By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2016 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

zorg1000 said:

Not officially.

Official or not, it's still getting outsold easily.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
zorg1000 said:

Not officially.

What I'm getting at is that it's not a set price across the country in all retailers making the effect minimal.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

What I'm getting at is that it's not a set price across the country in all retailers making the effect minimal.

I'm 95% certain that the price simply does not matter. ;)

zorg1000 said:

I know what you mean but the signs aren't good.

The PS5 Exists. 

mornelithe said:
zorg1000 said:

Same here, my original post simply said I could picture an official price cut in the next few months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

Can you remember when people were saying it was the price difference that was making the PS4 sell more? Now the XB1 is cheaper at some retailers it's because it's not an official price drop. I'm not knock anyone here, just pointing out this curious journey we're on.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
zorg1000 said:

I know what you mean but the signs aren't good.

I don't think it would have a huge effect, just that I could picture an official price cut to $299 happening.

GribbleGrunger said:
mornelithe said:

Can you remember what people were saying it was the price difference that was making the PS4 sell more? Now the XB1 is cheaper at some retailers it's because it's not an official price drop. I'm not knock anyone here, just pointing out this curious journey we're on.

I remember when it was said, and who it was said by, and I remember it being joked about for awhile afterwards, and that's why I said 95% lol :)

zorg1000 said:

I don't think it would have a huge effect, just that I could picture an official price cut to $299 happening.

MS have to very careful here. It's all about the power difference. If they make it too cheap it would just cement the fact the PS4 is more powerful and not represent what MS would want it to which is a 'good deal'.

The PS5 Exists. 

Shadow1980 said:
ZhugeEX said:

Smartest post I've read in a while. 

Only subscribers have access to NPD data and have to sign an NDA. They're not going to be posted on VGChartz.

I did also suggest that Aqua try to convince George to use some other venue. The end result is still the same. The data will find its way here and elsewhere, and that's the important thing. In any case, why should GAF have the exclusive privilege of being the only place that NPD numbers ever get posted, thereby subjecting the tiny handful of people that we rely on for data to be subjected the internet forum equivalent of George Jetson job security?

In any case, how much does it cost to get hold of that NPD data? Do they offer subscriptions for just game sales? Is it some outrageous sum?

Yes it is. I called them once and they said it was $30,000.