By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First 10 Weeks Sales: SFV (PS4) -VS- ROTTR (X1) - VGC Data

Tagged games:

Choose wisely!

Street Fighter V (PS4) 145 43.15%

Rise of the Tomb Raider (X1) 191 56.85%

Total:336
Mr Puggsly said:

DonFerrari said:

Are you sure it's because it gives the vibe? Then why not one year? Or just FW? Seems pretty arbitrarily set to comply with what you though would be the most favorable situation for your assumption.

Of course Capcom screwed up, certainly on the execution and content. The only question is really how much is the loss potential of skipping X1 and if Sony paid enough for it to be worth to them. But looking at how screwed they done, anything Sony paid probably offset what they lost from X1 in this mess state (on a good release we would still be totally clueless).

In 10 weeks we saw RotTR go from modest start to very respectable finish. In that same period we saw SFV have an amazing first week to abysmal legs.

That is your opinion, and based on VGC and on a cut of time. It could very well end up on the vibe of SF growing and RTR diminishing. And what finish are you talking about? Is the game going to be removed from the market?

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

It's kinda pointless to discuss numbers that we already know are wrong and that at one time will be corrected... plus the OP even saying he uses VGC data, used outside data to reinforce his point while ignoring outside data that would deny his point.

When SE releases the figures for shipped, digital, and multple platforms perhaps we can compare that as well.

Considering Marketshare and trend curves RTR's VGC numbers are a lot more precise than their number on SF V. And it's quite pointless to look at a number that is completely outside of the reasonable for one item and use it just because the other haven't had official PR from their company (but we had the bad numbers comment and them Ok comment from them, and MS comment on all going over 1M, that if it was a lot more than 1M they certainly would make more clear and you know it).

But if you preffer to keep pretending the VGC numbers are somewhat right just because they give you the conclusion you want, ok. Whenever more precise numbers arrise this thread may revive.

Or it will be just forgotten by you like a lot have forgotten about most Halo threads saying the sales were very good and the over 50% digital and it is left behind because it became unsustainable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

In 10 weeks we saw RotTR go from modest start to very respectable finish. In that same period we saw SFV have an amazing first week to abysmal legs.

That is your opinion, and based on VGC and on a cut of time. It could very well end up on the vibe of SF growing and RTR diminishing. And what finish are you talking about? Is the game going to be removed from the market?

Mr Puggsly said:

When SE releases the figures for shipped, digital, and multple platforms perhaps we can compare that as well.

Considering Marketshare and trend curves RTR's VGC numbers are a lot more precise than their number on SF V. And it's quite pointless to look at a number that is completely outside of the reasonable for one item and use it just because the other haven't had official PR from their company (but we had the bad numbers comment and them Ok comment from them, and MS comment on all going over 1M, that if it was a lot more than 1M they certainly would make more clear and you know it).

But if you preffer to keep pretending the VGC numbers are somewhat right just because they give you the conclusion you want, ok. Whenever more precise numbers arrise this thread may revive.

Or it will be just forgotten by you like a lot have forgotten about most Halo threads saying the sales were very good and the over 50% digital and it is left behind because it became unsustainable.

Well we certainly know SFV under performed, we learned that well under 10 weeks. Not an opinion there.

Again, if numbers get updated on VGChartz I will update this thread. And if SFV actually sold more in its first 10 weeks, many will boast. If it didn't, it will be forgotten.

Your Halo 5 digital thing is irrelevant, no need to bring up other topics out of bitterness of this one.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Lol no. I never use VGChartz.

I compare Microsoft numbers ( which include digital ) to Capcom numbers. Both are official, not an estimate, this is what i use.

All MS said was well over a million, that isn't an exact figure like Capcom threw out.

Also, there is the shipped vs sold thing.

Anyhow guys, we can revisit this thread in the future if we get new info, numbers change, etc.

But that's what i'm talking about, i don't say who won, i just reported the official numbers from Capcom and Microsoft.

I don't said Street Fighter won, and if i should be honest, i feel like Street Fighter is massive overshipped, so i think Tomb Raider most likely won those firsts 10 weeks.

Ryng_Tolu said:

I don't said Street Fighter won, and if i should be honest, i feel like Street Fighter is massive overshipped, so i think Tomb Raider most likely won those firsts 10 weeks.

I am thinking the same thing. 

Also bringing Halo 5 is irrelevant in this thread, just people upset about things.

Proud to be a Californian.

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

Well we certainly know SFV under performed, we learned that well under 10 weeks. Not an opinion there.

Again, if numbers get updated on VGChartz I will update this thread. And if SFV actually sold more in its first 10 weeks, many will boast. If it didn't, it will be forgotten.

Your Halo 5 digital thing is irrelevant, no need to bring up other topics out of bitterness of this one.

And we know RTR undeperformed, by admission of their own team.

I wouldn't know why someone would boast about a underpeforming game outselling another undeperformer, maybe you could explain it, since you have been very clingworthy on it.

Not totally irrelevant since it's the same aspect of denial of official information and trying to use whatever number better fit the narrative and then pushing it asside when it isn't interesting anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Mr Puggsly said:

All MS said was well over a million, that isn't an exact figure like Capcom threw out.

Anyhow guys, we can revisit this thread in the future if we get new info, numbers change, etc.

But that's what i'm talking about, i don't say who won, i just reported the official numbers from Capcom and Microsoft.

Agreed.

I know VGChartz isn't always right, but there is a huge gap right now according to VGChartz and we know for certain SFV under performed.

Going with Greenberg's vague numbers and Capcom's likely shipped numbers doesn't make much sense to me.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

darkenergy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Also bringing Halo 5 is irrelevant in this thread, just people upset about things.

Care to elaborate?

DonFerrari said:
darkenergy said:

Care to elaborate?

No think about it yourself.

Proud to be a Californian.

DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

And we know RTR undeperformed, by admission of their own team.

I wouldn't know why someone would boast about a underpeforming game outselling another undeperformer, maybe you could explain it, since you have been very clingworthy on it.

Not totally irrelevant since it's the same aspect of denial of official information and trying to use whatever number better fit the narrative and then pushing it asside when it isn't interesting anymore.

Did they? Could you please direct me to an article of them saying RotTR underperformed.

Looking at the numbers on VGChartz, RotTR did fine compared to TR 2013 on 360. Can you say the same about SFV comapred to SFIV on PS4? Nope.

No, its irrelevant. Trust me on this one.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Lol no. I never use VGChartz.

I compare Microsoft numbers ( which include digital ) to Capcom numbers. Both are official, not an estimate, this is what i use.

Microsoft Stated "Well Over 1 Million", or "Well, Over 1 Million" ?.  The only statement that i remember is "Every game of the 2015 Biggest Line-up sold more than 1 Million of Units".