By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lionhead Shutting Down. Fable Legends Cancelled.

So now only the Halo+Forza yearly milking remains. Terrible news for people at both studios. Interesting if this is of a hint Xbox going as a brand

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

Around the Network

What the hell MS?? Fable legends looked awesome and now its cancelled?? That was extremely disappointing...

Luke888 said:
Oh gawd, Rare watch your back..

Rare just filled the Microsoft coffers with Rare Replay and Sea of Thieves will be their big test. 

They been doing Microsoft a solid by supporting Kinect. They should be fine for a few more years.

Holy balls! My first Fable game was Fable II and I still have such great memories of that series. It was one of M$'s Holy Trinity until Forza took over the spot. I'm shocked and saddened by this one!

Damn that sucks

Around the Network

Wow, not the greatest news to start the week with. Really not a good sign when a company not only cancels a game but closes the studio behind it as well. @_@

Feel bad for the people that were looking forward to Fable Legends, and especially awful for all the people that lost their jobs due to this. Hope they can find work elsewhere and soon.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

pokoko said:

With the studio itself, Fable III was in 2010. Since then, they're probably just been eating resources while producing nothing of significance. Fable Legends was probably their last chance.
KingofTrolls said:

I think it is a signal of our times - UK employess have one of the highest salaries in the world, its really hard to maintain them, even for MS.

Riiight, wage bills has nothing to do with this.  Ignoring the tax break I've mentioned before which helps the games industry. Fable 3 sold 5 million on 360 alone. That's a lot of money, enough to keep a world renouned studio like Lionhead open for years, they were nearing completion of their game, stopping now is just odd.

Hmm, pie.

Well there goes the new IP I was waiting for them to reveal.

I've been critical of both Fable and Lionhead but this is the last thing I wanted, hope everyone lands a new job fairly quick. I did not expect this

Seriously gutted right now.

I don't remember the last time I was so sad over video game related news. I loved Black and White to pieces, The Movies had a special place in my heart and started playing it again a few months ago, and Fable was an equally important part of my childhood.

I really have no words.

I kept wanting to buy an xb360 just for Fable and was glad it was coming to pc. Now all that effort of those people will be gone?!

Fuck that.

The Fury said:
pokoko said:

With the studio itself, Fable III was in 2010. Since then, they're probably just been eating resources while producing nothing of significance. Fable Legends was probably their last chance.

Riiight, wage bills has nothing to do with this.  Ignoring the tax break I've mentioned before which helps the games industry. Fable 3 sold 5 million on 360 alone. That's a lot of money, enough to keep a world renouned studio like Lionhead open for years, they were nearing completion of their game, stopping now is just odd.

So you don't think it would have made a difference if they'd produced a hit game in the last six years?  Or if Microsoft had any confidence in Fable Legends?  You think Microsoft, of all companies, is going to say, "your output isn't very good at all but you made us money six years ago, so don't worry about pulling your own weight now"?

Really?

Microsoft isn't a charity.  The past makes no difference if they think a studio isn't going to contribute meaningfully in the future or if they believe the budget will continuously exceed the profit.