By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2016 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

At least we finally have numbers. Good month for PS4, whereas everything else is just disappointing.

Around the Network

Good numbers for PS4 considering there was not a single game in January to drive sales this year so a 20% increase is okey. Bad tracking from Vgchartz this month doh. A 100% increase YOY was never going to happen.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Good numbers for PS4, Wii U is doing okay

Hiku said:
So PS4 is up 20% YoY, and XB1 is down 13,4% YoY?

Yes, but could be off by a few percentages as we miss an anchor point in sales. We'd need handheld sales numbers or a single home console platform sales to accurately determine the numbers, but the hints bring us very close. The error is mostly academic.

Ps4 nearly 2x Xone, in the Us.

Welp.

Around the Network

Yayyyy, software numbers.

Don't know what to make of them really though. LiS & RE seem poor. FFE doesn't seem much better to be honest.

Kresnik said:
Yayyyy, software numbers.

Don't know what to make of them really though. LiS & RE seem poor. FFE doesn't seem much better to be honest.

LIS and RE are mainly digital releases. RE1 sold a shitton last year and they don't need to pay more for the package that has both games this time around. LIS has been out for a while digitally

Aquamarine said:

NeoGAF mods knew they really fucked up by banning my friend George, and now they're flatout lying to save face.

Admin Nirolak:

"George was a many-times permanently banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered."

This right here is a flatout lie. An absolute, complete lie that doesn't make any sense. I know I certainly did not make "many alts." I gave up NeoGAF after trying to get unbanned for months with radio silence from the mod team even though my ban was self-requested.

NeoGAF members are getting restless that their only source of data was banned for a bullshit reason. There are even calls to unban him, which I find really sweet. And now, just as I expected, the mods are trying to spin a new story to get them to calm down instead of doing the right thing and admitting their mistake and unbanning him.

These blatant lies are unconscionable and should not be tolerated.

If you are the same Aquamarine that gone on GAF and not only someone that is reposting his thoughs for us, please when you get a chance talk to George so he can post here if allowed. About people believing VGC numbers most here will at most take the numbers as a beacon to the general playing field, no one really believes them to be less than 20% margin of error in general for a week.

CGI-Quality said:
Shadow1980 said:

Well, keep us posted. I know George would be welcomed here (and our mods are very reasonable people; like, you really have to be bad to get banned), and like I said, social media is also a potential option. With both you and him banned from GAF and Cream having gone AWOL, there's literally no source of NPD numbers left on the internet. It'd be a shame that after years of mostly complete hardware sales data that we enter a total dark age where nobody outside the NPD and the Big Three has any clue exactly how well any console is doing in the U.S., plus all my regular charts will collect digital dust. I know a lot of people would appreciate the imminent return of NPD numbers.

Glad to see that some in the community have observed this! The team is definitely trying!

We love the Mod team even when they don't choose us to be new mods. Congrats on being nominated, you're a great guy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

MS need to do something... getting 2 : 1 'ed in your strongest territory isnt good for your public image.

Not sure what it is that needs doing, but something needs to be done.

DonFerrari said:

About people believing VGC numbers most here will at most take the numbers as a beacon to the general playing field, no one really believes them to be less than 20% margin of error in general for a week.

Unfortunately I get the impression that those times are gone. Just look at the January number debacle for PS4, and the ridiculous number for the first February week is still up...

And more to all the people: Stop asking Aquamarine and other "insiders" for NPD numbers. She got the beating by doing it on Gaf and she's certainly not going to do it here, getting her into trouble again.