By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

Swordmasterman said:
AnthonyW86 said:

It will harm Xbox One sales, but i think this is a step towards the future. There has been a lot of critisism by investors towards the Xbox and there is a good chance of dedicated gaming hardware dissapearing in the long tun, and gaming becoming service/stream based. I think this is a logical step towards that future. Besides PS4 is clearly set to dominate this generation, even in the U.S. Xbox One is starting to fall behind.

So you want to say that Killing the Consoles, the ones that give the most Money for Triple A Games, only because Xbox One, is not selling, is Something good for the "Industry" ?, is like the DRM, on consoles, is a Anti-costumer pratice, Sending their exclusives for PC, will only make Xbox One, appears weak, if they did not do well on PC, and did not get the PC Sales from Steam, they will not be able to go back for the Console Market (that will still grown, despite how much the PC Market, also will grown), because no one will have faith, or confidence on Microsoft.

They are giving Windows for Free, so what is the point in all of this ?, and why do someone would upgrade their OS, just for Gaming ?, this is less than 1% of the Windows Users.

Consoles will never die, this is a Move that will kill your console, and all the Markets can exist, without one go away, Consoles can exist, in the same world as PC, but you will make your console sell less, Sending your First Party games for PC.

Where did i say it's good for the industry? It's just a logical step for Microsoft. There is no point in competing for the traditional console market, PS4 has that locked down now. They might aswell try a different approach, and combine their platforms. It's a whole lot better than money hatting exclusive that's for sure. And if they manage to make every game you purchase cross buy it also finally makes buying digital somewhat interesting.

And who knows what Nintendo will bring to the table, it might be something different to. So then we would have three different different gaming platforms, instead of just console A,B and C with a few different exclusive games. And yes that would be good for the industry actually because it's the only way more than two dedicated platforms can survive in this market.

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lol they want me to sell my xbox and make a rig don't they? Lol

Dude, if you have the money, I say go for it. PC gaming beats the hell out of console gaming, imo.

Though, if you're not gonna buy a system which doubles the XBone in performance, it's not worth it.  Also might not be worth it if you cant find room to fit a PC in your entertainment center.

OT: I'd be surprised if Forza comes to PC, but I am expecting Gears 4. It would be a real dick move to get PC gamers' hopes up with the Gears remake only to make Gears 4 a console exclusive.

Gears 1 was on PC and no others though right? I know no one who has a gaming PC. I read about it a lot but never see or hear anyone around me talk about or have one.

Lol. As Dj Khaled would say: They don't want you to buy an Xbox One.

I love how people who clearly don't want to be happy about any news involving Xbox or PS4 or whatever console can always interpret good news to be bad news so they can remain unhappy.

Microsoft retains exclusivity of games:

"Ugh moar 900p garbage. Why does Microsoft have to lock down games I want to play on their crappy console?"

Microsoft opens games up to Windows PC's:

"Man. What's the point of even buying an Xbox One? What a stupid move for them to do."

It's like the idea that some people don't want to shell out 800+ on a gaming PC to play games at a decent resolution/framerate doesn't register with them. This is an option for those gamers who are willing to pay for expensive PC's and don't like playing on Peasantbox One or whatever pejorative the master race wants to give the Xbox One.

jason1637 said:

They dont really need to pay devs because they can just make a deal with steam that games on steam have to be on xb1 or devs have the option to port steam games to xb1. Also like ive said already many pc games work with the xb1 controller.

Edit- Even if they would have to get permission from devs it wouldn't be that hard because the game would essential sell better overall.

Some games do and deals are made with money, not exactly charitable ones.

Game selling better overall is questionable with the instlal base and adopt rates though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
jason1637 said:

They dont really need to pay devs because they can just make a deal with steam that games on steam have to be on xb1 or devs have the option to port steam games to xb1. Also like ive said already many pc games work with the xb1 controller.

Edit- Even if they would have to get permission from devs it wouldn't be that hard because the game would essential sell better overall.

Some games do and deals are made with money, not exactly charitable ones.

Game selling better overall is questionable with the instlal base and adopt rates though.

Well MS has made bc deals so this shouldnt be much harder.

Well games will sell better. Lets say an indie game launches and sells 20k first week on pc. Then they bring it to xb1 without spending much. because xb1 uses dx12 and it sells lik3 5k thats still making money without spending much.

25 february they have their gaming event I expect a lot of news about their pc gaming plans.

AnthonyW86 said:
Swordmasterman said:

So you want to say that Killing the Consoles, the ones that give the most Money for Triple A Games, only because Xbox One, is not selling, is Something good for the "Industry" ?, is like the DRM, on consoles, is a Anti-costumer pratice, Sending their exclusives for PC, will only make Xbox One, appears weak, if they did not do well on PC, and did not get the PC Sales from Steam, they will not be able to go back for the Console Market (that will still grown, despite how much the PC Market, also will grown), because no one will have faith, or confidence on Microsoft.

They are giving Windows for Free, so what is the point in all of this ?, and why do someone would upgrade their OS, just for Gaming ?, this is less than 1% of the Windows Users.

Consoles will never die, this is a Move that will kill your console, and all the Markets can exist, without one go away, Consoles can exist, in the same world as PC, but you will make your console sell less, Sending your First Party games for PC.

Where did i say it's good for the industry? It's just a logical step for Microsoft. There is no point in competing for the traditional console market, PS4 has that locked down now. They might aswell try a different approach, and combine their platforms. It's a whole lot better than money hatting exclusive that's for sure. And if they manage to make every game you purchase cross buy it also finally makes buying digital somewhat interesting.

And who knows what Nintendo will bring to the table, it might be something different to. So then we would have three different different gaming platforms, instead of just console A,B and C with a few different exclusive games. And yes that would be good for the industry actually because it's the only way more than two dedicated platforms can survive in this market.

"Money Hatting exclusive" you mean they purchasing things like Rise of Tomb Raider's timed deal ?, this was a bad move, If they had at least tried to make their Own exclusives, and try to take the ground back from Playstation, maybe Next Generation, they would do better with sales, but now they have destroyed any chances to  sell something on the next generation.

They did not even tried to make Exclusives and to push Xbox One's hardware, Quantum Break, ScaleBound, Gears of War 4, if all of those floped, so there would be a reason to go for PC, but without even leting those games sell Hardware, is Killing the console before the time, before even try pushing it.

If this is true it signals a seismic shift in MS' gaming policies. In fact I would argue it shows they are considering getting rid of XBOX.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

TheGamer95 said:

Lol. As Dj Khaled would say: They don't want you to buy an Xbox One.

You is smart.