By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the price of a "full priced game"?

So as the title  says really, what is the price? Because I see alot off people ragging on specifically Twilight Princess HD but others too. Saying this game is a joke at full price blah blah except I just payed 55 euros ( £40 with exchange rate) for the game, a nice cd and the amiboo. I only really wanted the game and cd which seemed worth it at 40 pound!

So is 40 pound the price off a " full game" because I'm sure black ops, fifa etc are atleast 50 pound on release so what's the deal?

Around the Network

I count any game above €30 as “full priced“ nowadays.

I payed $68 AUD for the amiibo bundle, SUCK IT MURICA

Depends. At least $30 for handheld and at least $40-50 for console.

bet: lost

To those who answered, how much is say black ops 3 in USD when it releases?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, I'd say £40 is full price. Some companies have tried to take advantage of the fact a new gen has started and tried to charge more than that (often up to £50, same thing actually happened at the start of the 7th gen), but if you look round a bit you can usually find most games for around £40. Although PSN and XBL are often much higher than that, I've seen some games on there for £60 which is just insane.

They seem to release at £50 then drop really quick. Whereas Nintendo's games seem cheaper but never drop in price 😠! 40 pound doesn't seem bad though for TPHD with CD and amiboo

It can be 80$ here in Canada. Some 74.99, but still. Absolutely expensive here...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, I'd say £40 is full price. Some companies have tried to take advantage of the fact a new gen has started and tried to charge more than that (often up to £50, same thing actually happened at the start of the 7th gen), but if you look round a bit you can usually find most games for around £40. Although PSN and XBL are often much higher than that, I've seen some games on there for £60 which is just insane.

It's pure insanity. It's DIGITAL aswell, they can't even claim it to be shipping costs.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

in black ops and fifa went alot more work then into this. This was a retexturing and upscaling of an old game. Thats it.

If you get Halo: MCC for 50 bucks (4-5 games), just getting TPHD for the same feels ALOT overprieced.

I buy my games in GameStop if I buy them on disk, here in Ireland they cost At least 75 euro at release. Black ops 3 cost 75 and the season pass was 50 on top of it. I bought the psn bundle for 100.