By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Official VGChartz Supporters Thread - New Perks Added

Machina said:
TruckOSaurus said:
The main problem with the Game DB is that the data is on a separate database to which I don't currently have access. I can make out some of the tables and fields names from the code that's already in place but to develop for it would be quite troublesome until I have that access.

But getting the game collection functionalities to work should be possible.

Is that a reference to Pro or Gamewise?

It's a reference to the Pro DB yeah.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
What does the "voting power on articles" mean?

That if you pay enough, you can be dick (or cunt, whichever you prefer) and downvote everyone to hell.

User was warned for this post ~ CGI-Quality

Machina said:
Rain2 said:

As far as I know the ability to add games & rate them is gone.

If you could bring that back, improve it by keeping everyone's ratings in one convenient database, along with box arts and so on, that would be pretty nice we could have our own little Metacritic (mod the reviews tho in order to delete troll ones)

Would love for the GameDB to return, but imagine that will be an absolutely enormous undertaking.

Please.  Im Ready to get back to work!

Versus_Evil said:

I think you have a great list of suggestions there :) formatting wise, most of it works, even on mobile. I know fonts refuse to work tho, also pics will only show in preview for me if i  use [ img ] .pic [/ img ] over the other option.

Also using HTML to change font colour doesn't work for me, using the code < p >< font color="red">example text!< / font > without spaces doesn't work, it shows it works but upon submit it reverts the texr back to black, or am I doing something wrong?

The ability to add color or change text size was disabled a while ago.

I think the reason for that was that the script that allowed that, could also be used for malware and other nasty things (or weird but fun things as one user used to do. I won't tell names).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Versus_Evil said:

I think you have a great list of suggestions there :) formatting wise, most of it works, even on mobile. I know fonts refuse to work tho, also pics will only show in preview for me if i  use [ img ] .pic [/ img ] over the other option.

Also using HTML to change font colour doesn't work for me, using the code < p >< font color="red">example text!< / font > without spaces doesn't work, it shows it works but upon submit it reverts the texr back to black, or am I doing something wrong?

I think the reason for that was that the script that allowed that, could also be used for malware and other nasty things (or weird but fun things as one user used to do. I won't tell names).

The reason was the ioi wanted to have a unified look in the forums so he removed the ability to change the font type and text color. There are workarounds like adding "!important" to the CSS rule for your color. These things are in a kind of grey area since I could fix them but then I'd be going against what ioi wants for his site.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
JEMC said:

The reason was the ioi wanted to have a unified look in the forums so he removed the ability to change the font type and text color. There are workarounds like adding "!important" to the CSS rule for your color. These things are in a kind of grey area since I could fix them but then I'd be going against what ioi wants for his site.

I was missinformed then. Thanks for explaining that.

And to know that we can actually do it is... interesting ^.^

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Well I did it, Im now a Bronze supporter... for a month anyway. If all goes well I will renew it for a year.

Machina said:
HoloDust said:

That if you pay enough, you can be dick (or cunt, whichever you prefer) and downvote everyone to hell.

That's not really what I had in mind nor what I expect to happen. Way I see it those who choose to become Supporters will almost always be good users that want to improve the site and give something back (and indeed I think that applies to everyone that's signed up so far). Such people having stronger voting power will probably be a good thing for the comments section.

Yeah, from my experience, I'm not optimistic about that at all, plus I really don't think someone's opinion is more valid just cause he bought more voting power - basically, IMO, what we have here is more or less equal to F2P model.

I didn't know this was up already.

Tagging. I'll be back later.

axumblade said:
Carl2291 said:
I didn't know this was up already.

Tagging. I'll be back later.

Guess I'll have to permaban you now so you can't steal my thunder. 

Or you could always just gift me a years worth of Gold Subscription.

That would be cool too.