By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What do you think of far right/lefties?

Do you approve of far left/righties?

I approve both 1 1.41%

I only approve far righties 9 12.68%

I only approve far lefties 11 15.49%

They both suck 50 70.42%

Total:71

They make each party look bad and both extremes are unwilling to compromise on anything. I rather both parties work towards making america better instead of focusing on their agendas or on minorities over the rest of the country.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Mummelmann said:
Not a fan of either; which makes it a bit of a bother to live in a country that is extremely polarized.

Do you happen to live in America?

At least America has a good amount of moderates. Europe is slowly gaining more and more far lefties. Censorship and Political Correctness is haunting the European countries

It is funny that in Europe we hear all the time far right is popular see for example France but probably is moderate in US. Personally if we talk about average politicans/moderate I feel a good well know example is the prime minister of Canada. Difficult to find a bad word about him.

Mummelmann said:
hershel_layton said:

At least America has a good amount of moderates. Europe is slowly gaining more and more far lefties. Censorship and Political Correctness is haunting the European countries

I come from Norway but I live in Sweden. The debate climate is unforgiving and lacks any kind of nuance. A friend of mine said the other day at work; "So, I walk into the paint store to get some colors for my new appartment, the clerk asks me; "Do you want black or white?"

Lmao That clerk is savage

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of either. But if I were to choose, I'd choose far left. I cannot and will not ever align myself with some of the views expressed by the far right. Never.

They have poor reasoning and evaluation skills. Extreme right-wing are very inward looking. Extreme left wing are idealistic to an unrealistic level. Reality is in the very unglamorous grey area that exists in the middle but is nowhere near as sexy.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

What is considered extreme is a pretty wide definition, depending on what country you come from. I don´t like extremists on either side, who seem to be not to keen on democracy, either politically or through violence. They are actually pretty Close to each other, only with different points of origin.

But I think that the society I come from would be considered extreme by many Americans and a lot of American policies are extreme in many Swedish eyes, so It´s very much a perspective issue.

I have no opinion on either since I stay away from politics. However my gf made me take this politcal quiz thingy and it told me based off of my answers I was very liberal

I think what the far left thinks is far right is actual central or at most moderate right.

Mummelmann said:
hershel_layton said:

I come from Norway but I live in Sweden. The debate climate is unforgiving and lacks any kind of nuance. A friend of mine said the other day at work; "So, I walk into the paint store to get some colors for my new appartment, the clerk asks me; "Do you want black or white?"

I think pretty much everyone can agree Sweden is fucking insane.Even Norway PM is saying Sweden will collapse soon over the insanity of its policies : http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-24/norway-warns-sweden-will-collapse-pm-will-defy-geneva-convention-protect-border

I generally think (and this is from the states - where most people are right) you have the people that want to keep the ruling class in power and everyone else under their control. Or the people that realize most jobs aren't going to be needed as computers and automation take over and they are trying to ease into a 'Star Trek' like transmission.

The others want Logan's Run (and in the book everyone dies at 21. - would you still be alive?)

PS Sure, some extremes are just silly in general, but I tend to fight the right ones most ridiculous.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!