'm not buying it.

maxleresistant said:
No thanks.

My take on it?

What would really need to change?

Let's look at the top arguements.

Character designs: Easily done and they have done it before (Xenosaga).

Story: With a sequel specifically meant to dive deeper into the story... Done. (And even then, this only would apply to the people who actually played the game,)