By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I demand a sequel to Xenoblade X!

Do you want a sequel to Xenoblade X?

Yes 128 59.81%

No 26 12.15%

That's a stupid question 15 7.01%

I don't even own that game 13 6.07%

I don't even own a Wii U 13 6.07%

I don't even have a current gen system 5 2.34%

I don't even do gaming 5 2.34%

I just want to wonder why... 9 4.21%

Total:214
hershel_layton said:
Bro lol have fun just TRYING to beat the game.

Think of it like GTA5. Only a few people will reach the actual ending. Most people are satisfied with only 3/4th or less of the game

Well I did exactly that. I took a way too long time to beat the game. I was enjoying it.  It just that the game feels very incomplete.  

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
hershel_layton said:
Bro lol have fun just TRYING to beat the game.

Think of it like GTA5. Only a few people will reach the actual ending. Most people are satisfied with only 3/4th or less of the game

Well I did exactly that. I took a way too long time to beat the game. I was enjoying it.  It just that the game feels very incomplete.  

Lmao most people would wish they can simply defeat it.

I'm still playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
killeryoshis said:

Lmao most people would wish they can simply defeat it.

I'm still playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Then those people have low expectations! 
Darn casuals invading my hardcore  games!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

curl-6 said:
Boberkun said:

X was better than XBC by all measures.

You think Devil's Third is a good game though. :P

Well I agree as well in many ways.  The story doesn't quite measure up but there are many areas where X shows superior design.  And even from a narrative standpoint it has advantages.  

Also, for me the ending wasn't so bad cause I do like the bizarre speculation it generates.  Also, I personally found that, in a weird way, a lot of things made sense.  If the planet is the key, that is.  If the minds of everyone are connected (and in mankind's case sustained) on this planet, that explains why everyone understands each other.  Given mankind is descended from the Samaar, that explains why we are targeted by the Ganglion.  There's a lot of mystery, yes, but a good ending doesn't spell everything out necessarily.  I DO want a sequel, but not just to answer the questions left behind in the wake of the plot but to also see where what we DO know leads.  I personally think the *planet* isn't at work, I think a *person* is.  Namely, Alvis.  If my theory that XCX takes place in the recreated universe seen at the end of XC, then that would make him God.  Also, he was once a computer; it would make sense he would both understand the Lifehold's function and be able to interact with it to preserve it's function.  He exists on a higher plane as well, he would be capable of interacting with the immaterial part of man himself.  And I could absolutely see him acting to bring man (the descendants of the Samaar who I believe are in turn descendants from the Homs (they would have appeared, to the new universe, to have come from another plane)) together with these other races in order to stand up to a threat that is serious enough.  The Ghosts are a very bizarre, powerful race.  We know nothing of what they want.  But I'm willing to bet they are a far more serious threat.

For me, the ending sufficiently wrapped up the mankind vs Ganglion arc well enough, that's all I wanted.  The cliffhanger is a real mindscrew but I like the possibilities.  But yes I want a sequel.  But I wanted one from the moment I saw the opening.  I mean come on, multiple ships escaped; that BEGS for a sequel in and of itself.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

Well I agree as well in many ways.  The story doesn't quite measure up but there are many areas where X shows superior design.  And even from a narrative standpoint it has advantages.  

Also, for me the ending wasn't so bad cause I do like the bizarre speculation it generates.  Also, I personally found that, in a weird way, a lot of things made sense.  If the planet is the key, that is.  If the minds of everyone are connected (and in mankind's case sustained) on this planet, that explains why everyone understands each other.  Given mankind is descended from the Samaar, that explains why we are targeted by the Ganglion.  There's a lot of mystery, yes, but a good ending doesn't spell everything out necessarily.  I DO want a sequel, but not just to answer the questions left behind in the wake of the plot but to also see where what we DO know leads.  I personally think the *planet* isn't at work, I think a *person* is.  Namely, Alvis.  If my theory that XCX takes place in the recreated universe seen at the end of XC, then that would make him God.  Also, he was once a computer; it would make sense he would both understand the Lifehold's function and be able to interact with it to preserve it's function.  He exists on a higher plane as well, he would be capable of interacting with the immaterial part of man himself.  And I could absolutely see him acting to bring man (the descendants of the Samaar who I believe are in turn descendants from the Homs (they would have appeared, to the new universe, to have come from another plane)) together with these other races in order to stand up to a threat that is serious enough.  The Ghosts are a very bizarre, powerful race.  We know nothing of what they want.  But I'm willing to bet they are a far more serious threat.

For me, the ending sufficiently wrapped up the mankind vs Ganglion arc well enough, that's all I wanted.  The cliffhanger is a real mindscrew but I like the possibilities.  But yes I want a sequel.  But I wanted one from the moment I saw the opening.  I mean come on, multiple ships escaped; that BEGS for a sequel in and of itself.

If they do make a sequel that ties things up I'll be less cheesed off, but as it things are, I felt a bit led on by the ending. It felt like if XBC had wrapped up when Shulk and the gang defeat Egil in the Mechonis Core.

At XBC's conclusion, I was left satisfied. The mysteries and conflicts were resolved, and these characters I'd come to know and like were given closure.

Around the Network

I suspect there's going to be DLC at some point. They kept the eShop link on the title page in the Western release, despite the Western release having all of the "DLC" content included in the game already. Why? If there were no existing intention to provide more DLC, then they could have easily removed the option, but they didn't (it's not like they couldn't push out an update to reinstate the eShop link if they changed their minds).

You might say "what about the downloadable packs that speed up loading?" - that's a fair argument... for the retail version. But the eShop version doesn't get any benefit from those packs, and it would be easy to simply disable that menu item for the eShop version, thereby reducing confusion and making it less likely that players will download the unnecessary loading packs.

But if they were planning another batch of DLC, it makes perfect sense. And given the way the story ends, it feels like there's one final part of the story - perhaps the place that Lao wakes up at is where the final piece of the story will take place, and it's in a location you can't currently access (because it's a DLC location).

Heck, what if they surprise everybody and have the locations from the end of XC show up, thereby finally explaining why there are Nopon, as well as many other things. They might actually be able to bring both stories together into a single, cohesive whole with DLC.

To be honest, the ending is a big part of why I don't want a sequel. XCX is such a sloppily written game in comparison to its predecessor with an almost ludicrous number of plot holes and an incredibly bland cast. I'd rather Monolith just start from scratch with an entirely new story; nothing about XCX's story makes me want to return to Mira or its universe in the slightest (especially if it means more Tatsu looks like food jokes).

Yes, please! I liked the game, sitting at 97% completion rate and 210 hours of gameplay.

curl-6 said:
Boberkun said:

X was better than XBC by all measures.

I think Fatal Frame V good too. I like all the good Wii U games.

Boberkun said:
curl-6 said:

I think Fatal Frame V good too. I like all the good Wii U games.

So long as you recognize that your opinion is in the minority.