By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

Amazing to see how many people "intended" to buy an Xbone... If only MS knew before!
Seriously, for ages now it has been said that consoles make the most money off the software, not the hardware. Releasing games on more platforms is a good decision for gaming. Of course you can also see that is negative but strangely this is more coming from people who probably would've never bought an Xbone. Like at all.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Looks like MS is getting ready to exit the console market.

CGI-Quality said:

^ ^ What's with the spam posts? :P

Use the multi-quote feature!

Why would replying to seperate posts in seperate posts be spamming? Do we have a new rule on the forums?

I think this is the future for Microsoft, the PC enthusiast market will basically become the next XBox, MS will sell it at cost and make money off the software royalties. I think they are going to push to make a PC/console service based around Windows that can compete against Steam. 

CGI-Quality said:
walsufnir said:

Why would replying to seperate posts in seperate posts be spamming? Do we have a new rule on the forums?

You've replied 6 times. Had it not been for my post, they'd all be in a row. I'm just telling you that the Multi-Quote feature makes things so much easier for the thread.

Well, I am new to the thread and was just browsing it and replied to the posts I thought were "worth" replying to. Yes, it would make it easier for other ones but this is a multi-page thread and I don't know which posts I am going to reply to beforehand. And well, I didn't really see the multi-quote "feature", tbh. Site was missing it since ages. But yes, perhaps next time I will open a seperate tab and put all "interesting" posts I am going to reply to into there and make one big post.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

So why own consoles at all then? You own at least a PS4 and an Xbone. For that initial $750 or so investment just for hardware you could have built a more than capable gaming computer. And then you save lots of money every year since there is no more XBLG/PS+ to pay for, and you get all your games cheaper, and there's way way more games and peripherals to choose from. Why do you game inferiorly?

The same could be asked on the inverse, why own a console that have almost the same games that your already owned Gaming Rig? To play the same games but on a inferior performance? It doesnt make any sense.

All platforms are diferentiated by its exclusives, if all consoles would have the same exact games it would be a pointless competition and it would rely in what? Performance only with the ocasional senseless brand fanboy.

Like i said, i will always prefer consoles over PC's because of the straight fordwardness that i was talking about, but im perfectly aware that literally almost all games perform better on the PC with the exception of some developer fuck ups that doesnt have to do with your PC per se.

If someone who has a capable PC has also an Xbox One, whats the point of playing the inferior version? That is the question.

• The game is single player, so your friends having the X1 version is irrelevant.
  • The game performs better on the PC.
  • The Xbox One controller can be used as well on PC.
  • The Gaming Rig can be connected to the TV.
  • The game will probably will be cheaper on the PC.
  • The game is releasing the same day on both platforms.

I mean, from every angle there is no positive about playing the Xbox One version.

If there comes the day that ALL exclusives will be available on PC also, whats the point of having an Xbox console if you already have a capable PC?

To be fair, there will also be people like me that will prefer consoles over PC 100% of the time.

walsufnir said:
Turkish said:
They really do not want me to buy an Xbox do they?

No, they want to make you buying a PC instead, with their operating system so that you buy their games on their platform.

A lot of people already own a PC with their operating system.  This move is more about selling software.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Versus_Evil said:
AEGRO said:

The same could be asked on the inverse, why own a console that have almost the same games that your already owned Gaming Rig? To play the same games but on a inferior performance? It doesnt make any sense.

To be fair, there will also be people like me that will prefer consoles over PC 100% of the time.

You answered your own question.

How?

There are 2 scenarios:

• You already own a Gaming Rig.
  • You dont have a Gaming Rig.

If you already own a Gaming Rig, there is also 2 scenarios:

• You also own a Xbox One. Whats the point of playing it there being the inferior version.
  • You dont own a Xbox One. Why buy one if you already can play the same game and to top it all, it is the superior version.

If you dont have a Gaming Rig:

• If you own a Xbox One, its cool just buy the game for it and thats it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My main argument is for people who own both platforms PC and Xbox. Its is becoming more redundant by the day, and for PC enthusiast or even people that games on PC regularly, the Xbox platform will become pointless if this tendency becomes the norm for upcoming games.

Jazz2K said:
Bandorr said:

What are you basing "never would have bought one" on?

I know several people waiting for scalebound for example. If it goes to the xbox one exclusive they will get one because that is the only way to play it.

If it comes to the PC - they will just get it on the PC.

That isn't a case of "never would get" it is a case of "has no need to get".

People buying a console for only one game I don't believe that anymore. If they plan on getting that one game it most probably because there are some others that interest them otherwise, why not just rent it? Or borrow it from a friend? If you don't want anything else then don't get it. 

Also I should've wrote imo on my first post. There will always be exceptions I know but imo that's a mute argument. Suddenly so many people care for the state of Xbox and were planning on getting one... sorry but I don't believe that.

The amount of people willing to buy a console just for one or two games has to be so low that it's not even worth keeping it exclusive to the system.

If this occurs, it is evident MS is essentially done with conventional consoles. The next 'xbox' will most likely be a streaming box/digital only device that shares games with PC.