By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did I misunderstand the term "fan service" all along?

Fan service is literally anything done for fans. It can be references, or it can be boobs. Anything meant to pander to the intended audience is fan service.

Around the Network

Can you be more specific? Not a joke, genuinely curious who is whoring out what.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

#WeWantFapServiceInFireEmblemFates

Fan service = Sex

Fan service is anything whose main purpose is something "nice" for the fans. Like most things in videogames/movies/any other media, it can be done tastefully or not tastefully.

Around the Network

Its basically like the word/term "GEN"
- Theres people who classify which console is in which Gen by the TIME it released
- Or theres people who classify it by how "Powerful" it is by comparing it to the other competitors.

And about the Fates thing. Tbh, I think the issue will go down once the game releases for all regions. People will start making threads on which best skills/classes to use and which Pairings the characters should go with. And its not like theres NO MORE SEXUAL FANSERVICE IN THE GAME! You can still touch them, and see them inside the Bath House.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RolStoppable said:
homer said:
Can you be more specific? Not a joke, genuinely curious who is whoring out what.

Well, the most recent issue is the removal of bikinis from Fire Emblem Fates which was a feature in the Japanese version. Some said that that stuff should have stayed in because it's fan service, so I wondered if the term really meant what I thought it meant.

I've always wondered how lonely you have to be to want to fuck a cartoon. Maybe BasilZero, Mike321, and LuckyTrouble could tell us since they seem to enjoy the company of pixels.

The user was warned for this post - VXIII

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
RolStoppable said:

Well, the most recent issue is the removal of bikinis from Fire Emblem Fates which was a feature in the Japanese version. Some said that that stuff should have stayed in because it's fan service, so I wondered if the term really meant what I thought it meant.

I've always wondered how lonely you have to be to want to fuck a cartoon. Maybe BasilZero, Mike321, and LuckyTrouble could tell us since they seem to enjoy the company of pixels.

homer said:

For... reasearch...

LuckyTrouble said:
Fan service is literally anything done for fans. It can be references, or it can be boobs. Anything meant to pander to the intended audience is fan service.

Seriously, though. This.