By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

Eddie_Raja said:

slab_of_bacon said:

It boils down to the reason many of us play on consoles to begin with.  It's a convenient dedicated gaming machine for one's living space where they can turn the power on and in minutes be competing with people around the planet, on the sofa next to them, or by themselves.  It will have a different entry cost than PCs which we know have the capacity to outperform these machines but not everyone wants that kind of fuss.

I know that I will be giving Microsoft some money if some of these games pop up on PC but that doesn't mean I don't give my console any attention either. 

People buy the Xbox One for the same main reasons they buy a Sony Playstation 4 or a Nintendo Wii U - a convenient, dedicated gaming experience and to make brash generalizations or say this will do any real damage to potential sales of the Xbox One is completely baseless.  

PC's boot up faster and load games quicker - so your argument carries no weight.

My position is just fine... besides, I wasn't comparing game load times.  What are you talking about?

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
ofrm1 said:

I'm sorry. Perhaps I'm not understanding your point. How does this refute what I said?

You said "Microsoft, took away a Game, and Locked it at 900p" you said that People were arguing because of that, but no one is saying nothing about Microsoft's exclusives, my point is the Timed Exclusivity of Tomb Raider, this had 8 Millions of pissed fans that did not played, because Microsoft, paid for the game that already was ready for launch, to launch 2 Months later on PC, and 1 year later on Playstation, You are saying like Everyone say this on Every Xbox Exclusive, while not even a single person were arguing about Microsoft, leting their exclusives, continue exclusives for Xbox.

People have complained about Microsoft buying exclusivity for games. I've seen in on Gamefaqs and GAF. I've also seen people express the sentiment that there's no reason to buy an Xbox when the games will eventually be released on PC. EVERY time an X1 game is released for PC, there's a drove of people complaining about how there's no point in owning the system. It happens EVERY TIME. That's all I was commenting on. 

What I'm saying is that Microsoft can't win. If they keep exclusivity, people complain about the game being stuck on their console and the resolution not necessarily being as good as it could be. If they don't keep exclusivity and open it up to PC, then people whine about how there's no reason to own an Xbox One.

I don't really care if playstation fans are pissed that Microsoft bought exclusivity for Tomb Raider. Xbox fans get pissed when Sony buys exclusivity for their games. Exclusivity sucks. Everyone agrees on that point. It's the only reason why people still bother buying consoles anymore.

ofrm1 said:
Swordmasterman said:

You said "Microsoft, took away a Game, and Locked it at 900p" you said that People were arguing because of that, but no one is saying nothing about Microsoft's exclusives, my point is the Timed Exclusivity of Tomb Raider, this had 8 Millions of pissed fans that did not played, because Microsoft, paid for the game that already was ready for launch, to launch 2 Months later on PC, and 1 year later on Playstation, You are saying like Everyone say this on Every Xbox Exclusive, while not even a single person were arguing about Microsoft, leting their exclusives, continue exclusives for Xbox.

People have complained about Microsoft buying exclusivity for games. I've seen in on Gamefaqs and GAF. I've also seen people express the sentiment that there's no reason to buy an Xbox when the games will eventually be released on PC. EVERY time an X1 game is released for PC, there's a drove of people complaining about how there's no point in owning the system. It happens EVERY TIME. That's all I was commenting on. 

What I'm saying is that Microsoft can't win. If they keep exclusivity, people complain about the game being stuck on their console and the resolution not necessarily being as good as it could be. If they don't keep exclusivity and open it up to PC, then people whine about how there's no reason to own an Xbox One.

I don't really care if playstation fans are pissed that Microsoft bought exclusivity for Tomb Raider. Xbox fans get pissed when Sony buys exclusivity for their games. Exclusivity sucks. Everyone agrees on that point. It's the only reason why people still bother buying consoles anymore.

No, the only exclusivity that people was bashing Microsoft, was because of Tomb Raider's Timed Exclusivity, when the game already was ready to launch, for all the plataform, they took the game away from 4 Millions of Playstation players, and 4 Millions of PC Players, just for a Timed Deal.

If Microsoft, keep Gears, Halo, Forza, Scalebound, Quantum Break, exclusive for Xbox One, so is a win for Xbox One, and no one would be arguing that.

Sony, did not bought the Exclusivity of any game, they just helped Capcom, to make Street Fighter, because of that is PS4/PC Only, they have paid and also developed together with From Software, to make BloodBorne, they did not took away Dark Souls 3, or anything like this from other plataform.

Ni-oh, Ace Kombat, Nier Automata, all those games are coming exclusive for Playstation 4, because the developers want this way, not because Sony, pais something, is because of Playstation 4's sucess and Install Base.

There is a difference between making what Sony, is making, and what Microsoft, is making.

Did anyone became upset with the Exclusivity of Dead Rising for Xbox One ?, of course no, the game was Developed by Capcom, and Microsoft, paid the development, they did not took it away from anyone.

You are taking the only time that people were upset about a game being exclusive for Xbox One, and is generalizing, like if Microsoft, would be bashed if Any game made by their own studios, were Exclusive for Xbox One, while this is not true, make a game by their own, and release exclusive, did not will harm anyone, and no one would complain about that, the people only complain, when you take away a game from a 8 Millions Fanbase of other system, only for a Timed Deal, while the other versions of the game, already were ready to Launch the same day as Xbox One's version (even sooner, maybe Microsoft, pushed for the Holidays, to make the "Best Holidais of Xbox History", only to compete agaist Uncharted 4, that would launch in the same time, before the Delay).

And Exclusivity does not sucks, not when the Manufacturer of the console paid, and developed the Exclusive game, Exclusives mean Quality games that are Made for just 1 Plataform, this means that the Game Developer, can focus on the Game It-self, instead of focusing on Multiple versions of the game, the game end up being a High Quality game, look at Gran Turismo 5, Metal gear Solid 4, and The Last of Us.

Xbox is already a Windows 10 PC. So the games being on Windows 10 makes sense.

CGI-Quality said:
JRPGfan said:
I get that CGI-Quality, what I mean is.... this is going to effect Xbox One sales.

I'm inclined to agree, to a degree, but it's all in the execution. :)

foodfather said:
Well its just a rumor for now, but even then there is nothing wrong with this model. Its evident, exclusives don't shift hardware. MS are probably looking at Sony, where the 3rd parties do all the hard work. 

There will always be exclusives that move units (Halo/Gran Turismo/Mario), but it's the combination of parts that keep a console truckin' along. In this case, I think it's much less about Sony and much more about Microsoft trying to further strengthen their most lucrative property.

My opinion is if they went open slather and put their published games on Steam etc then people might rightly say why get an xbox ,  but  with Quantum break being exclusive to the Win10 store , they are simply rebadging their live ecosystem to PC.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
slab_of_bacon said:

Eddie_Raja said:

PC's boot up faster and load games quicker - so your argument carries no weight.

My position is just fine... besides, I wasn't comparing game load times.  What are you talking about?

What position is that?

-PC isn't slower and you can "Get gaming" just as fastly

-If you bring up cost it is also a moot point.  The PS4 is good performance for the money, but the X1 can be built for $300.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
slab_of_bacon said:

What position is that?

-If you bring up cost it is also a moot point.  The PS4 is good performance for the money, but the X1 can be built for $300.

I stated a fairly clear position in the first post you replied to.  There were numerous people saying they don't need/want an Xbox One because some of their software is going to be available on PC.  I'm not anti-PC and I'm not anti-console but I am saying that there are different attributes which appeal to people and based on those people chose to use these devices.  Thus, brash generalizations about what kind of effect this software being available elsewhere won't have a large impact that those people have made it out to be.  

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:
Eddie_Raja said:

What position is that?

I stated a fairly clear position in the first post you replied to.  There were numerous people saying they don't need/want an Xbox One because some of their software is going to be available on PC.  I'm not anti-PC and I'm not anti-console but I am saying that there are different attributes which appeal to people and based on those people chose to use these devices.  Thus, brash generalizations about what kind of effect this software being available elsewhere won't have a large impact that those people have made it out to be.  

Yes, it will have a Large Impact, but is just speculation, the Impact of Microsoft, liying for the costumers for 2 years, marketing the game as Exclusive, maybe means that other exclusives will come to PC, and if all come, will indeed hurt Sales of Xbox One, because everything Xbox One do, the PC, can do better, and more, also have more games, and on  late 2016-2017, will be much cheaper purchase a PC, than a Xbox One, if is Just Quantum Break, so they just hurt some Hundred of Thousands hardware sales.

But if is all the Exclusives, this hurt Millions of Hardware sales, we don't even know if Microsoft, will be able to sell something on PC, with the Windows 10 Barrer, and because is not on Steam, maybe the game Sell poor on PC, and they get back before the Permanent Damage is Made.

Anyway, we will need to wait to see.

Remember that Exclusives is the things that sell Nearly All the Hardware, and on a Gaming Machine, the Games are the only thing that Matter.

I am surprised how many think that exclusives are that much of a factor to buy a console, really. Of course it is one part of the equation but look at which games sold the most last gen: it was multiplatform games.
If we take VGC's numbers and assume that exclusives are one of the main reasons, if not the main reason and that every exclusive game is a reason to buy a console and that there is no overlap, meaning that people don't buy multiple exclusives on one console and take playstation3:

HW total: 86.29

Best selling exclusives:

Gran Turismo 5 (the only exclusive being in the top 10) : 10.73
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception : 6.79
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves : 6.68
The Last of Us : 5.88
LittleBigPlanet : 5.88
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune : 4.92
God of War III : 4.82
Resistance: Fall of Man : 4.33
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue : 4.20
MotorStorm : 3.87
Sports Champions : 3.84
Gran Turismo 6 : 3.47
LittleBigPlanet 2 : 3.39
Heavy Rain : 3.07
Killzone 2 : 3.01
inFAMOUS : 2.92
Killzone 3 : 2.76
God of War Collection : 2.60
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction : 2.56
Resistance 2 : 2.47
==============================================================
Total : 88.19

So it takes 20 exclusives to overcome the total amount of consoles sold, with Resistance being at number 71 in the overall list. The tie ratio for PS3 is 11.02.
I think it is clear that people only use exclusives as an argument on enthusiast forums, the majority buys games, no matter if it is exclusive or not. There are way more reasons to go for a console than just exclusives, as indicated by several points in this post.

zero129 said:

This. The only people who Exclusives really matter to are the Hardcore fans of them systems ,

But the truth is to about 80-90% of the people who buy a console exclusives are not a deciding facter and is more to do with Brand awarness.

Consoles can survive even without exclusives the same way DVD/Bluray players have.

For me the benefits of exclusives going away far outnumber the negitives (I dont even think the would be any negitives).

100 % wrong. Playstation 3 is the best example that proper exclusive support can save the console. The only reason I bought my PS3 back then in 2011 were the exclusives, same as I did with 360 earlier in 2009 ( previous gen i was PS2 only gamer ). Better games, more games - it's my choice.

If - for example - it was Valve releasing TLoU or Demons Souls on PC i would buy hardcore PC Rig and play it on my PC. Simple as that. Also, I never bought a multiplat for PS3 - I bought it on 360 - they were simply better.

My Xbox/PC only friends jump into PS3 after TLoU, Ni no Kuni, U2 etc release,- it was 2011/2013 and yes it was a deciding factor for them. Nobody bought PS3 for its awesome 512 MB RAM or sub30fps multiplats, man.

There are no PS4/Xbox One/PC Hardcore fans of " them system " - there are only hardcore gamers, divided between 4 ( yes, Wii U still existed ) platforms, that caters to them the most. If one platform becomes better ( in their opinion ) that other one, they will switch immediately - compare Wii U and PS3 to it's ancestors. There is no brand loyalty here, I can't see it and I am into gaming for over a decade. This time it is PS4, with its acceptable multiplats and biggest exclusives line up.

Yes, exlusives do not sell as much as multiplats - hardcore gamers are divided as I mention earlier, many of them own 2+ gaming platforms and are simply outnumbered by casuals that is able to pay huge money for one shitty DLC, with content that will make - for example - PS2 gamer kill them with laught. Also, games are  dumbed down now ( look at Tomb Raider in 2015 and in 2000's - huge difference ) and many of my PS2 era friends simply quit gaming. One more thing - exlusive games generally have weaker marketing than multiplats, I think it is possibly a huge factor.

Xbox One exlusives going PC are good only for : MS as a game publisher and so- called  PC master race ( u got a nice sig there +1 ), commonly known for creating online petitions if only there is any good game only on console.