By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero - Let's Rock & Roll Trailer / Release Date April 22nd 2016

Goodnightmoon said:

This bossfight looks pretty cool

This game graphics remind me to Wonderfull 101 in some parts, but it looks actually better and I didnt see people saying W101 looked like a GC game :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbm3ylIlFKw

I could tell that the game is gonna be challenging at times. I can't wait to try the hard path :)

Around the Network
Platina said:
So looks like they won't have plans to delay the game on Friday then :p

I hope they do delay it so they can make absolutely certain it's up to snuff.

Goodnightmoon said:

This game graphics remind me to Wonderfull 101 in this part, but it looks actually better and I didnt see people saying W101 looked like a GC game :S

W101 looks way better with tons of particles and 3d models on the screen at the same time. But I must admit that StarFox0 finally made step away from N64 graphics.

Look good, cant wait to try it out.

It really looks like crap for me, and it's not just graphics, the design is poor and uninspired, and that for a shoot is quite a bad thing. Can Nintendo really get away with such a cheap game, mocking fans with so little investment ? I bet they can !

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nem said:

Why is it troubled? It got delayed to add extra polishing. Uncharted 4 got delayed twice, ate we gonna say thats troubled development also? The rumors pointed at other issues related to a multiplayer mode wich is nowhere to be seen. Maybe it referred to project guard because it took the starfox logo now? Thing is, not only there isnt a multyplayer mode as there is no additional delay. So, i'm really gonna say that there eas no truth to the rumor.

Uncharted 4 never had obvious issues and a highly mixed reception on reveal like SFZ did.

Why was the reception mixed? Cause they created motion controls for it? This is a design decision. I don't know how our reaction can mean theres development troubles.

Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:

This game graphics remind me to Wonderfull 101 in this part, but it looks actually better and I didnt see people saying W101 looked like a GC game :S

W101 looks way better with tons of particles and 3d models on the screen at the same time. But I must admit that StarFox0 finally made step away from N64 graphics.

W101 also has very unstable FPS, its going from below 30 to almost 60, such a FPS drops in game are very noticeable, Star Fox Zero works on looked 60 fps on both screens.

Nem said:
curl-6 said:

Uncharted 4 never had obvious issues and a highly mixed reception on reveal like SFZ did.

Why was the reception mixed? Cause they created motion controls for it? This is a design decision. I don't know how our reaction can mean theres development troubles.

SFZ had obvious problems when shown at E3, and was liberally criticized. Then it was delayed. Later it resurfaced with significant changes made. 

The logical explanation is that a harsher than expected reception both set back development and altered its trajectory.

curl-6 said:
Nem said:

SFZ had obvious problems when shown at E3, and was liberally criticized. Then it was delayed. Later it resurfaced with significant changes made. 

The logical explanation is that a harsher than expected reception both set back development and altered its trajectory.

That still sounds like an expectations issue and not development issues. It sure did, but again we are not talking about that delay. we are talking about the rumor that said that the games was going to be delayed again due to development troubles. Development troubles and further polish in the graphics are very different things aswell.

Like No man's sky obviously has development troubles because its been delayed for what 2 years now? But Starfox had one delay wich was said to polish the game aka to adress those graphics complaints. Theres no rumors at this point, everything is pretty clear.

Its the rumor that came a couple of weeks ago that said that there were development troubles with the multiplayer and the game was gonna get delayed that have been totally and utterly debunked. I don't think theres any debating that.

@Nem - Star Fox has had two delays, first from September to December, then December to April. Just saying.