By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Did You Buy your Console?

Why did you buy the console you own?

Brand Loyalty 45 15.57%

Exclusives 188 65.05%

Multiplatform 8 2.77%

Controller 10 3.46%

Community 8 2.77%

Track Record 30 10.38%

Total:289

Q: Why Did You Buy your Console?
A: To play games on it.

Around the Network

As stupid as it may look, in 2013 it was the Witness and N++ that drive my choice toward the PS4.

Just for games

Xbox One for social features and I like the "Xbox feel". It was the last console I bought, actually.

WiiU because if brand loyalty. It was the first one I bought.

PlayStation 4 because of variety and power and (at the time) the promise of what was to come.

Last gen:
Xbox 360 because I couldn't find a PS3

Wii because Nintendo (it was hard to find. Took MONTHS!)

PS3 because I needed MGS4.

I buy all consoles each gen so I can experience all the exclusives primarily. The "best" console of the gen is where I do my multiplat gaming.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
I collect them and I like gaming.

Forgive me for not putting 'collecting' in there :)

It never even crossed my mind.

The PS5 Exists. 

Track record - I trust Sony and the PlayStation brand to deliver a library of games I enjoy. Right now I am very happy with my choice. I think if I had waited I still would have settled on PS4 due to mix of great exclusives and having multi platform titles I want.

It had mainline Pokemon games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wii U - I've bought the prior 3 Nintendo consoles & knew I'd get fun out of it. I guess that's brand loyalty & exclusives combined

PS4 - I knew it would get a great line-up of games eventually and LBP3 looked pretty cool. I'd put that under track record & exclusives

3rd party games weren't even on my mind in either scenario. When buying the Wii U, I knew it wouldn't be getting the 3rd party games, and didn't care. When deciding between PS4 & XBone, I had assumed that'd get the same amount of 3rd party games so didn't factor it in.

[] [] [] {} [] 

Track record and Exclusives, so in that casr I prefer Playstation, with long lifecycles and a diversed library.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar