By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: A Thief's End (The Making Of)

Thé second gif is just amazing.

TLOU everywhere !

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Aerys said:

TLOU everywhere !

That's what has excited me about this game from the start. I knew they'd take TLOU production values and use them in Uncharted. People disagreed with me on another forum because they thought it would ruin UC4. They just didn't understand that production value has nothing to do with the genre and more to do with presenting the genre in the best possible light.

The PS5 Exists. 

This game just raises the bar so damned much. I also like the grittier colour pallet.

The PS5 Exists. 

I like what I see all though I don't want to spoil it any further than the gifs.
Happy to see it's still bright and colorful overall.

It would be great if these making of videos were on the disc as the perfect time to watch them is after finishing a chapter or the game.

GribbleGrunger said:

This game just raises the bar so damned much. I also like the grittier colour pallet.

No but jesus christ the animation is just CONSISTENTLY the best ever. I mean COMEON Naughty Dog.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:

TLOU everywhere !

That's what has excited me about this game from the start. I knew they'd take TLOU production values and use them in Uncharted. People disagreed with me on another forum because they thought it would ruin UC4. They just didn't understand that production value has nothing to do with the genre and more to do with presenting the genre in the best possible light.

Taking the best of both IP's was the best idea they ever had for Uncharted 4, glad they threw away the first work and changed the directors for the game.

This game will be the perfect fusion , i just cant wait to see the result of such marriage, to play with the AI, try all the dynamic possibilities a la The Last Of Us( it seems very varied, among all the videos i've seen guys kicking Nathan in the head while he is under someone ,climbing and then Nathan grabing his leg to make him fall and then the guy grabing Nathan legs, a guy catching Nathan by behind so his friend can come and punch him while he holds him ( funny when i think about all the people who didnt believe me back then when i was telling them it's not scripted but interactive, it shows how good it is ), and many others, i'm stunned by all the gameplay possibilities, all the moves from ennemies, it makes every fight different .

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Taking the best of both IP's was the best idea they ever had for Uncharted 4, glad they threw away the first work and changed the directors for the game.

This game will be the perfect fusion , i just cant wait to see the result of such marriage, to play with the AI, try all the dynamic possibilities a la The Last Of Us( it seems very varied, among all the videos i've seen guys kicking Nathan in the head while he is under someone ,climbing and then Nathan grabing his leg to make him fall and then the guy grabing Nathan legs, a guy catching Nathan by behind so his friend can come and punch him while he holds him ( funny when i think about all the people who didnt believe me back then when i was telling them it's not scripted but interactive, it shows how good it is ), and many others, i'm stunned by all the gameplay possibilities, all the moves from ennemies, it makes every fight different .

I think people don't believe it because of the framing but ND have explained how the new camera system tries to pick the best angle for an action shot. That will be how they're pulling of that move when Drake jumps down onto the enemy, knocks him out with his machine gun and instantly switches to his immediate right to shoot a guy on the edge of an overhanging rock. The camera knows he's there, knows you've just grabbed the gun and so focuses on him so you can shoot immediately. This is going to lead to some exciting moments.

The PS5 Exists. 

These "Making Of' videos are definitely making me more hyped for Uncharted 4.

Why is May so far away? I need this game.

May may be far away, but be happy that may may come the day.

Part 5: The Making of UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End - In The End