By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where is the Gears / Uncharted / Tekken 3 of this generation?

Time... 

and yet, I ask you the same question?

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network

Nope.... these are not games that will define a generation; Destiny and Watchdogs are cross-gen... I'm thinking of: gameplay-graphics-complete paradigm.

Ex Graphics Whore.

This may be one of the saddest generations so far - no games defining it

Ex Graphics Whore.

BasilZero said:
Give it one to two more years.

I've already told you: Time.... ; It is that time; and this is not the year, and you know it.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Ka-pi96 said:
TimCliveroller said:
This may be one of the saddest generations so far - no games defining it

Maybe to you.

I've been enjoying it and have found some gen defining games and I very much doubt I'm the only one...

How old are you?

Ex Graphics Whore.

Around the Network

I don't know.. Seems like we should have had something by now. Maybe Quantum Break, Horizon, or something VR related. It's long overdue. I look at my collection. I've spent a lot of money on some great stuff but nothing that fits the bill aside from continuations of last gen's great games. I did feel that Until Dawn was great, though. It's more of a niche game, imo.

The Witcher 3 you silly goose. It set a precedent for storytelling in open-world games, and had a huge yet interactive and realistic world. Choices and actions had far-reaching meaning, NPCs held character shape, and the combat was good. And the graphics were still beautiful. It is a blueprint to study for years to come in the genre of open world fantasy games.

VR will bring some genre defining experiences I believe

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
Horizon is coming, wait a bit.

I see some potential in there, but the probability of that happening is midget. I sense under 85 meta

Ex Graphics Whore.

d21lewis said:
I don't know.. Seems like we should have had something by now. Maybe Quantum Break, Horizon, or something VR related. It's long overdue. I look at my collection. I've spent a lot of money on some great stuff but nothing that fits the bill aside from continuations of last gen's great games. I did feel that Until Dawn was great, though. It's more of a niche game, imo.

I see I'm not alone in this.

Ex Graphics Whore.

CGI-Quality said:
TimCliveroller said:

How old are you?

Why does this matter?

Experience, and I somehow have the feeling that you value that.

Ex Graphics Whore.