By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WWWW: What's Wrong With Wii?

ok I think peopel are missing the whoel point of the rechargable battery packs. Look at it this way why do u want them when you can get your own rechargable batteries? My example is based on this. Look at gameboy you had to have your own batteries now all these years alter guess what I can still go buy batteries for it and play it. Now look at the DS when that becomes obselete how long do you think they will supply the battery pack for it? ie One day when i have kids I wanna be able to show them how poor gaming was back in my day compared to what they will have in the future. Although it be extremely hard if I couldn't buy a new battery pack simply cause the product is too old and nintnedo doesn't make any. This brings me to Wii if i have my own rechargables it eliminates the realying on Nintendo to keep making them for life if i need a replacement pack. Since rechargable batteries will be around for almost ever.

Around the Network
KruzeS said:

Per game friend codes suck, but I do understand them. I'd rather have per game rosters, though, where I could pick a set of friends from my Wii friends list (all authorized by both parties), without the hassle of repeated  codes.

When I first heard of he Wii system codes, I always assumed they were somehow going to be used to populate game-specific friends lists, or at least augment them somehow.  The fact that they do absolutely *nothing* besides let you send mii's and stupid system e-mails to each other is ridiculous.

yeah most of my concerns have been voiced except one: region coding on games! and Nintendo still hasn't even given us a release date for SPM it's as if they're trying to get me to mod my console

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Yeah where is Super Paper Mario???? Japan and US has it but Europe and Austrailia does not, and no release date either.

My grumbles with Wii are:- 

Storage capacity should be much better.

Batteries.

Very mixed opinions of early games.  Too many ports with added Wii controls etc. Also many games still feel like proof of concept titles.  Eledees for example great controls, real fun to play (for about 15mins at a time).

Graphics.  Not too worried about no HD but what is the Wii's true potential?!?!?!? 

Internet.  Mixed again.  I actually quite like lying down on couch and watching/browsing some things like youtube or liveleak but in reality I use my PC that.  More Wii specific/designed sites are needed!!  Something I plan to work on soon.

@Cobretti Thats is an excellent point. Im already experiencing that. I cant find a charger for my old style DS already anywhere except online. no store carry them at all anymore (in my area anyway). And i was forced to bring my original gameboy to work to play pokemon blue rather than pokemon pearl which i wanted to continue playing on my DS.

Around the Network

even though wii is cheap compared to the other nexgen systems, at 250, i think i bought wii sports along with the sysstem rather than getting it for free. at 250, nintendo could have beefed up their graphical capabilities a little bit more to make it at least comparable to 360. seeing that the gamecube only cost 100 bucks, and the wii is a gamecube 1.5, i would think the base system would be around 150 bucks and the controller at 60 bucks would put it a little over the 200 range. don't tell me motion technology is the reason the wii is at 250. will we be playing the same motion sensing games years from now with the same graphics? i'm looking at games such as Madden for example. i don't see how this series can improve on wii after madden '08. also no more crappy 3rd party ports and more original content.

The Wii does have high-end technology in it, just not the way you'd expect. The processor and graphics chip aren't powerful but they're tiny which is actually pretty expensive to produce. The estimates are $160 to manufacture just for the console, then you tack on the sensor bar, remote, nunchuk, and wii sports, then shipping costs and retail markup and they're not really making as much profit per console as you might think. In fact the only reason it was $250 and not $200 was because the retailers wanted a bigger profit margin for a new console.

Im still waiting on a Wii that has CD support ......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Awww ........ No else thought that was funny .......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I believe the cpu/gpu are at the limits of their respective technologies, any further advancements in power would require changing the architechture of the machine away from being compatible with the gamecube and thus introducing the Wii with the current PS3/360 backwards compatibility problems that they both have, as well as nullifying the advantage of the developers tools because the wii development tools are based off of the gamecube development kits, which have been around for many years and fine-tuned fairly well, in comparison to a completely new set of tools for the 360 and ps3.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.