By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to unify PC and Xbox One platforms, ending fixed console hardware

Epic isn't owned by Microsoft, they sold Gears of War to MS after damaging the franchise with GoW: Judgment. Oh and X1 menu is clear, look it up.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Epic isn't owned by Microsoft, they sold Gears of War to MS after damaging the franchise with GoW: Judgment. Oh and X1 menu is clear, look it up.

I Just said that the Actual Ads, were developed like Windows 8's ads, They made 3 High Rated and High apreciated games that was the Gears of War trilogy, They did not sold Gears of war, because was "Crashed", or "Spoiled", They sold because Microsoft, ofered a lot of Money, because Microsoft, was afraid that Gears of War, maybe were Coming to Playstation, and the Franchise is the Xbox's Mark, so they have the Credibility to spoke Un-biased, about Microsoft.

Swordmasterman said:
TheMessiah said:

I like MS is there a problem here?

I dont wish to post in threads with information on a company or product Im not interested in. I dont see the point of trolling someone elses opinion or likes. Your taking things out of context. Especially referring to the Gears on PC thing. Other people have come forward and said in your thread that they have very little problems. The same who posted impressions that I read here on VGC. Ive not been here more than 5 minutes, and really only commented on MS announcement about Upgradeable Xbox Ones and exclusives coming to PC. Of which I like and see no problem of. So why would I need to be negative? I also praised The Last Of Us and Heavy Rain. They arent MS products.

Anyway, life goes on.  

To say the truth, only because you like Some games of a Plataform,  does not means you are biased towards other plataform, we are speaking about Xbox, and PC, coming together, Xbox One, became upgradable, and you bring the Microsoft's Phone market that does not have nothing to do with this, Microsoft, is not going Mobile.......so.

And Microsoft, cannot compete with Apple, on the Phone Market, because they joined the ship too late, Apple, already have a Install Base, the Apple's Phones means Status, Windows Phone, is really Niche, i never saw one  on my Whole life, and because of that, the Apple Store,  Receive a lot of App, and a lot of Games App, Apple Store, receive biggest games than the Android, and most of the times it receive first, even Happy Whells, launched first for IOS, so the 2 have a nice competition on Software's Support, Apple, and Google, and this is something that Microsoft, cannot offer.

Mobile Gaming, is nearly big as Console, and PC Gaming, with Apple, and Android, with the Edge, this make more difficult to Microsoft, for Aproach, same reason because Sony, and Samsung, also failed on this area.

I wasnt talking to you. But for the sake of you trying to cause an arguement, or attempt to pick on me or other people i'll answer.

I simply brought up the fact that MS recently have been doing very well as a company. Outlining how the Surface family has been doing relly well. As well as Windows team doing really well. Both in reception, sales and consumer knowledge. 

Showing simply that MS are a different company now than they were 5 years ago Across the board.

It was relevant to my conversaatin with Svennoj.

My uestion is why are you wading in when there isnt a problem between me and Svennoj?

Please dont actually answer that question. just leave the matter.

Im not answering any questions about the phone market. That is completely irrelevant to the conversation i was having.

Swordmasterman said:
KiigelHeart said:

I Just said that the Actual Ads, were developed like Windows 8's ads, They made 3 High Rated and High apreciated games that was the Gears of War trilogy, They did not sold Gears of war, because was "Crashed", or "Spoiled", They sold because Microsoft, ofered a lot of Money, because Microsoft, was afraid that Gears of War, maybe were Coming to Playstation, and the Franchise is the Xbox's Mark, so they have the Credibility to spoke Un-biased, about Microsoft.

Again, there is not non-gaming related ads on X1 interface, at least not on mine, and pics potatohamster posted are not X1. And you don't need to tell me about Epic and Gears, I'm a huge fan of Gears and I appreciate Epic for the franchise but all the time they showed they were unwilling to listen their fan base and eventually they showed their incompetence with Judgment. It's not surprising MS wanted to buy one of their flagship franchises and have it developed with motivated team. With original devs on board I feel more confident about Gears4 than I would I it was developed by Epic. We'll know soon enough if TC can meet the expectations.

As for that Epic guy voicing his concerns, for me he seems to raise good questions. I'd like to see response from MS too and also opposite opinions from other devs also though.

SvennoJ said:
Well it seems I'm not the only one with an uneasy gut feeling about UWP.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-04-epic-boss-accuses-microsoft-of-trying-to-monopolise-game-development-on-pc

It's the latest attempt at a walled garden. If you want to make use of UWP you have to live with all the restrictions and be tied to the windows 10 store.

It seems the reactions are divided into 2 camps.
A. It's ok, It's what Apple does too with their app store.
B. It sucks, PC was always a open platform.

Now with the recent restrictions on Tombraider and the debacle with Gears I'm leaning to camp B. Especially since I'm not ready to upgrade to Windows 10 and am apparently no longer of interest to MS until I do. Keeping PC games away from me until I cave in.
Unifying PC and XBox One apparently means locking down PC while letting you run XBox One games on more powerful locked down hardware. Basically not providing more hardware choices, but putting a big lock on your own hardware in the form of Windows 10.

I'll adopt my usual wait and see approach. Not in a hurry to upgrade nor shy of games to play.

Not saying one is right or wrong.

But look at it MS point of view. Is it ok for Valve to bypass Windows 10 ( and MS altogether ) by having a Stembox which doesnt run Windows and Steam OS availabe for PC gamers? Valve have already been clear, they dont want to use Windows. So is it ok for Valve to monopolize the PC market ? But not ok for MS to try and use the exclusives to keep PC gamers on Windows?

Around the Network
TheMessiah said:
Swordmasterman said:

To say the truth, only because you like Some games of a Plataform,  does not means you are biased towards other plataform, we are speaking about Xbox, and PC, coming together, Xbox One, became upgradable, and you bring the Microsoft's Phone market that does not have nothing to do with this, Microsoft, is not going Mobile.......so.

And Microsoft, cannot compete with Apple, on the Phone Market, because they joined the ship too late, Apple, already have a Install Base, the Apple's Phones means Status, Windows Phone, is really Niche, i never saw one  on my Whole life, and because of that, the Apple Store,  Receive a lot of App, and a lot of Games App, Apple Store, receive biggest games than the Android, and most of the times it receive first, even Happy Whells, launched first for IOS, so the 2 have a nice competition on Software's Support, Apple, and Google, and this is something that Microsoft, cannot offer.

Mobile Gaming, is nearly big as Console, and PC Gaming, with Apple, and Android, with the Edge, this make more difficult to Microsoft, for Aproach, same reason because Sony, and Samsung, also failed on this area.

I wasnt talking to you. But for the sake of you trying to cause an arguement, or attempt to pick on me or other people i'll answer.

I simply brought up the fact that MS recently have been doing very well as a company. Outlining how the Surface family has been doing relly well. As well as Windows team doing really well. Both in reception, sales and consumer knowledge. 

Showing simply that MS are a different company now than they were 5 years ago Across the board.

My uestion is why are you wading in when there isnt a problem between me and Svennoj?

Im not answering any questions about the phone market. That is completely irrelevant to the conversation i was having.

You made a Off-topic Answer for something that was not on the Table, i think that Anyone on a Forum have the right to Reply someone that is saying something out of topic, Is like I was on a Apple Article and was talking something about the Cartoon Gravit Falls (that is really good).

Or more close to what we are Saying, you  was talking about something about Microsoft, but that is Off-topic, because have nothing to do with the PC Gaming, the Console Gaming, or Xbox-PC, or anything related to the topic, the Topic of this Thread is something like "Why Microsoft is Supporting Both Xbox, and PC, and maybe they will get rid of the Traditional Generation Hardwares, with Upgradable consoles ?", Anything about Microsoft's Gaming, and Computer division, is relevant, but Mobile isn't, you can talk about all the Windows, the Surface, and still on-topic, but when you go to Mobile, Apple, and Google, this begin to run away from the original Topic.

One better Analogy than the previous, is that i'm on a  Playstation's Thread, and only because Sony, owns Aniplex, and Aniplex, owns A1 Pictures, this would give me the Rights to speak about Anime, but this isn't how a Thread works.

When you go off-topic, this push other off-topic comments, and the Off-topic goes on and on, and when you see it, we will be Speaking about Food on a  Xbox/PC Thread.

Swordmasterman said:
TheMessiah said:

You made a Off-topic Answer for something that was not on the Table, i think that Anyone on a Forum have the right to Reply someone that is saying something out of topic, Is like I was on a Apple Article and was talking something about the Cartoon Gravit Falls (that is really good).

Or more close to what we are Saying, you  was talking about something about Microsoft, but that is Off-topic, because have nothing to do with the PC Gaming, the Console Gaming, or Xbox-PC, or anything related to the topic, the Topic of this Thread is something like "Why Microsoft is Supporting Both Xbox, and PC, and maybe they will get rid of the Traditional Generation Hardwares, with Upgradable consoles ?", Anything about Microsoft's Gaming, and Computer division, is relevant, but Mobile isn't, you can talk about all the Windows, the Surface, and still on-topic, but when you go to Mobile, Apple, and Google, this begin to run away from the original Topic.

One better Analogy than the previous, is that i'm on a  Playstation's Thread, and only because Sony, owns Aniplex, and Aniplex, owns A1 Pictures, this would give me the Rights to speak about Anime, but this isn't how a Thread works.

When you go off-topic, this push other off-topic comments, and the Off-topic goes on and on, and when you see it, we will be Speaking about Food on a  Xbox/PC Thread.

Im sorry . I believe a convesation that has spanned quite a few pages is your responsibiity to go back across the WHOLE conversation and read before wading in at the end with accusations.

I wont continue on this. The thread is fast becoming a danger zone.

KiigelHeart said:
Swordmasterman said:

Again, there is not non-gaming related ads on X1 interface, at least not on mine, and pics potatohamster posted are not X1. And you don't need to tell me about Epic and Gears, I'm a huge fan of Gears and I appreciate Epic for the franchise but all the time they showed they were unwilling to listen their fan base and eventually they showed their incompetence with Judgment. It's not surprising MS wanted to buy one of their flagship franchises and have it developed with motivated team. With original devs on board I feel more confident about Gears4 than I would I it was developed by Epic. We'll know soon enough if TC can meet the expectations.

As for that Epic guy voicing his concerns, for me he seems to raise good questions. I'd like to see response from MS too and also opposite opinions from other devs also though.

Epic isn't the Original developers ?, when a franchise have a lot of releases is comum to some tittles to have lower quality than the others, this is comum on Any franchise with multiple titles.

I Saw that Epic, made Gears 1, 2, 3, Developed all the gears game until 2013, and after the aquisition by Microsoft, another company started to make the tittles, but the 3 first was 100% Owned, and Developed by Epic.

Resident Evil, you have Resident Evil 6, on Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XIII, on KillZone, KillZone Shadowfall, on Assassin's Creed, Assassin's creed Unity, and so on.

The way you talk about Epic, seems to make Epic's developer have less Credibility, and seems that Microsoft purchased the Franchise to make it stay High Quality, while the only reason was because the Games had the possibility to Arrive on Playstation, was the beggining of a New generation with Xbox, and Playstation, launching on the same year, so Microsoft was afraid of that, they could have Published and Co-developed the games for Epic, paying for the Development, also moving the Development team, and making deals to make those games stay exclusive, instead of Purchasing the Franchise.

You make it seems that Epic, was the Villain, and Microsoft, was the Good Guy, while neither of the 2 was neither of the 2 options, just Companies taking care of their affairs.

TheMessiah said:
Swordmasterman said:

Im sorry . I believe a convesation that has spanned quite a few pages is your responsibiity to go back across the WHOLE conversation and read before wading in at the end with accusations.

Because you moved too Off-topic, and does not want to face the Truth, and want to Silence people on a Open Forum, only because you replied a Off-topic Reply, and did not wanted to be disturbed.

When you enter on a Thread, you need to be open to speak with everyone, and speak with people that don't have the same oppinion as yours, even the oposite oppinion, Otherwise make your own thread and make the rules for what will be on the Thread.

Swordmasterman said:
TheMessiah said:

Because you moved too Off-topic, and does not want to face the Truth, and want to Silence people on a Open Forum, only because you replied a Off-topic Reply, and did not wanted to be disturbed.

When you enter on a Thread, you need to be open to speak with everyone, and speak with people that don't have the same oppinion as yours, even the oposite oppinion, Otherwise make your own thread and make the rules for what will be on the Thread.

You made an attack on me as a user, without having any previous part or knowledge of an ongoing conversation. What I said was fine in relation to this thread and the conversation I was having.

Your last chance. Just drop it or i'll report you.