By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First 10 Weeks Sales: SFV (PS4) -VS- ROTTR (X1) - VGC Data

Tagged games:

Choose wisely!

Street Fighter V (PS4) 145 43.15%

Rise of the Tomb Raider (X1) 191 56.85%

Total:336
Mr Puggsly said:
demonfox13 said:succeedMore like "timed exclusivity is usually the best route for an IP since Microsoft has been doing it for a while." That's more reflective lol.

O.T. SFV will have legs as long as content keeps rolling in.

True... Titanfall, DR3, Ryse, and Sunset Overdrive were all timed games that came to PS4. Right?

A lot of indie stuff has been timed with PS4.

On the other hand Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect 1&2, Oblivion and Bioshock were timed exclusives on 360. So what is your point, that launch exclusives made by third parties somehow prove that Microsoft hasn't been doing "it" for a while? That response just makes you look even more biased.

http://mmgn.com/xboxone/articles--30-big-timed-exclusive-games

Around the Network
-Ack!- said:
Mr Puggsly said:

True... Titanfall, DR3, Ryse, and Sunset Overdrive were all timed games that came to PS4. Right?

A lot of indie stuff has been timed with PS4.

On the other hand Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect 1&2, Oblivion and Bioshock were timed exclusives on 360. So what is your point, that launch exclusives made by third parties somehow prove that Microsoft hasn't been doing "it" for a while? That response just makes you look even more biased.

My point was timed exclusivity is not always the case, which is accurate.

Simmer down, buddy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Vladimir7 said:
Street fighter V sold pretty poorly. Check the NPD? The ps4 version of naruto, which didn't even top the top 10 list either, outsold sfv

At least it charted.

Didnt you know that Rise of the Tomb Raider went Uncharted on its debut month NPD?

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rise-tomb-raider-goes-uncharted-debut-month-npd-sales/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.D. Rise of the Tomb Raider is (imo) not showing any legs at all. It is currently sitting at #272 on Amazon, for a game this great (Yes, i finished the game on my Xbox One) it is not good at all.

AEGRO said:
Vladimir7 said:
Street fighter V sold pretty poorly. Check the NPD? The ps4 version of naruto, which didn't even top the top 10 list either, outsold sfv

At least it charted.

Didnt you know that Rise of the Tomb Raider went Uncharted on its debut month NPD?

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rise-tomb-raider-goes-uncharted-debut-month-npd-sales/

I remember that twit from the fake CEO Kaz Hirai on twitter.

"Rise of the Tomb Raider is now exclusive to Xbox One. Square Enix clearly wants the game to be uncharted: as in, not entering the charts."

The fact that, he ended up being right... was just brutal.

Mr Puggsly said:
-Ack!- said:

Simmer down, buddy.

Your intension was good, but the way you presented your point made no sense, however I agree now that you presented it clearly. Overall Microsoft has done this a lot, but not much in this generation.

Around the Network
-Ack!- said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Simmer down, buddy.

Your intension was good, but the way you presented your point made no sense, however I agree now that you presented it clearly. Overall Microsoft has done this a lot, but not much in this generation.

I think I made perfect sense, you clearly understood. I was simply focusing on this gen.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

shikamaru317 said:
3rd week is up now for SFV, it sold 40k in it's 3rd week, 569k total after 3 weeks. RotTR closing in fast now, it had sold 527k after 3 weeks.

Indeed, I will update the OP later today. With those legs thus far RotTR is gonna be way ahead by week 10.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
shikamaru317 said:
3rd week is up now for SFV, it sold 40k in it's 3rd week, 569k total after 3 weeks. RotTR closing in fast now, it had sold 527k after 3 weeks.

Indeed, I will update the OP later today. With those legs thus far RotTR is gonna be way ahead by week 10.

Really think that ?, with 2 Weeks already is more than Halfway to surpass Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Rise of the Tomb Raider, was a Single Player game, Street Fighter, is a competitive game, so will receive support, and will have legs, from February 17, to 10 weeks, is until 27 of April, until then will have a lot of Att, they will add more things.

Also until then, Capcom, will have more than 7 Championship, in  USA, Scotland, Brazil, and Italy, din't you think that those Capcom Pro Tour, will not raise interest on the game ?, also the new Att ?, Rise of The Tomb Raider, was avaliable on the best selling month of the year, but unfortunately the DLC, only launched 11-12 Weeks after Launch.

I Bet that the game will sell more than Tomb Raider, in less than 10 Weeks.

Swordmasterman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Really think that ?, with 2 Weeks already is more than Halfway to surpass Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Rise of the Tomb Raider, was a Single Player game, Street Fighter, is a competitive game, so will receive support, and will have legs, from February 17, to 10 weeks, is until 27 of April, until then will have a lot of Att, they will add more things.

Also until then, Capcom, will have more than 7 Championship, in  USA, Scotland, Brazil, and Italy, din't you think that those Capcom Pro Tour, will not raise interest on the game ?, also the new Att ?, Rise of The Tomb Raider, was avaliable on the best selling month of the year, but unfortunately the DLC, only launched 11-12 Weeks after Launch.

Lets wait and see. It will certainly take better legs than we've seen for that to happen.

Recently Completed

Swordmasterman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The only thing these two games have in common is that they were bought console exclusives. 

Tomb Raider sales will drop off a cliff by the end of year one on XBO. I expect to see it heavily discounted before then. It should pick up some sales on PS4 when released. 

By contrast, SFV will likely still be generating sales five years from now unless the SF gaming league competition niche dries up, which I just don't see happening. 

At this point, about the only consumer niche producing any sort of sales at all for SFV are the competitve and tournament players, which is a pretty select group. 

Rather than doing a 10 week comparison, which I suspect is intended to show how a bought XBO console exclusive measures up in sales against a bought PS4 console exclusive (favorably is the result being sought), see how the numbers stack up when all sales are totaled up five or so years from now. Of course, who cares at that point, even on VGC for the sake of an argument?