By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

I guess M$ wants the XBO to be a "W10 machine" just like the Steam machines, but with Windows 10.

Around the Network

An interesting move. It would mean more sales but you have to think about how it will undercut X1 sales in the process, so perhaps Microsoft feels porting it to PC will outweigh less X1 sales.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

zero129 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Im not in the mood for debate so let me just wrap it up.

Everything is important. Overall library, price, marketing, etc.

Im not gonna argue whats most important, it all is. You like arguing, sometimes I think you say things for the sake of arguing.

There are many examples of sales going up when ________ happened.

its kinda one of the reasons why i stopped replying to him too. Its like he totally misses your points, goes off about things you didnt say and brings other stuff into it and even when you explain things he still repeats and misses your points.

This was funny from him "PC Gaming wasnt a thing when call of duty started" ROTFL!!. Seems like he doesnt notice Call of Duty started on PC and also doesnt notice PC made the FPS genre YEARS! before Call of duty ever even launched on PC lol.

You don't reply for me because you don't have word for Argue ?, Exclusives aways, was, is, and will be, the most important thing to sell a Console, you can create anything you want, if you don't have the public for it, so is Useless.

How much Doom, and Wolfeinstain, sold when launched ?, Doom 1, sold over 1.5 Millions of Units (until 2000), and Doom 2, over 1.8 Millions of units (until 2000), Wolfenstein, in 1 Year and 7 months, only sold 100 Thousands of Units, Quake, needed Quake 1 + Quake 2 + Quake 3 + Quake 4 + Spin-off Quake, to achieve the sales of 4 Millions, and you guys says that is a Tremendous Sucess ?, is not a sucess, not even close compared to the Consoles Best Seller, as i Said, if you have 10 Millions of Players, and sell 4 Millions of units, with 5 games is a big Sucess, but if you have 200 Millions of Players, and sell 3 Millions of units with a game, is just normal, but this does not means that the "Great Sucess" from the small market, is bigger, than a failure of the Big Market.

They can have created the Genre, but they are nowhere popular as you think.

And i need to Remember the Top Sellers of the 90's on consoles ?, Metal Gear Solid, over 7 Millions, Tekken 3, 8-9 Millions, Resident Evil, 9 Millions, Final Fantasy 7, over 10 Millions, Gran Turismo, over 11 Millions, Mario, still sold Multiple Millions of units with all the franchises, Pokemon, sold Dozens, and Dozens, of Millions with just 1 Tittle.

Even on PC, had more popular tittles.

We are talking that the Shooter Games, were Created on Pc, And because of that the games would have to sell better on PC, and the guy with the Dog Photo, was arguing saying that don't sell more on PC, because the people prefer "Plug & Play", when i'm saying, that the genre never was so popular on PC, and that Triple A games, don't sell well on PC, because this format does not work with the Plataform, people purchase consoles for Exclusives, and for Next Gen Games.

The Sims, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Cross-fire, are much more popular than any Triple A Game on pc, and the PC, will never have a triple A game, even close of geting those numbers, but if the Consoles, had not any exclusive, the people from Consoles would move for PC, the games would be Focused on what is Selling on PC, and would be much hard to get Triple A Games, din't you saw how Sega, Konami, Square, were changing for Mobile, and Panchiko, on the first opportunity ?, Consoles without exclusives would kill the industry.

lambda

Things were quite different when Wolfenstein 3D and Doom launched..I remember everyone and their mothers had those games and played them on PC but no-one had actually bought them...

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Things were quite different when Wolfenstein 3D and Doom launched..I remember everyone and their mothers had those games and played them on PC but no-one had actually bought them...

Every single person that i know, had all the PS1, and PS2, games from Piracy, never had one single original disc, to say the Truth, those Original Discs were Legends, because we only heard about them, but really din't saw a single one, Piracy, is out of Contest, the Consoles also Had a lot of Piracy.

and All the Shooters on PC, did not had a Blockbuster sucess compared to the consoles, had really a modest sucess for a game, the Games are average 1 Million Seller, the Playstation 1, the best selling console of the Generation, and with the Easiest for piracy, because of the CD Format, had over 112, 1 Million Seller, even with Piracy.

I'm just saying that PC Gaming, was not a thing back to the 90s, Today the thing is much bigger, Games recent launched like The Witcher 3's PC Version, out-selling any Doom Game on PC, PC Gaming, is bigger now, yes they can have created the genre, but without the Crowd of the Consoles, the genre would not became so Popular, Call of Duty's Franchise, sold much more than 200 Millions just on Consoles, so Saying that PC Gaming, was bigger like Nowdays, on the old days of the 90s, is something really ridiculous.

Skyrim's PC Version, sold more on Steam, tham Doom 1 + Doom 2 + Quake + Quake 2 + Quake 3 + Quake 4 + Quake Spin-off + Wolfenstein + Duken Nukem 3D, Combined.

So how the PC Gaming, was so big on the 90s ?, i cannot understand, of course had a big growth, but was not so big back then.

How many PC gamers there were compared to console gamers? Back in a day I mean

KiigelHeart said:
How many PC gamers there were compared to console gamers? Back in a day I mean

Is what i'm was saying, that the PC Gaming, was not so big back to when Triple A Games born,  just made good games, but not so popular than the console games.

Even Nowdays, if you make a Triple A Game, for PC, and not for Consoles, you budget will be very small, but the game is only on consoles, and not on PC, will still have the enought Budget, and will make a lot of profit, just on Consoles.

The Triple A Market, cannot auto-sustain without the console Market, even Gabe Newel, the owner of Steam, make their games for Consoles.

Without the consoles, the Triple A Market, is dead, my point is that when Call of Duty Black Ops, first launched on the late 2000s, the PC Gaming, was stillgrowing, and the majority of the fans were Console Gamers, that chose a console also for Exclusives, and that just the Call of Duty Franchise, have 15-20 Millions of Loyal fans that will purchase the game for every entry, does not means that the majority of the gamers play Call of Duty.

Same for Fifa, have a loyal fanbase of over 7-10 Millions, that aways purchase the next entry, those guys, majority are not new players, are loyal for the Franchise, otherwise, those Year, per Year Franchises, would not sell this much.

zero129 said:
Swordmasterman said:

You don't reply for me because you don't have word for Argue ?, Exclusives aways, was, is, and will be, the most important thing to sell a Console, you can create anything you want, if you don't have the public for it, so is Useless.

How much Doom, and Wolfeinstain, sold when launched ?, Doom 1, sold over 1.5 Millions of Units (until 2000), and Doom 2, over 1.8 Millions of units (until 2000), Wolfenstein, in 1 Year and 7 months, only sold 100 Thousands of Units, Quake, needed Quake 1 + Quake 2 + Quake 3 + Quake 4 + Spin-off Quake, to achieve the sales of 4 Millions, and you guys says that is a Tremendous Sucess ?, is not a sucess, not even close compared to the Consoles Best Seller, as i Said, if you have 10 Millions of Players, and sell 4 Millions of units, with 5 games is a big Sucess, but if you have 200 Millions of Players, and sell 3 Millions of units with a game, is just normal, but this does not means that the "Great Sucess" from the small market, is bigger, than a failure of the Big Market.

They can have created the Genre, but they are nowhere popular as you think.

And i need to Remember the Top Sellers of the 90's on consoles ?, Metal Gear Solid, over 7 Millions, Tekken 3, 8-9 Millions, Resident Evil, 9 Millions, Final Fantasy 7, over 10 Millions, Gran Turismo, over 11 Millions, Mario, still sold Multiple Millions of units with all the franchises, Pokemon, sold Dozens, and Dozens, of Millions with just 1 Tittle.

Even on PC, had more popular tittles.

We are talking that the Shooter Games, were Created on Pc, And because of that the games would have to sell better on PC, and the guy with the Dog Photo, was arguing saying that don't sell more on PC, because the people prefer "Plug & Play", when i'm saying, that the genre never was so popular on PC, and that Triple A games, don't sell well on PC, because this format does not work with the Plataform, people purchase consoles for Exclusives, and for Next Gen Games.

The Sims, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Cross-fire, are much more popular than any Triple A Game on pc, and the PC, will never have a triple A game, even close of geting those numbers, but if the Consoles, had not any exclusive, the people from Consoles would move for PC, the games would be Focused on what is Selling on PC, and would be much hard to get Triple A Games, din't you saw how Sega, Konami, Square, were changing for Mobile, and Panchiko, on the first opportunity ?, Consoles without exclusives would kill the industry.

No i dont reply to most of your posts cos you twist things, try making it look like people are saying something completely different then what they are saying, and then try using alot of mis facts to get your say in.

I mean now you're even trying to discredit the games that started the FPS Genre and make it look like it was consoles that "Really" started it...

And like i said before and this is the last time. No one is saying that exclusives dont move hardware but the is also more to it. For instance i know some people who own a PS4 but all they play on it are 3rd party games, CoD, GTA, Fifa and dont touch any of Sony's exclusives cos the only genres they are into are FPS Open world driving games like gta and football. And you are kidding yourself if you dont think the is many more gamers like this.

But that is not me saying that exclusives dont make a person buy a system, since i only buy systems for exclusives and play all my 3rd party games on PC. But thats cos im a PC gamer and its not as black and white as you try to make it out to be when it comes to exclusives, since the is so many different gamers with so many different tastes.

I'm just saying, that Only because someone created the genre, as you say the PC Gaming, created the FPS, does not means that they made the genre popular, the Consoles are who made the Shooter genre popular, and are who made GTA, what it is today.

Without the  $ of the Console sales, and only with the PC Sales, the Triple A Shooter genre on PC, would be considered "Niche" compared with the Consoles.

Left 4 Dead, is the most sucessful Triple A Shooter on PC, but is also a Horror-shooter game, the other are MMORPG Shooters, like Cross-fire, and Counter Strike.

I'm saying without the PC, The genre would not  be created, but without the Consoles, they would have no reasons, or foundings to make Triple A Shooters, only MMORPG, if Consoles die, and they will if exclusives are on Computer, the Developers will try to mimic the Market leader,  they aways do that, and what would be the Market Leader ?, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, and Cross-fire, are the market leaders, so the whole picture would not be so good.

Games For Windows Rising: Revengeance

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank