By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the price of a "full priced game"?

Nogamez said:

So is 40 pound the price off a " full game" because I'm sure black ops, fifa etc are atleast 50 pound on release so what's the deal?

You know how stores in the UK work, RRP is £55 but all stores release the game at £45, online compete and you can preorder for £35, I got BO3 for £35.

This said, I think the idea of a full prices game is one that meets the RRP of £45-60 (yes some are that much) but has to have a disc release. I don't think you can get one that isn't, a disc release game at £20 isn't a full game. I mean Wolfenstein The New Order was a full game, it released it's expansion as a stand alone for £20 and it was half as long...

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
elektranine said:
Sorry but the game is a full priced game. It is $60 in the US. Anybody trying to say otherwise is not being honest. The game is not even a remake but a remaster (uprezed textures and resolution). Anything north of $30 in my opinion is really not justified at all. No other company could get away with this so Nintendo shouldn't be any different.

60 dollars is 40 pound right? I thought new ps4 xone games are around 50 pound. So that's not full priced right.  It seems like really randomly priced because here in Europe it is roughly 33 pound where as in uk is 40 pound and 40 pound in USA. With current exchange rates. So mainland Europe is much cheapest

In the United States a new full priced game is $60. In europe by exchange rates a new game should only be 40 pounds not 50 pounds but you guys always get screwed over by that. That is why they are supportive of region locking so much. So yes Nintendo is still charging full price for an old game even if they arn't screwing you guys over as much price wise.

60€. TPHD is cheaper in Europe like many WiiU games who launch at 60$ in the US

A full priced game is $60 USD. You will see a handful launch at $50 USD. Yoshi's Woolly World comes to mind.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

$50 to $60 for me but I guess that would be different in other countries.