Forums - Music Discussion - Ke$ha loses bid to void Sony contract over alleged rape

mornelithe said:
hershel_layton said:

Hilarious honestly. She's not even asking for much. A simple request to leave. 

 

If she demanded millions, then I'd start by questioning her at first.

Technically, if she were to nullify the contract, you are talking about millions.  It's not like she's a smalltime artist or anything.  The money she'd owe her manager would be substantial.

How many years left?

also, hasn't this been going on for a while? I recall seeing this months ago



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
mornelithe said:

Technically, if she were to nullify the contract, you are talking about millions.  It's not like she's a smalltime artist or anything.  The money she'd owe her manager would be substantial.

How many years left?

also, hasn't this been going on for a while? I recall seeing this months ago

The legal proceedings began late last year, the judge gave his verdict this Friday, that she would not be released from contract.

There's a massive online wave of petitions/hashtags and the like calling for the verdict to be overthrown though. I've seen #SonySupportsRapists posted more than once.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
hershel_layton said:

How many years left?

also, hasn't this been going on for a while? I recall seeing this months ago

The legal proceedings began late last year, the judge gave his verdict this Friday, that she would not be released from contract.

There's a massive online wave of petitions/hashtags and the like calling for the verdict to be overthrown though. I've seen #SonySupportsRapists posted more than once.

Is there any concrete evidence supporting her claim?



 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
mornelithe said:

Technically, if she were to nullify the contract, you are talking about millions.  It's not like she's a smalltime artist or anything.  The money she'd owe her manager would be substantial.

How many years left?

also, hasn't this been going on for a while? I recall seeing this months ago

No idea, and no idea.  Tbh, it's the first I've heard of it, just happened to see some people commenting on it on twitter and saw the links and got curious.



curl-6 said:
hershel_layton said:

How many years left?

also, hasn't this been going on for a while? I recall seeing this months ago

The legal proceedings began late last year, the judge gave his verdict this Friday, that she would not be released from contract.

There's a massive online wave of petitions/hashtags and the like calling for the verdict to be overthrown though. I've seen #SonySupportsRapists posted more than once.

Humanity often disgusts me these days.  Due process and the Courts may not always get it right, but it's by far the best system humanity has devised for dealing with grievances/crimes.  History is paved in the blood of the wrongfully accused.  These shitty crybullies have no concept of what mobs are capable of.



Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
curl-6 said:

The legal proceedings began late last year, the judge gave his verdict this Friday, that she would not be released from contract.

There's a massive online wave of petitions/hashtags and the like calling for the verdict to be overthrown though. I've seen #SonySupportsRapists posted more than once.

Is there any concrete evidence supporting her claim?

So far as I know, it's her word against his. The alleged event took place a decade ago, making physical proof something of an impossibility. Her producer has not been convicted, or indeed even charged at this time.

But rape is one of those crimes where many people automatically assume guilt. Like pedophilia, it's highly emotive and provokes a gut reaction that can overwhelm rational discussion.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

mornelithe said:

Humanity often disgusts me these days.  Due process and the Courts may not always get it right, but it's by far the best system humanity has devised for dealing with grievances/crimes.  History is paved in the blood of the wrongfully accused.  These shitty crybullies have no concept of what mobs are capable of.

They disgust me, as well. We run on an "innoncent until proven guilty" system, but these people run on a "guilty until proven innocent" mentality. Patrick Kane got falsely accused for raping a woman, but even after it was proven that the incident didn't happen, people repeatedly shouted "She said no" during games.



I feel bad for her. Even though her style of music isn't my type, she's had a decent number of hits. Which makes me wonder why she would throw her career away if what she is claiming isn't true.



Aura7541 said:
mornelithe said:

Humanity often disgusts me these days.  Due process and the Courts may not always get it right, but it's by far the best system humanity has devised for dealing with grievances/crimes.  History is paved in the blood of the wrongfully accused.  These shitty crybullies have no concept of what mobs are capable of.

They disgust me, as well. We run on an "innoncent until proven guilty" system, but these people run on a "guilty until proven innocent" mentality. Patrick Kane got falsely accused for raping a woman, but even after it was proven that the incident didn't happen, people repeatedly shouted "She said no" during games.

The false rape accusations are a heinous crime, in my opinion.  They absolutely destroy the accused and falsely accused alike, and they make sure of it by going after every single avenue of social interaction, work, school, etc...  Our Government's have not yet figured out how to deal with social media mobs, but I have a feeling we will end up seeing legislation that holds individuals who incite such mobs accountable.  Much like inciting mobs offline, the damages these cause are no less severe, and permanent.  And I think due to the attempts to redefine what exactly is rape (Waking up the next day and regretting the choice you made, is not rape), we may even need to see some kind of penalties for those who are proven to have lied about it.  Jackie (Funny, we still don't know her name, even though the mountains of evidence tell us she made up the gang rape to try and get someone she was interested in to pay attention to her), from UVA, and Emma Sulkowicz are prime examples of two people who deserve severe jail time.

The other thing is when they redefine rape like this, and then it goes to the courts who overturn it.  It impacts actual victims of sexual violence, because it creates an atmosphere of mistrust, as well as making actual victims feel as if they could never get justice.  So, there are widespread consequences of what's happening here, and it really breaks my heart to think that an actual victim would remain silent.



If her music wasn't so trashy and if she didn't look like just a spoiled-brat mess, I would be inclined to believe her. Has Dr. Luke ever been accused of this kind of behavior before? That would at least give her some validity.



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian