By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Did You Buy your Console?

Why did you buy the console you own?

Brand Loyalty 45 15.57%

Exclusives 188 65.05%

Multiplatform 8 2.77%

Controller 10 3.46%

Community 8 2.77%

Track Record 30 10.38%

Total:289

I bought the Wii-U because Nintendo's software continues to be the epitome of excellence and quality in a world where software is shipped beta and in certain instances, remains that way. 

I bought the PS4 for it's exclusives, but only a handful. I no longer care so much about third party dark/gun obsessed/violent games, so it collects a lot of dust.

I bought Xbox One for it's online service stability but soured on that console rather quickly and sold it off.

Around the Network

My sympathy to anyone who bought a PS4 for exclusives.

I got PS4 because of inFAMOUS.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

For the exclusives, I have a Pc for it's exclusives and M-p and the Ps4 for it's exclusives, weird enough my pack-gang did the same, so I didn't need to worry about following myself community

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Track record for me. Sony home consoles are always worth the investment.

Around the Network

Exclusives are designed for a specific hardware and the devs doesn't need to worry about optimizing the game to work on all platforms which means the overall quality on exclusives tend to be better polished with better in-game graphics. If witcher wasn't a multiplat, we would have gotten the first original version before they downgraded it, instead of the one where buildings and other things got degraded. So exclusives are actually a good thing.

What is the point with several devices if them all offered the same games? The strongest but cheapest platform would completely destroy the other platforms and they would go bankrupt.. Without exclusives, the competition between them would be downgraded into redundant war over shit which doesn't even matter. If ur solution is equal power, equal service and the same games, the point in buying one over the other is 100% based on design and controller, Sony will sell uncharted on XB and Microsoft would sell Halo on PS, which is weird, cuz if People care about one of those games, that is the platform they buy, so basically it doesn't really make a difference on how things are now.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

The 'people don't buy consoles for exclusives' narrative is hilarious. It might not be the first priority for a gamer but its still an incentive.

OT: Bought a PS4 because it is the best gaming console IMO.

bacause they have games i wanted to play.

Exclusives, and I trust Sony to deliver a great library of games.

I bought my WiiU for Smash...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Exclusives, and I trust Sony to deliver a great library of games.

I bought my WiiU for Smash...

This

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames