By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will a wall truly help the US?

Wall for the US?

Yep 76 30.52%

Nope. 173 69.48%

Total:249
hershel_layton said:

From personal experiences, a wall wouldn't be smart. Great example is israel. They have huge walls, ones that can stretch for a few miles. Checkpoints are made, with soldiers checking cars(and buses) of Palestinians.

Sounds smart, but it actually isn't. There are usually multiple conflicts around walls in the areas of Palestine, with the unfortunate cases of people being killed(whether if they're Palestinian or Israeli). 

It sucks enough that my home town is infected with walls- it'd suck if America(where I've lived my entire life) would set up walls as well.

We also have a decent relationship with Mexico. Last thing we need is for them to turn against us.

Well, a lot of people already die due to illegal immigration, so it's not like this isn't already a reality. It's just really easy for criminal organizations (mostly drug cartels because Americans can't quit crack) move into the country. Not that a wall is a perfect solution to stop that from happening, but it would certainly make it harder. That's why it's a lazy solution and people can gravitate to it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
hershel_layton said:

From personal experiences, a wall wouldn't be smart. Great example is israel. They have huge walls, ones that can stretch for a few miles. Checkpoints are made, with soldiers checking cars(and buses) of Palestinians.

Sounds smart, but it actually isn't. There are usually multiple conflicts around walls in the areas of Palestine, with the unfortunate cases of people being killed(whether if they're Palestinian or Israeli). 

It sucks enough that my home town is infected with walls- it'd suck if America(where I've lived my entire life) would set up walls as well.

We also have a decent relationship with Mexico. Last thing we need is for them to turn against us.

Well, a lot of people already die due to illegal immigration, so it's not like this isn't already a reality. It's just really easy for criminal organizations (mostly drug cartels because Americans can't quit crack) move into the country. Not that a wall is a perfect solution to stop that from happening, but it would certainly make it harder. That's why it's a lazy solution and people can gravitate to it.

Is the drug issue really that big of a deal? I feel as if people exaggerate the drug crisis.

Also, if we build the wall withot reconsideration, a lot of damage to our country(and peace with mexico) will disappear. We don't need tensions at all. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Jaxyfoo said:
If Trump gets in, please build the wall all the way around.

What you saying about Canadians?

No. Because it is complete waste of time in anyway shape or form. Not only immigration problem is smaller than what most people think. An idea that just a Wall does anything is a pointless imagination.

hershel_layton said:
outlawauron said:

Is the drug issue really that big of a deal? I feel as if people exaggerate the drug crisis.

Also, if we build the wall withot reconsideration, a lot of damage to our country(and peace with mexico) will disappear. We don't need tensions at all. 

While building a wall is definitely huge "FU" to Mexico, it's not like the US doesn't have the spot to bargain from. That's kinda why Trump is so adamant about it. The US has all the leverage in this situation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Zappykins said:

How are they stealing something that is given to them?  The companies are violated the law by hiring people illegally.

What invasion are you talking about?

PS Just because you claim to be a minory doesn't mean you can't be racist.

Extremely sad that you would even discredit one's argument because you accuse them of being racists ...  

And the mexicans violated the law by crossing the border illegally without visas or government permission before companies were hiring them ...

Really not hard to grasp that the first and main offenders are the illegal immigrants ...

Er um - "accuse them of being racist" then in your next sentance single out one country - when many illegal immigrants come from all over the world.

I'll just leave it at that.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:

Er um - "accuse them of being racist" then in your next sentance single out one country - when many illegal immigrants come from all over the world.

I'll just leave it at that.

First, mexicans are NOT a race and second it is a FACT that the majority of the illegal immigrants have their origins traced to Mexico ... 

Accusing one of racism is low and you know it ...

Were there any cases where building a wall helped a county? Only bad cases come to mind.

hershel_layton said:

Talking against facts here.

The Israeli wall is a huge success. Terrorism inside Israel plummeted after it was built and most experts credit that to the wall.

I don't understand how people can be against walls when needed, unless you are a leftist who wants to destabilize the Western system and way of living with multiculturalism and free immigration.

Borders between nations are meant to keep out people that don't have legal reasons to enter. It's as simple as that.

KingofTrolls said:
hershel_layton said:No, I mean, at first, building a wall sounds like a slightly reasonable idea. However, when you add in reality, it becomes a horrid idea

What are doing European countries to stop migrants now ? Building walls.

Walls have been builded in Austria, Hungary,Macedonia, etc. EuroTunnel has guards 24/7 checking literally everything etc. Poland has border control again, France same etc. UK does literally everything to stop economic migrants now.

Trump's wall will not stop lets say smugglers, gangstas ( they got the money to buy guards ) but will stop average economic migrant.

Looking at the number of Latinos in US, the migrats are really big issue now. 

And it's a huge success. Basically zero immigrants can come into Hungary now.

I didn't know Austria had built a wall, but they sure were in need of it.

Even the most liberal multikuli loving nation in the world, Sweden would build a wall if needed, but thanks to natural geography around our borders we didn't need to. Mandatory ID checks and allocating policemen at the border (mainly the bridge to Denmark) reduced the immigration wave to my country from 8000/week in last fall to only 500 asylum seekers per week this year. They're all clustered in Germany now lol