By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Was Right, Video Game Discs Are Stupid

Whatever, I still prefer them.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
StuOhQ said:
We just need card based games - 128 GB in a micro format. Crossing my fingers with the NX.

Cartridges are more advanced and cheap now than ever, they must come back.

Did you ever think 20 years ago that this would be the prevailing thought on physical game media?  I sure didn't.

Neodegenerate said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Did you ever think 20 years ago that this would be the prevailing thought on physical game media?  I sure didn't.

Will we see Blu-Rays in the future the same way we see vinyl discs now? Only time will tell.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Neodegenerate said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Id actually support that. Bring back cartridges :)

Guitarguy said:
Give me physical over digital anyday of the week. I'm old school like that. I like having my collection on display.

Same.
#RetailForTheWin

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
StuOhQ said:
We just need card based games - 128 GB in a micro format. Crossing my fingers with the NX.

As much as I'd like to see this, it might not be economically feasible to include both a cartridge slot and an optical media reader for Blu-ray and DVDs.  Now don't get me wrong.  I don't have to play my Blu-rays on a consoles when not given a choice. But I think the masses are more accustomed to having a multi-purpose device.

I still prefer physical but that hasn't held me back. I've picked up digital games when the price has been cheap on a sale. Also, plenty of GWG titles. (doesn't really apply here)

My problem is the pricing. The devs and console manufacturers are cutting out retail and shipping here. Pass on the savings and make it cheaper for the consumers too... You douche bags.

JRPGfan said:
Neodegenerate said:

I would too.  At this point they are the better option for media storage.

Neodegenerate said:
JRPGfan said:

I would too.  At this point they are the better option for media storage.

Would save you the trouble of haveing to install games onto your HDD too.

What the heck?! How long has it been that way? If it takes a long time to install the game even with the CD, it seems to defeat the purpose of even buying it physical. If it was like that with say, the Wii U, I would have gone digi long ago...

On the collection arguement thing though, I do keep whatever games I buy. I don't sell them back.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread