By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Was Right, Video Game Discs Are Stupid

Truth be told, games on flash memory seems like the best of both worlds on consoles, but it'll be skipped b/c of focusing on what PC does rather than what handheld consoles do.

Hell you could probably store more games on a SD card + Disc Changer system then you could with pure digital and 1 TB HDD

Cost wise it would definitely beat out an SSD

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Sitting naked and pressing 10 buttons in 4 minutes is inconvenient? [Ordering a game from ANY site] Must be the waiting 3 days for it to be laid at your door that is inconvenient. Bending down to pick it up off your doorstep must be just horrible. Maybe even sliding that disc into your machine is a dramatic even, but your mommy can help you with it. Taking that disc to your cousins house to play must take up massive amounts of space in your Civic. Getting $10 back after you finish and resell it is just a pain in the asspen that nobody should have to endure...

The user was warned for this post - VXIII.

I don't think Micorsoft is right.

Developers from Naughty Dog, when they make Uncharted 1/2/3 the game plays without installing, you just pop in the disc, and just play. It is amazing. I hope Uncharted 4 will be the same.

Killzone 2 is the same. Pop in and play without install.

More game developers needs to follow this example.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

When i bought ninja gaiden 2 and seemed to have gotten something in the package that scratched it, making the unplayable, I realized how much better digital only is.

what? my ps4 doesnt take that long to install games..sounds like an xbox one problem (which after seeing that on my neices xbox made me change my mind about eventually getting one for myself)

Around the Network

This is what you get for getting a X1 when the Ps4 was available. disk have nothing to do with it.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Yeah the Wii & WiiU are monsters with their huge disc trays!

I never want to give up my physical copies for a few of reasons.

First, I really enjoy having a collection of physical games. I will never sell a game again, I made the mistake of selling me NES, SNES, and Genesis games and systems to Funcoland to upgrade and I regret it to this day. Which is why I spent so much money creating an arcade cabinet that emulates arcade games and games for all 8 and 16-bit classic systems.

Second reason is that the physical copies of games contain uncompressed or high-def audio where the digital downloads contain Dolby Digital 5.1, at most, to save space. I have spent a lot of money on my audio system and I'll be damned if I don't take full advantage of it whenever possible.

Finally I prefer to get off my lazy but to change out discs when changing games. It adds to the full experience of console gaming.

They are.

Easy, buy a PS4; discs use 30seconds to install :)

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1