By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

There are no hardcore fans of their system? Well that's a bit rich 😁 Also, you can't claim someone is 100% wrong and then back it up with your personal preferences. For example, none of my PS4 friends bought the system because of exclusives, they bought it because Playstation brand is well-know here and some of them don't even know what Xbox One is. Playstation is the console vast majority of casual gamers go for. I still wouldn't say exclusives don't sell consoles.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
There are no hardcore fans of their system? Well that's a bit rich 😁 Also, you can't claim someone is 100% wrong and then back it up with your personal preferences. For example, none of my PS4 friends bought the system because of exclusives, they bought it because Playstation brand is well-know here and some of them don't even know what Xbox One is. Playstation is the console vast majority of casual gamers go for. I still wouldn't say exclusives don't sell consoles.

Of course not but it's mainly meant in forum discussions as ammunition to "prove" that "my" system is better than yours.

walsufnir said:

Of course not but it's mainly meant in forum discussions as ammunition to "prove" that "my" system is better than yours.

Ah ok, I'm a forum discussion newbie 😎

Most people probably don't buy consoles for the exclusives today. At least Non-Nintendo consoles.
Look at ebay. Typical game collections or consoles with game collections are like FIFA/Madden (EU/US), some other sports game, CoD, GTA, AC.
Typical game collections are not like Uncharted, Last of Us, God of War, Heavy Rain, MGS IV or Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, Fable 2, Forza 4.
When i'm asking the not so hardcore gamers why they chose Playstation (Germany=PS) it's like everyone has PS, online friends...
Console exclusives might still have some importance, especially for early adopters, the more hardcore crowd and of course fans.
But it's not as important as 20 years ago.
And games coming to console and PC, well, probably 90% of gamers have one big system they play on plus maybe some mobile device.

So now exclusives are irrelevant?

Hmmm...as i always say, VGCharterz never cease to amaze me.

Whats the point of having Goal Posts when you can move them as much as you want?

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
So now exclusives are irrelevant?

Hmmm...as i always say, VGCharterz never cease to amaze me.

Whats the point of having Goal Posts when you can move them as much as you want?

Logic, how does it work. Yes, VGCharterz never cease to amaze me. I was contradicting the point that exclusives are the main point for many people to buy a console and their importance is exaggerated in forum discussions.

It is beyond me how *anyone* can get the idea that this implies they are irrelevant. "hey, you tell me that the color is not white! i mean, why do you say everything is black?!" Yeah, because logic fail.

This is likely.

Also I genuinely don't think consoles and PC are interchangeble for the average console gamer. A consoles primary selling point is the fact that its not a PC.

Regardless all this cross buy windows 10 stuff will have some minor impact on the future of Xbox hardware sales, even if negligible. Microsoft have obviously taken this into a account.

zero129 said:
Azuren said:
Yay, my need for an Xbox One is dwindling.

Though I'd have been happier if Forza stayed away. #opinions

Was it you who said in another thread that you never owned the 360?, cant really remember if it was you or not.

I've owned 5, so no.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zero129 said:
walsufnir said:

I am surprised how many think that exclusives are that much of a factor to buy a console, really. Of course it is one part of the equation but look at which games sold the most last gen: it was multiplatform games.
If we take VGC's numbers and assume that exclusives are one of the main reasons, if not the main reason and that every exclusive game is a reason to buy a console and that there is no overlap, meaning that people don't buy multiple exclusives on one console and take playstation3:

HW total: 86.29

Best selling exclusives:

Gran Turismo 5 (the only exclusive being in the top 10) : 10.73
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception : 6.79
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves : 6.68
The Last of Us : 5.88
LittleBigPlanet : 5.88
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune : 4.92
God of War III : 4.82
Resistance: Fall of Man : 4.33
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue : 4.20
MotorStorm : 3.87
Sports Champions : 3.84
Gran Turismo 6 : 3.47
LittleBigPlanet 2 : 3.39
Heavy Rain : 3.07
Killzone 2 : 3.01
inFAMOUS : 2.92
Killzone 3 : 2.76
God of War Collection : 2.60
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction : 2.56
Resistance 2 : 2.47
==============================================================
Total : 88.19

So it takes 20 exclusives to overcome the total amount of consoles sold, with Resistance being at number 71 in the overall list. The tie ratio for PS3 is 11.02.
I think it is clear that people only use exclusives as an argument on enthusiast forums, the majority buys games, no matter if it is exclusive or not. There are way more reasons to go for a console than just exclusives, as indicated by several points in this post.

This. The only people who Exclusives really matter to are the Hardcore fans of them systems (Dont try and come in here and tell me your not a hardcore fan of a system if you like exclusives cos thats lies), as most other people who is Not a Hardcore fan of system doesnt like the idea of having to buy multi systems to play the games they enjoy, and instead see this as a negitive. And its something thats growing as the consoles grow. But the truth is to about 80-90% of the people who buy a console exclusives are not a deciding facter and is more to do with Brand awarness.

Consoles can survive even without exclusives the same way DVD/Bluray players have.

For me the benefits of exclusives going away far outnumber the negitives (I dont even think the would be any negitives).

Except notice how 80% of that list is made up of absolutely fantastic games? You don't have to be a hardcore PlayStation fan to decide that The Last of Us is great, or that God of War III was amazing. Just like you don't have to be a hardcore Xbox fan to love Fable 2. Or a hardcore PC fan to like Civ.

This entire post is typical PC Gamer, though. What PC gamer wouldn't want PS, Nintendo, or XB exclusives on their rigs?

User was warned for this post.

~ Ultrashroomz

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

Except notice how 80% of that list is made up of absolutely fantastic games? You don't have to be a hardcore PlayStation fan to decide that The Last of Us is great, or that God of War III was amazing. Just like you don't have to be a hardcore Xbox fan to love Fable 2. Or a hardcore PC fan to like Civ.

This entire post is typical PC Gamer, though. What PC gamer wouldn't want PS, Nintendo, or XB exclusives on their rigs?

What are you on about?.

1st, Point out where i said that any of them games wasnt great??.

2nd, re read my post again slowly so you understand what i am saying.

3rd, Like i said before this isnt about only PC getting exclusive games from consoles. Its about exclusives going away completely on every system. Unless your trying to really say PC has no exclusives console gamers would like to play??.

4th, Now please also explain what you mean about Typical PC Gamer, cos this here is pretty much like saying Typical PC fanboy since you have giving no explanation to this Post. It would be pretty much the same as me replying to someone with random bullshit, that had nothing to do with their post. And then saying Typical Sony Gamer, What Sony gamer, what Sony gamer wouldnt want PC, Nintendo and Xbox exclusives. So tell me whats this typical PC gamer you speak of??.And btw i have 2 PS4's in this house now and plan on getting a Slim once they come out. So playing Sony exclusives isnt a problem for me this gen and has never been any other gen since i've owned e

5th. Wasnt you saying how its a good job if xbox exclusives keep going to PC since you wont have to buy one??. Whats the difference with xbox games and any other systems games??. I mean unless you hate xbox, wouldnt you think it was a good job for all exclusive games to go to PC (you said you owned a powerful one cos you no longer need an xbox1) since you then would only need the one system??. Wouldnt the same be true if you only owned a PS4, and could get to play them xbox exclusive games without having to buy a top end PC or another console?. But do explain whats the difference here and try not to ignore this post.

Actually, no. I had a response here, but you don't get one.