By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Ke$ha loses bid to void Sony contract over alleged rape

mornelithe said:
curl-6 said:

The legal proceedings began late last year, the judge gave his verdict this Friday, that she would not be released from contract.

There's a massive online wave of petitions/hashtags and the like calling for the verdict to be overthrown though. I've seen #SonySupportsRapists posted more than once.

Humanity often disgusts me these days.  Due process and the Courts may not always get it right, but it's by far the best system humanity has devised for dealing with grievances/crimes.  History is paved in the blood of the wrongfully accused.  These shitty crybullies have no concept of what mobs are capable of.

"Ignorance of each other is what has made unity impossible in the past. Therefore we need enlightenment. We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity. Once we have more knowledge (light) about each other, we will stop condemning each other and a United front will be brought about." ~Malcolm X

I put this quote because it really points out the mistake of so-called justice fighters(LGBTQ+, BLM, Feminism, etc.). It seems as though they only want the good to happen to them. They are doing everything we shouldn't have done in the past. 

I don't see how people can be so stupid. Are emotions that powerful? Never have feelings affected my rationality like them. Is it so hard to use facts and evidence to prove your point? 

They have nothing to support their assertions. All they have is a large group of "peaceful" people that promote death to anyone that hurts their dumbass feelings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
mornelithe said:

Humanity often disgusts me these days.  Due process and the Courts may not always get it right, but it's by far the best system humanity has devised for dealing with grievances/crimes.  History is paved in the blood of the wrongfully accused.  These shitty crybullies have no concept of what mobs are capable of.

"Ignorance of each other is what has made unity impossible in the past. Therefore we need enlightenment. We need more light about each other. Light creates understanding, understanding creates love, love creates patience, and patience creates unity. Once we have more knowledge (light) about each other, we will stop condemning each other and a United front will be brought about." ~Malcolm X

I put this quote because it really points out the mistake of so-called justice fighters(LGBTQ+, BLM, Feminism, etc.). It seems as though they only want the good to happen to them. They are doing everything we shouldn't have done in the past. 

I don't see how people can be so stupid. Are emotions that powerful? Never have feelings affected my rationality like them. Is it so hard to use facts and evidence to prove your point? 

They have nothing to support their assertions. All they have is a large group of "peaceful" people that promote death to anyone that hurts their dumbass feelings.

What a wonderful generalization you made there. Guess I shouldn't challenge you because that would make an evil "justice fighter". If feelings don't affect your rationality, they shouldn't affect anyone else's either. Great mentality right there. Wish more people would stop fighting and accept discrimination, sexualr harassment, rape, and all other kinds of abuse.

A better world I tell ya.

naruball said:
hershel_layton said:

What a wonderful generalization you made there. Guess I shouldn't challenge you because that would make an evil "justice fighter". If feelings don't affect your rationality, they shouldn't affect anyone else's either. Great mentality right there. Wish more people would stop fighting and accept discrimination, sexualr harassment, rape, and all other kinds of abuse.

A better world I tell ya.

Not really. I do talk with feminists and the like often, but they usually end up with me being attacked by 10+ people, so I choose to stop.

Look, I supported the organizations I pointed out for a decent amount of time. The original idea itself is great- let blacks, gays, and women have more rights. Never said I'm against those ideas.

The only problem I had with those groups(which resulted into me leaving them) is the people. Many of them forgot the original goal of their group, getting off track and making the organization go downhill.

Concerning your last statement, that's a strange way to explain what I said. Feelings impact all of us. from women to stone-hearted men, feelings will shape our ideas in some shape or form. Never said I'm against any type of feelings. What I have a problem with is people who choose feelings over factual information

As long as emotions don't get in the way of the information, then that's great. I want to solve discrimination and other issues, but it's difficult when people keep bringing their personal viewpoints without any evidence/info to back it up.

Also, I'm fine talking with you if you'd really like. As I said, as long as I don't get into a conversation with a bunch of people attacking me, I'll have a chat. I usually don't use insults or immature jokes, so if you really want a conversation about our different viewpoints, then just give me the greenlight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

mornelithe said:
Azuren said:

Like Osama, right? No, the guys who would have hypothetically caught Hitler would have likely killed him on sight. He wouldn't have made it. As for terrorists, if that were true we wouldn't have had G-bay.

And actually, picketing funerals IS a crime in many parts of the US and UK now due ENTIRELY to WBC. Even the KKK has disassociated themselves from WBC. They're too hateful for the KKK.

Yeah, I meant to put that in there.  The trial of Hitler (And Bin Laden) would've depended entirely upon taking them alive not many terrorists live to get that chance.   As far as G-Bay is concerned, I believe they are tried via military tribunal, not via a jury of their peers, which has been a subject of controversy in America (and worldwide, for that matter).

I wasn't aware picketing funerals had been deemed illegal.  Though, it's not entirely 100% illegal, there are restrictions upon where they can be (300 feet away from grieving family members), and when they can picket (cannot picket 2 hours before or after the funeral).  But, they're still allowed to protest/picket.  

There are regulations on it most everywhere, but there are a handful of places that have straight up said "No."

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, I meant to put that in there.  The trial of Hitler (And Bin Laden) would've depended entirely upon taking them alive not many terrorists live to get that chance.   As far as G-Bay is concerned, I believe they are tried via military tribunal, not via a jury of their peers, which has been a subject of controversy in America (and worldwide, for that matter).

I wasn't aware picketing funerals had been deemed illegal.  Though, it's not entirely 100% illegal, there are restrictions upon where they can be (300 feet away from grieving family members), and when they can picket (cannot picket 2 hours before or after the funeral).  But, they're still allowed to protest/picket.  

There are regulations on it most everywhere, but there are a handful of places that have straight up said "No."

Interesting, must mean it's a State by State thing (for the straight up 'No'), I'm curious to see if that'd withstand a Constitutional challenge.  

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I'm glad you put "alleged" in the title. Not that I have any opinion one way or the other on what actually happens, but given the #Sonysupportrape stuff I've been seeing all day, it makes a nice change to see someone understand the concept of innocent until proven guilty. It's incredible how he's getting lynched by people at the moment. If he did it he did it and deserves to go away for it but an accusation doesn't make a criminal.

But such is the world these days I guess where Twitter allows everyone to broadcast their thoughts all day.

Yeah, I made a very conscious decision to word it that way. As I've said, a pet peeve of mine is the lynch mob mentality that sees people dismiss due process in favour of a trial-by-social-media frenzy. 

It's a highly emotive topic, I get that, but the system we have, however imperfect, exists for a reason. History shows us just how dangerous mob rule can be.

The internet is extremely toxic to those who abstain from supporting Kesha at them moment. To the point that saying "we dunno enough facts" will get you flamed by the feminazis.

mornelithe said:
Part of the problem, I imagine, is that she already swore under oath that no rape had occurred.

"Kesha once testified under oath that the alleged date rape at the center of her new lawsuit against Dr. Luke never took place — but her lawyer claims she was simply too scared to sing."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/kesha-denied-date-rape-dr-luke-back-2011-article-1.1982546

Ultimately, the problem is evidence. She may have some, but none were produced during the hearing. However, they have her on record as denying the incident took place, under oath. Sworn testimony is given quite a bit of deference by the Court, and that gives the Judge virtually no options. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but, you can't really blame the Judge here. An allegation of something, does not mean guilt (no matter how much people think it's 'right' to suspend due process for allegations of sexual assault/rape)

Sony also said that she could work with other management while her contract w/ her current manager is in effect. Not sure why that wouldn't work out for her while she figures out how to proceed with dumping her contract w/ her manager.

Agreed there just isn't enough to really prove it happened. The bolded part is the most important part of your post. I'm positive it's the mindset of a lot of her fans and people angry with Sony. Anyone looking at this logically can certalinly understand why Sony wont release her.