By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the price of a "full priced game"?

Nogamez said:
So have we decided if TPHD Is full priced or not? For me 45 euros seems fairly cheap esp when witcher 3, COD etc is 70 euros. Confused why ppl complaining about it been full prices!

I had an long answer ready for this but unfortunaly i ( JNK ) was freebanned by carl because he cant handle me critics against him. Im sorry but the whole post got deleted. 

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
So have we decided if TPHD Is full priced or not? For me 45 euros seems fairly cheap esp when witcher 3, COD etc is 70 euros. Confused why ppl complaining about it been full prices!

It's $80 here in Canada, +13% tax, $90.40
After tax thats that's about 61.70 euros. So yeah, not paying that for a remaster of a $50 game. (at release)

Sorry but the game is a full priced game. It is $60 in the US. Anybody trying to say otherwise is not being honest. The game is not even a remake but a remaster (uprezed textures and resolution). Anything north of $30 in my opinion is really not justified at all. No other company could get away with this so Nintendo shouldn't be any different.

elektranine said:
Sorry but the game is a full priced game. It is $60 in the US. Anybody trying to say otherwise is not being honest. The game is not even a remake but a remaster (uprezed textures and resolution). Anything north of $30 in my opinion is really not justified at all. No other company could get away with this so Nintendo shouldn't be any different.

60 dollars is 40 pound right? I thought new ps4 xone games are around 50 pound. So that's not full priced right.  It seems like really randomly priced because here in Europe it is roughly 33 pound where as in uk is 40 pound and 40 pound in USA. With current exchange rates. So mainland Europe is much cheapest

elektranine said:

Also £20 I think is too cheap. Maybe £30 ( whatever that is in dollars) would be a better price.But then for me its worth just to be able to play game without motion control and horrible blurry graphics. The extra dungeons, gyroscope, shortened sections,new items and stuff are just nice extras

Around the Network

$30-40 handheld games

$50-60 console games

I would only buy the games at full price if it was something that I really want, and would still wait out for the other ones

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Prices are flulctuating in my country right now, for instance TP HD is being sold in official retailers for $78.

Full priced games are $60 over here. I think TPHD is $50.

barneystinson69 said:

It can be 80$ here in Canada. Some 74.99, but still. Absolutely expensive here...

It's gotten pretty brutal, but we were at parity with the U.S. for about a decade. Hell, when I was a kid, things were way worse. How's $99 for the NES version of Double Dragon sound to you. How about $120 for Phantasy Star on the the Genesis? That's before tax mind you. Those games were released in 89' and 90' respectively, it would be even more insane if adjusted for inflation.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

$60 USD is a full release.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames