By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Feb 15th-21st 2016

Train wreck said:
Unfortunate for Street Fighter 5 (worldwide), hopefully Capcom can right the ship, which I think they will.

Neogaf is reporting that there are shortages for Vita and that the preorders for the Starter Bundle coming in about two weeks is high (even though its limited time only) so I don't see its numbers going down.

PS4 shows no real signs of slowing down either, especially if games like the division have a chance to pad its numbers.

Wii U only sold 6k last year, so even when stock returns to normal, I dont see it that much above current numbers, even with Splatoon.

Maybe Pokken can change things up? 

What did Japan had last year in the same time? MP 10? Xenoblade? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

So including digital AoT does about 170k FW. Much much better than expected after the abysmal Comg showing.

Setsuma also out did what it looked like doing.

Street fighter is bad. Hopefully it has some legs.

Kancolle one of the biggest vita launches.

Vita hardware and ps4 especially are great!

Jranation said:
LOOK AT SPLATOON!!!!

That people is what you call LEGS!
- A NEW IP! (No manga or anime needed before it releases)
- ON A DYING CONSOLE!
- SHOOTER Genre

Hopefully more currently owned Wii U owners in japan will finally realize on what they are missing out!

which is sold for much less than any PS4/PS3 AAA game

Ruler said:
Jranation said:
LOOK AT SPLATOON!!!!

That people is what you call LEGS!
- A NEW IP! (No manga or anime needed before it releases)
- ON A DYING CONSOLE!
- SHOOTER Genre

Hopefully more currently owned Wii U owners in japan will finally realize on what they are missing out!

Excuses. 

Edit: funny cuz nintendo games stay the same price mostly all its life. And Splatoon sold 1.4mil on a 3mil user base. Also explain NoA lol

tag

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ruler said:

Excuses. 

its a fact PS4/PS3 games cost 27% more than the top of the line Wii U games. Splatoon costs 50$ while Attack on Titan costs 69$.

Splatoons total slaes generated 64.2$ million , while Attack on Titan generated 9.9$ Million on day 1. PlayStation would be almost always number 1 if you would calculate every week in Japan when it comes to money.

PSV HW isn't first this week (above the ps4) because of This

already sold out on Amazon (was first for a periode) I will wait for the number of week feb 29- March06

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

I find it impossible to predict Japanese shopping habits. I thought the PS4 would sell at least another 20k more than that. They're still good numbers though.

The PS5 Exists. 

nanzano said:

PSV HW isn't first this week (above the ps4) because of This

already sold out on Amazon (was first for a periode) I will wait for the number of week feb 29- March06

Looking forward to this 

Ruler said:
tbone51 said:

Excuses. 

its a fact PS4/PS3 games cost 27% more than the top of the line Wii U games. Splatoon costs 50$ while Attack on Titan costs 69$.

Splatoons total slaes generated 64.2$ million , while Attack on Titan generated 9.9$ Million on day 1. PlayStation would be almost always number 1 if you would calculate every week in Japan when it comes to money.

No they wouldn't, last time I checked nintendo gets most of the profits. Sony doesn't aka it's third party. 

That said just look at the yearly sales, it's no contest (in terms of profits)