By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lionhead Shutting Down. Fable Legends Cancelled.

This is pretty crazy to hear. Wonder what MS is going to do with Fable now?

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Who's next? Rare and Sea of thieves? Seems like an obvious choice...

Closing Rare would be a huge PR disaster. Sure, their games in recent history haven't been a success but closing them would make the entire internet bitch towards Microsoft. That being said, Rare shutting down or being sold wouldn't surprise me if SoT is a failure.

Faelco said:
Who's next? Rare and Sea of thieves? Seems like an obvious choice...

MS would probably sooner sell Rare rather than shut it down.

I could see Sea of Thieves cancelled though. Seems like ages since we've seen an update on that title.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

mountaindewslave said:

that said the community response to Fable Legends wasn't that high, the majority of people like Fable for its solo story adventure, not for some strange multiplayer monster fighting or whatever :/

How a bad idea can kill a game.

Fable as a moba / player vs GM, system was shallow and too differnt from what made it great and loved.

Honestly Im not surprised, I remember seeing the gameplay/trailers for it saying so in a thread here on the matter.

moba fable = bad idea.

You guys know this is second time shut down studio.

Around the Network

whoever in their right mind decided to green light something like fable legends...smh.
they should have first pushed out fable 4 before diving into a solely mp/online-centric fable game.

roborad said:
whoever in their right mind decided to green light something like fable legends...smh.
they should have first pushed out fable 4 before diving into a solely mp/online-centric fable game.

Yep bad call, probably what did them in.

A safer call would have been to just make a Fable 4, doubt MS would have killed their company if they where working on a normal fable game.

This really pisses me off. I'm in the Fable Legends beta, and the game was coming along great. Such a fucking waste. I'm sorry to all those who lost their job at both Lionhead and Press Play.

Woah. That's why they were pretty silent with the game...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Woah. That's why they were pretty silent with the game...

It doesn't appear so looking at that tweet from the 4th, unless they were jsut 'braving it out', which IS a possibility.

The PS5 Exists.