By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Diaz and Tate shock Mcgregor and Holm!!!

Diaz or Mcgregor?

Diaz 13 31.71%

Mcgregor 25 60.98%

John Herbdean McCarthy 3 7.32%

Total:41

Edit: So as we can see Tate and Diaz have shook the MMA world.  Both with submissions.  Choking out their opponents. It just shows you how unpredictable MMA and the UFC is.  Both fighters were losing at the time of their submissions. The sport is going from strength to strength I feel.  Especially for the woman.  3 new camps in as many fights.  A golden era of MMA is upon us! 

Original post: Obviously mcgregor is the favorite but could Diaz pull off a holly Holm tomorrow? 

We seen what happened when Sage Northcutt went up from Lightweight to Welterweight against an average opponent.  Now Mcgregor goes from Featherweight to Welterweight against a top guy.  

Part of me thinks a first round KO but another part thinks a Diaz upset is on the card.  

What do you guys think? 

Post fight edit: I definitely was right about a potential upset.  You don't go up 2 weight classes against a top guy and have it easy.  I'm glad I didn't put a bet on mcgregor.  Shit odds for a risky match up.  

Around the Network

I want Diaz to win, but the fight is on such short notice, not sure if he'll pull it off. Maybe if he can get the fight to the ground. He got inside Conor's head though, made him flinch during face-off.

FIT_Gamer said:
I want Diaz to win, but the fight is on such short notice, not sure if he'll pull it off. Maybe if he can get the fight to the ground. He got inside Conor's head though, made him flinch during face-off.

I thought that just showed good reactions.  Plus Dana was pushing him back at the same time.  does it make you a better fighter if you stand still like a punching bag?  

I've a feeling Diaz can pull off a shock but not because of the weigh in.  At the Chad mendes weigh-in people said he got the better of mcgregor and at the aldo to weigh in they said he got inside mcgregors head.  They really don't mean anything and it's a long time since we seen mcgregor so compossed at the weigh ins. 

Go Díaz fck this narcissistic Irish loudmouth!!!!!!!!!

OneKartVita said:

I thought that just showed good reactions.  Plus Dana was pushing him back at the same time.  does it make you a better fighter if you stand still like a punching bag?  

I've a feeling Diaz can pull off a shock but not because of the weigh in.  At the Chad mendes weigh-in people said he got the better of mcgregor and at the aldo to weigh in they said he got inside mcgregors head.  They really don't mean anything and it's a long time since we seen mcgregor so compossed at the weigh ins. 

There was almost 5' inbetween them and Diaz droped his hands when moved forward. Seemed more like he caught Conor off guard, than a defensive reaction. Conor didn't even put his hands up. Either way it was funny. You can hear Conor say "no you just didn't." after he flinches. 

Around the Network
Gannicusjr said:
Go Díaz fck this narcissistic Irish loudmouth!!!!!!!!!

You hate narcissistic loudmouths? Yeah you probably don't know who Diaz is then..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

The only thing going for Díaz is that conor can't get into his head because that would require Díaz to have a brain.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Macgregor all the way, that crackhead will suffer today.

Macgregor? Is that a new type of burger at MCDonald's :-p? Anyway i would bet on Mcgregor, Diaz is a very mediocre fighter and he lost 5 of his last 10 fights.

I thought this was about whos your favorite between Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor...

Most likely Mcgregor but I'm hoping for Diaz. Diaz has surprised me in the past, I thought Jim Miller & Donald Cerrone were both going to win but Diaz beat the shit out of both of them. Even in his last fight, I though Michael Johnson was going to win.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.