By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Feb 15th-21st 2016

tbone51 said:
Ruler said:

its a fact PS4/PS3 games cost 27% more than the top of the line Wii U games. Splatoon costs 50$ while Attack on Titan costs 69$.

Splatoons total slaes generated 64.2$ million , while Attack on Titan generated 9.9$ Million on day 1. PlayStation would be almost always number 1 if you would calculate every week in Japan when it comes to money.

No they wouldn't, last time I checked nintendo gets most of the profits. Sony doesn't aka it's third party. 

That said just look at the yearly sales, it's no contest (in terms of profits) 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=213326&page=1#

Around the Network
Ruler said:
tbone51 said:

No they wouldn't, last time I checked nintendo gets most of the profits. Sony doesn't aka it's third party. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=213326&page=1#

So we aren't talking Japan anymore or what? Cuz I thought Japanese was the topic here

SpokenTruth said:
tbone51 said:

Don't argue against ruler and his false facts.  It's not worth it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=213301&page=1

Well now, at this rate we might just get an announcement that SF% is coming to Xb one after all. Not that Japan sales would be any good on Xb one, but if the game underperforms by a lot, which seems to be likely, there might be some rethinking about the exclusivity. Heck, even Sony will want to get a return on the investment, which they may not be seeing with hardware sales. Dumb move to release an incomplete game regardless of whether people think it's a reasonable thing to do given the DLC to make the game complete will be free. maybe the game will see a pick up in sales when the free DLC is released, but I doubt it will sell anything like previous iterations.

Also, Wii U below 4K? What the hell Nintendo, sort out your supply.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

SuperNova said:

Street Fighter V did terribly, but after hearing about it from Agry Joe and Jim Sterling that is somewhat justified in this case.

I'll join the general shrugging at Kan Colles performance. It did ok I guess.

Playstation is dominating the market these days and nintendo needs to get on that WiiU shipment. Splatoon would probably do above 10k again if there were any wiiUs to buy. The Pokken bundle shoots up Amazon.jp whenever it's available and goes out of stock again soon after. You made people finally want this thing in decent enough numbers Nintendo, now deliver please.

Previous game didn't sell a lot in japan either...

Around the Network

I'm happy to see PS4's version of Attack on Titan doing so well (it's virtually tied with Vita's)! I hope this keep encouraging japanese developers to tackle it more.

Splatoon's legs are amazing as well, especially during this Wii U support problem. DQBuilders... not so much (considering it released recently).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

At least Ryu didn't bomb hard am I right? Thank God he is on 3 platform s this gen :p

This week's releases {2016.02.25}

[PS4] [PS3] [PSV] Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.100)

[3DS] Mega Man Legacy Collection # <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.990)

[PSV] Yuusha Shisu. <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥5.980)

[PS3] TV Anime Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls G4U! Pack Vol.9 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥9.980)

[XB1] Raiden V <STG> (Moss) (¥7.400)

[PSV] Shitsuji ga Aruji o Erabu Toki # <ADV> (Technical Group Laboratory) (¥4.980)

[PSV] Diabolik Lovers: Lunatic Parade # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)

[PSV] Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm # <ADV> (Sprite) (¥6.800)

SF5....OHWELL

horuhe said:
This week's releases {2016.02.25}

[PS3] TV Anime Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls G4U! Pack Vol.9 (Bandai Namco Games) (¥9.980)

Cover-ception?