By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Did You Buy your Console?

Why did you buy the console you own?

Brand Loyalty 45 15.57%

Exclusives 188 65.05%

Multiplatform 8 2.77%

Controller 10 3.46%

Community 8 2.77%

Track Record 30 10.38%

Total:289

To play the new Zelda.

Lol.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I buy Nintendo consoles solely for Smash.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Because i wanna collect & play games.

Playstation has always been the platform of diversity. Both in quantity and quality. I didn't get a PS1 at launch....because I was like 6 when it came out and I didn't have money. But after seeing friends have it for 2 years and how much fun it was, I asked for one for Christmas. Same with the PS2. With PS3, I got one a year after it came out, but it was the same logic.

With the 4th go around, I got a PS4 around launch time. Because, at this point, I know what kind of gaming is going to happen for me for this generation. Evert genre is going to be coming to the platform, and not just one-offs, but a good amount of everything. It was like that for the PS1, PS2, and PS3. It stands to reason that it will happen for the PS4. Quality JRPGs, Fighters, Adventure, Action, etc games, many of which will be exclusive (not just one or two you can point to and say "hey, these types of games are on this platform as well"). There's no one "focus" when it comes to Playstation, as history has shown, and I enjoy that. That's why I bought the console.

Sure, there will be multiplatform games, and they may very well take up the majority of my library, but that comes with the territory of a console's library having a high amount of multiplatform games. But, when we're talking about exclusive games, the above mentioned is what separates PS from everything else. 

I bought my consoles because they were on sale. Saved me $120 on my Wii U about 10 months in, and about $200 on PS4 during the transition from 500gb to 1tb releases.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Video Games.

I've got a Wii U and a PS4 and I bought both for the exclusives. Back in the 7th gen the PS3 was for exclusives and 3rd party games but now I buy the vast majority of 3rd party games on PC.

Signature goes here!

I bought it for the games.

None of those were reasons that I bought my xbox. This is the first xbox I have owned, and I bought it so I could play with friends, and I love playing Halo with friends. So I got it.

Jdog535 said:
None of those were reasons that I bought my xbox. This is the first xbox I have owned, and I bought it so I could play with friends, and I love playing Halo with friends. So I got it.

So, community then. :)

The PS5 Exists.