By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

zero129 said:
walsufnir said:

I am surprised how many think that exclusives are that much of a factor to buy a console, really. Of course it is one part of the equation but look at which games sold the most last gen: it was multiplatform games.
If we take VGC's numbers and assume that exclusives are one of the main reasons, if not the main reason and that every exclusive game is a reason to buy a console and that there is no overlap, meaning that people don't buy multiple exclusives on one console and take playstation3:

HW total: 86.29

Best selling exclusives:

Gran Turismo 5 (the only exclusive being in the top 10) : 10.73
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception : 6.79
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves : 6.68
The Last of Us : 5.88
LittleBigPlanet : 5.88
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune : 4.92
God of War III : 4.82
Resistance: Fall of Man : 4.33
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue : 4.20
MotorStorm : 3.87
Sports Champions : 3.84
Gran Turismo 6 : 3.47
LittleBigPlanet 2 : 3.39
Heavy Rain : 3.07
Killzone 2 : 3.01
inFAMOUS : 2.92
Killzone 3 : 2.76
God of War Collection : 2.60
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction : 2.56
Resistance 2 : 2.47
==============================================================
Total : 88.19

So it takes 20 exclusives to overcome the total amount of consoles sold, with Resistance being at number 71 in the overall list. The tie ratio for PS3 is 11.02.
I think it is clear that people only use exclusives as an argument on enthusiast forums, the majority buys games, no matter if it is exclusive or not. There are way more reasons to go for a console than just exclusives, as indicated by several points in this post.

This. The only people who Exclusives really matter to are the Hardcore fans of them systems (Dont try and come in here and tell me your not a hardcore fan of a system if you like exclusives cos thats lies), as most other people who is Not a Hardcore fan of system doesnt like the idea of having to buy multi systems to play the games they enjoy, and instead see this as a negitive. And its something thats growing as the consoles grow. But the truth is to about 80-90% of the people who buy a console exclusives are not a deciding facter and is more to do with Brand awarness.

Consoles can survive even without exclusives the same way DVD/Bluray players have.

For me the benefits of exclusives going away far outnumber the negitives (I dont even think the would be any negitives).

Except notice how 80% of that list is made up of absolutely fantastic games? You don't have to be a hardcore PlayStation fan to decide that The Last of Us is great, or that God of War III was amazing. Just like you don't have to be a hardcore Xbox fan to love Fable 2. Or a hardcore PC fan to like Civ.

This entire post is typical PC Gamer, though. What PC gamer wouldn't want PS, Nintendo, or XB exclusives on their rigs?

User was warned for this post.

~ Ultrashroomz

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
zero129 said:

This. The only people who Exclusives really matter to are the Hardcore fans of them systems (Dont try and come in here and tell me your not a hardcore fan of a system if you like exclusives cos thats lies), as most other people who is Not a Hardcore fan of system doesnt like the idea of having to buy multi systems to play the games they enjoy, and instead see this as a negitive. And its something thats growing as the consoles grow. But the truth is to about 80-90% of the people who buy a console exclusives are not a deciding facter and is more to do with Brand awarness.

Consoles can survive even without exclusives the same way DVD/Bluray players have.

For me the benefits of exclusives going away far outnumber the negitives (I dont even think the would be any negitives).

Except notice how 80% of that list is made up of absolutely fantastic games? You don't have to be a hardcore PlayStation fan to decide that The Last of Us is great, or that God of War III was amazing. Just like you don't have to be a hardcore Xbox fan to love Fable 2. Or a hardcore PC fan to like Civ.

This entire post is typical PC Gamer, though. What PC gamer wouldn't want PS, Nintendo, or XB exclusives on their rigs?

What are you on about?.

1st, Point out where i said that any of them games wasnt great??.

2nd, re read my post again slowly so you understand what i am saying.

3rd, Like i said before this isnt about only PC getting exclusive games from consoles. Its about exclusives going away completely on every system. Unless your trying to really say PC has no exclusives console gamers would like to play??.

4th, Now please also explain what you mean about Typical PC Gamer, cos this here is pretty much like saying Typical PC fanboy since you have giving no explanation to this Post. It would be pretty much the same as me replying to someone with random bullshit, that had nothing to do with their post. And then saying Typical Sony Gamer, What Sony gamer, what Sony gamer wouldnt want PC, Nintendo and Xbox exclusives. So tell me whats this typical PC gamer you speak of??.And btw i have 2 PS4's in this house now and plan on getting a Slim once they come out. So playing Sony exclusives isnt a problem for me this gen and has never been any other gen since i've owned e

5th. Wasnt you saying how its a good job if xbox exclusives keep going to PC since you wont have to buy one??. Whats the difference with xbox games and any other systems games??. I mean unless you hate xbox, wouldnt you think it was a good job for all exclusive games to go to PC (you said you owned a powerful one cos you no longer need an xbox1) since you then would only need the one system??. Wouldnt the same be true if you only owned a PS4, and could get to play them xbox exclusive games without having to buy a top end PC or another console?. But do explain whats the difference here and try not to ignore this post.

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

What are you on about?.

3rd, Like i said before this isnt about only PC getting exclusive games from consoles. Its about exclusives going away completely on every system. Unless your trying to really say PC has no exclusives console gamers would like to play??.

4th, Now please also explain what you mean about Typical PC Gamer, cos this here is pretty much like saying Typical PC fanboy since you have giving no explanation to this Post. It would be pretty much the same as me replying to someone with random bullshit, that had nothing to do with their post. And then saying Typical Sony Gamer, What Sony gamer, what Sony gamer wouldnt want PC, Nintendo and Xbox exclusives. So tell me whats this typical PC gamer you speak of??.And btw i have 2 PS4's in this house now and plan on getting a Slim once they come out. So playing Sony exclusives isnt a problem for me this gen and has never been any other gen since i've owned e

5th. Wasnt you saying how its a good job if xbox exclusives keep going to PC since you wont have to buy one??. Whats the difference with xbox games and any other systems games??. I mean unless you hate xbox, wouldnt you think it was a good job for all exclusive games to go to PC (you said you owned a powerful one cos you no longer need an xbox1) since you then would only need the one system??. Wouldnt the same be true if you only owned a PS4, and could get to play them xbox exclusive games without having to buy a top end PC or another console?. But do explain whats the difference here and try not to ignore this post.

Actually, no. I had a response here, but you don't get one. 

Azuren said:
zero129 said:

What are you on about?.

The assumption that exclusives don't matter when they are in fact sometimes singular reasons for buying one platform over another and the further dismissive attitude about them (only hardcore fans buy them).

I suggest you actually re-write your post.

Without exclusives, no one would buy any one machine over the other, which proves to be a bad idea for companies like Sony and Nintendo who have no dog in the PC fight.

Maybe stop caring about labels? I mean, the single largest complaint in your post is that I pointed out that PC gamers would love to have console exclusives, and you've run off with this whole paragraph asking what "typical" means. It means average, because yeah, I feel the average PC Gamer would love all of the console exclusives on their rig.

Um, hi. I'm Azuren, and I dislike Xbox. I personally don't care if Xbox goes away. Which will be the case if this trend continues, which is why XB1 fans really need to be worried about it. It's good for me, who will not support Xbox, but it's bad for Xbox as a brand and for those that support that brand. And honestly, ignoring or dismissing that is simply denial.

And aside, do you just run through my previous posts looking for ammo or something? You have a habit of bringing up things I said in other threads, usually taken out of context.

You totally dismissed the main points of my post both times and even tried to twist my words into things i did not say.

Point out where i said people wont buy consoles for exclusives??. I didnt say that, but just cos they do it Doesnt mean (Unless they are a fan of that brand) that they like having to buy multi systems to play all them great exclusives since this is a consumer negitive.

And if people wouldnt buy consoles if the was no exclusives id hate to find out what them music players, and movie players etc would do without their exclusives.......

Even if Nintendo+Sony+MS just teamed up and made one console with a standed set of specs nextgen, and if that console still got exclusives that didnt come to the PC. Id still be happy, you know why?. Cos id only have to buy one console nextgen instead of 3, and if at some point i did want to play them games on PC, like with every console exclusive it will end up playable on the PC at some point.

Nope, I'm done. I don't continue conversations after the other party reports me for flaming.

Around the Network
slab_of_bacon said:
Eddie_Raja said:

I agree, but you haven't mentioned them.

And I don't need to.

Ok so then you just admitted that all of the points you made were false.  Excellent!  We are on the same page.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

What are you on about?.

Games would lose quality if was PC Only, we would lose Triple A Games, we would lose all the quality franchises, would all became like the PC Market, for 8 Years, the only game played on PC, was World of Warcraft, now the Only game played on PC, is League of Legends, the PC, just have place for 1 Game per time.

The PC Triple A Games, had to launch for the Consoles to have some Sucess, even the developers of The Witcher 3, said that if was not because of the Consoles, The Witcher 3, would not be a So Huge, and Good game, because they would not have the Budget, and making all  only for PC, does not means that all the sales from the tittles would go for PC, maybe even 95% of the Gamers that had a console, would end up playing League of Legends.

Swordmasterman said:
zero129 said:

- snip

Games would lose quality if was PC Only, we would lose Triple A Games, we would lose all the quality franchises, would all became like the PC Market, for 8 Years, the only game played on PC, was World of Warcraft, now the Only game played on PC, is League of Legends, the PC, just have place for 1 Game per time.

The PC Triple A Games, had to launch for the Consoles to have some Sucess, even the developers of The Witcher 3, said that if was not because of the Consoles, The Witcher 3, would not be a So Huge, and Good game, because they would not have the Budget, and making all  only for PC, does not means that all the sales from the tittles would go for PC, maybe even 95% of the Gamers that had a console, would end up playing League of Legends.

The main issue here is believing, for certain, that games would lose quality as PC exclusives. A few bad apples don't mean the whole batch isn't edible. Same idea applies here (as it would to any device).

Swordmasterman said:
zero129 said:

What are you on about?.

Point out where i said games should be PC only??. No where did i say that!.

But to the rest of your post (Even if it has nothing to do with what i was talking about).

Are you saying that the current games that's PC only has no quality??.. Do you also believe that only "Triple A" titles = quality?? so indies dont matter at all??.

Also many 3rd party devs even on console went multiplat this gen and last gen. So would games like MGS5 if it didnt go multiplat of been gimped back??, how about the other number of games that went 3rd party and ended up on the PC this gen??.

Now this last part of your post clearly takes the biscuit and shows just how much you know about PC gaming (Something you clearly shouldnt be commenting on), Go to Steamspy and type in GTA5, Now type in Xcom2, Now go look up how much Star Citizin has made.. Now go look at Steams best sellers list you see how many classic games are still there??. Go look at my steam profile, i guess them 400+ games thats not WoW or LoL dont count??, ya know since PC gamers dont play anything else....

This would be like me saying console gamers dont play anything other then CoD and Fifa so anything else needs PC to survive.... In other words that would be a pretty dumb thing to say, since we all know that isnt true just like we know what you say isnt true..