By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony Won't Deploy PS4 Exclusives on PC

Lawlight said:
Are people actually buying Windows OS for personal use though?

What do you think, or should I ask, what do you say they are buying it for?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
They will. There just avoiding the heat for now. Might not be this gen but eventually everything will be on PC. Its the largest and most popular platform thats growing everyday. Avoiding it only hurts your own studios.

It's th reverse actually. PC is still relevant in the west thanks to consoles. Take that away and gaming dies - unless you live in Asia and are into MOBAs. There's a good reason why Steam's trying to get into the console market.

Azzanation said:
They will. There just avoiding the heat for now. Might not be this gen but eventually everything will be on PC. Its the largest and most popular platform thats growing everyday. Avoiding it only hurts your own studios.

Ms can't really pressure sony into following suit. With the xbox one selling significantly lower than the PS4, I doubt sony is feeling enough pressure to turn on a sink. That doesn't mean MS won't be a threat next gen. Lastly, it doesn't make any sense for sony to put their 1st party games on PC. If both sold roughly the same, it might be a different story because there would be serious competition between the two. Competition forces companies to compromise on things they wouldn't have otherwise. 

I fucking love Windows 10, it's the best OS of all time and if you disagree with me, you're just wrong. Seriously, I can't even fathom why anyone would use anything else willingly.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Aeolus451 said:
Azzanation said:

Ms can't really pressure sony into following suit. With the xbox one selling significantly lower than the PS4, I doubt sony is feeling enough pressure to turn on a sink. That doesn't mean MS won't be a threat next gen. Lastly, it doesn't make any sense for sony to put their 1st party games on PC. If both sold roughly the same, it might be a different story because there would be serious competition between the two. Competition forces companies to compromise on things they wouldn't have otherwise. 

Exactly, remember when online multiplayer was free? MS pressured Sony with Xbox Live and they had to make PS+ and charge for online to boot. That's what pressure looks like.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I fucking love Windows 10, it's the best OS of all time and if you disagree with me, you're just wrong. Seriously, I can't even fathom why anyone would use anything else willingly.

The UI looks terrible compared to Windows 7.

Does anyone know what percentage of gamers own multiple consoles or console+PC? It would be interesting to know if there's any data available.

Lawlight said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

The UI looks terrible compared to Windows 7.

Agreed. And Windows 7 does everything that i need it to do, so there's no reason for me to switch.

Lawlight said:
Are people actually buying Windows OS for personal use though?

Steam seems to be "personal use", doesn't it? At least I don't know many office PCs where Steam is installed.

Hardware survey January 2016: Windows = 95.39%, OSX = 3.55%, Linux = 0.95%.

So yeah, people actually buy Windows OS for personal use and Windows absolutely dominates PC gaming.

Azzanation said:

Dude, you sound so 100% sure about that, let me borrow that crystal ball.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5