By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will a wall truly help the US?

Wall for the US?

Yep 76 30.52%

Nope. 173 69.48%

Total:249

Why do people think that illegal immigrants would have such a negative impact on the economy? They don't receive social benefits but do contribute sales taxes. On the other hand, a good relationship with mexico (easy flow of wares) is crucial) the american car industry would crumblep evn faster without it.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
The awkward moment when immigration is below net zero, more people are leaving the country than joining the country.

When's that awkward moment coming? It's not happened yet:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2112rank.html

My bad, I meant Mexican immigration.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

you guys better build that wall.. i don't wanna have all those people who voted for Trump running in the wild.. it keeps the rest of the world safe from Trumpism.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Sure walls always help. They keep your roof up, keep you warm, you can lean against them...

A wall (fence) is helping Macedonia save Europe, so it could work for the US

http://www.rferl.org/content/macedonian-leader-ivanov-blasts-eu-for-failing-secure-borders-migrants/27590669.html

Around the Network

Does anyone have any facts on how many people have come into the USA from Mexico illegally in the last 3 years?
Do we know how they cross the border?
a) % that cross on land illegally?
b) % that cross on water illegally?
c) % that cross by air illegally?
d) % that cross legally (tourist) but do not return to Mexico as they should?

A wall would only stop MOST of the people from category (a).

Isn't the real problem all the companies that hire them? If they had no legitimate jobs, they would have no way to support themselves in the US and they would go back (or not come in the first place). That is why most of them come the US, right? The chance at getting a job and having a better life?

Full disclosure, I am not from the USA and I do not know every detail of this issue. These are just some of the questions that come to mind.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

pokoko said:
I wonder how much Trump knows about the Great Wall of China? A wall is nothing but an inconvenience without guards stationed along every avenue of approach. It's going to be expensive to build and even more expensive to maintain. Technology will eventually be the key, with or without a physical wall, but we probably aren't there yet.

That being said, this might be a clever red herring. Perhaps Trump knows the Great Wall of the United States will never get built. Maybe he's running on it to get voters on his side and then when it doesn't happen he's planning to point the finger of blame elsewhere.

just blame congress.  It's worked for Obama

I am Iron Man

palou said:

Why do people think that illegal immigrants would have such a negative impact on the economy? They don't receive social benefits but do contribute sales taxes. On the other hand, a good relationship with mexico (easy flow of wares) is crucial) the american car industry would crumblep evn faster without it.

1.  They can vote.  It's kind of bribery at this point as those who make the laws more lax and don't care about ILLEGAL activity like illegal immigration will get more and more votes.

2. They receive healthcare.  With the ACA already doubling my health insurance rates this just makes it worse all the time the more people the middle class has to pay for

I am Iron Man

Well it would create a hell of a lot of jobs so in that way it helps. In every other way I doubt it would help, you can still travel by sea from Mexico to the US and the cartels will always find a way. The solution for US its immigration problems is to wage a war against Mexican drug Kartels and put them into Guatanamo, or just kill them. Furthermore the US needs tottrade more with Mexico to get their economy running so that people actually want to live there. Europe's immigration problem is harder though since they need to keep entire Africa and large parts of the middle east happy. And considering Europe isn't allowed to wipe IS from this planet the continent is going to adopt half of Syria. Some are stuck in Turkey but I am sure they will get past Turkey soon enough.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
palou said:

1.  They can vote.  It's kind of bribery at this point as those who make the laws more lax and don't care about ILLEGAL activity like illegal immigration will get more and more votes.

2. They receive healthcare.  With the ACA already doubling my health insurance rates this just makes it worse all the time the more people the middle class has to pay for

In that case, the simple and logical solution would be to register all individuals by fingerprint id.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.