By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2016 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

Woah! I just see vgc PS4 Jan numbers. What happened for ioi to expect PS4 to be up 100% yoy

Around the Network

WOWERS PS4 is roughly 50% of the market! The American market!

JRPGfan said:
MS need to do something... getting 2 : 1 'ed in your strongest territory isnt good for your public image.

Not sure what it is that needs doing, but something needs to be done.

price drop to $300 and $300 bundles for all major 1st party releases and partnerships. If Microsoft think they'll get even close to the PS4 sales with all the $350 and $400 bundles (lol, $400!!!) they are delusional.

CGI-Quality said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Woah! I just see vgc PS4 Jan numbers. What happened for ioi to expect PS4 to be up 100% yoy

Maybe he got tired of being told how he undertracks PlayStation all the time!

Maybe,  I knew it would be up because of October price cut and Xbox One not having a price advantage but 100% up yoy on a $50 price cut should of seemed unlikely. 

On a side note this is the first time we can properly gauge the effectiveness of the pricecut without other factors coming into play. Seems a ok start and if the following months follow suit to form a trend, Sony will be happy. 

Resident Evil Origins Collection - ~38k (73% PS4)
Life is Strange - ~27k (74.8% PS4)

Look at those results. Why aren't Xbox gamers buying these games I mean at most the PS4 should be getting 60% because of userbase advantage in the US. Something is missing from the equation for PS4 to get these windfall shares. I know Capcom is ultra unlikely to have another Xbox One exclusive with breaks like that.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

Look at those results. Why aren't Xbox gamers buying these games I mean at most the PS4 should be getting 60% because of userbase advantage in the US. Something is missing from the equation for PS4 to get these windfall shares. I know Capcom is ultra unlikely to have another Xbox One exclusive with breaks like that.

I Think that Any japanese company is unlikely to make a Xbox One exclusive, after what Tomb Raider, did.

Ruler said:
Good numbers for PS4, Wii U is doing okay

I wouldn't call that "doing okay".

Swordmasterman said:
CosmicSex said:

I Think that Any japanese company is unlikely to make a Xbox One exclusive, after what Tomb Raider, did.

Agreed.  it would be financially irresponsible.   Especially when you have compelling data like this.

drkohler said:

And more to all the people: Stop asking Aquamarine and other "insiders" for NPD numbers. 

Smartest post I've read in a while. 

Only subscribers have access to NPD data and have to sign an NDA. They're not going to be posted on VGChartz.

CosmicSex said:

Look at those results. Why aren't Xbox gamers buying these games  

Too busy paying extra for Ubisoft games

¯_(ツ)_/¯