By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Division Downgrade

Tagged games:

fatslob-:O said:
BraLoD said:

That "may" definitely means does not, don't pick a word out of a phrase to make it sound what it isn't.
The MAY makes connection to something not happening and being a weak point BUT other things are pointed as strong points.

That phrase is a confirmation of at least the Beta is not in the same level of the E3 2013 presentation, to Digital Foundry.

I just put it into italic and underlined so you can find easily where the BUT picks up the contrast of the MAY idea.

I really hope you won't go for that route of trying to using a ridiculous excuse to not to admit being wrong about something when you put me as a conspiracy theorist while trying to make a flawed point.

All that matters is the definition ... 

What if your wrong ? Your not exactly a computer graphics expert or a graphics programmer, are you ? If DF finds no downgrade will you concede ? I know I will but I'm only here to defend a possible unjust evaluation against Unisoft Massive ...

Yeah, I'm done here, this became nonsense, you want to discuss a word literal meaning by itself and not the actual phrase it's put into, from now on it's not worth anymore, I'm sorry, I'm also pretty sure you know very well what you are doing here.

But to answer your question , yes, if Digital Foundry mentions all effects technical quality are kept just like they were in the E3 2013 presentation and there was no downgrade whatsoever, which they already confirmed to not to be the case on the Beta as it's not matching it, I'll concede, you are right that I'm no expert in the matter, but it's even clearer that way that you don't even need one to point the kind of difference of those two.

Feel free to deliver me DF full tech review link in anyway (quote, wall, private) if you find the need to do it.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Yeah, I'm done here, this became nonsense, you want to discuss a word literal meaning by itself and not the actual phrase it's put into, from now on it's not worth anymore, I'm sorry, I'm also pretty sure you know very well what you are doing here.

But to answer your question , yes, if Digital Foundry mentions all effects technical quality are kept just like they were in the E3 2013 presentation and there was no downgrade whatsoever, which they already confirmed to not to be the case on the Beta as it's not matching it, I'll concede, you are right that I'm no expert in the matter, but it's even clearer that way that you don't even need one to point the kind of difference of those two.

Feel free to deliver me DF full tech review link in anyway (quote, wall, private) if you find the need to do it.

@Bold They didn't give the conclusion yet! Yes you do need point the difference in a comparison cause how are we supposed to come at that conclusion ?

BTW I never called you a conspiracy theorists if you have any hard feelings ... 

I'm just tired of mob mentalities ...

UbiSoft is one of the biggest offenders where bullshot footage is concerned, The Division was shown at the same time as Watch_Dogs, it looked BETTER than Watch_Dogs at that time, and Watch_Dogs had a highly publicized and substantial visual downgrade. Who did NOT see this coming? I'm surprised Division looks as good as it does, to be honest.

I don't even know what to say anymore. Ubisoft does this frequently and always get away with it. It was just reported that The Division was their biggest launch ever... but maybe they are not wrong; if there are so many people that still buy it at launch, maybe gamers think downgrades and big patches are totally okay.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Not surprising tbh, Ubisoft has done this before.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

The final product is different than a mockup from three years ago? Goodness.

This is one area where developers have to be very frustrated with the entitlement of some gamers.

(Developer show cinematic teaser video)
"NO! We want gameplay video! Show us gameplay!"
"But ... but this is still early development, so many things will change ..."
"GAMEPLAY!@! STOP LYING TO US WITH CINEMATIC TEASERS!!"
"Okay, then, if this is what you want ... here is some mockup gameplay we put together using projected settings. The finished project is still years away, though, and any number of things--."
"WOW, THANK YOU!"

(Game launches)
"What the hell! This is a downgrade! THE SHADOWS ARE DIFFERENT!!"

Pretty much

Ruler said:

well changing things up can result into worse visual representation

Well then I guess we better doom every game that's going to release as "downgraded" ... 

Uncharted 4, Quantum Break, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gears of War 4, etc ...

those games didnt look worse after the change 

Ruler said:

Define worse and be specific ... 

Ruler said:

Define worse and be specific ... 

graphical quality

Ruler said:

graphical quality

I'm pretty sure I remember people here crying downgrade against Quantum Break here and I also remember some saying Killzone Shadow fall getting a downgrade too... 

OK lesson learned for me here, don't trust a lot of the people here to even give an analysis ...