By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Review Thread - MC: 75/ GR: 75.71%

Looks like i'm going to buy Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth tomorrow. Digimon World 2 was my first & last i played back in 2000... Sigh It was pirated. :S

Still, i'm getting this game as welcome back. :>

Around the Network

This is the best rated Digimon game of all times, the Digimon World serie, never managed to have more than 50 on Metacritic, the scores of the other games is 42-48 on Metacritic.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I was just saying a few months ago how turned off i am at the pokemon games for lack of difficulty, story and common sense structure (like not needing HMs), and this digimon game compensates and more on all the things i dislike about the pokemon games.
2 things i like the most are the auto battle (and its pretty smart about what should and shouldn't be done),
being able to carry more than 6 digimon.
All I'm saying...is gamefreak could learn from a few of these concepts.
I've played all the pokemon series games, but after alpha & omega, I'm hesitant on future releases unless the difficulty ramps up.

Rob5VGC said:
I haven't finished the game yet, but it's currently a 9 to me. The game completes me. After almost 2 decades of playing Pokemon, this game is a breath of fresh air. Black/White was suppose to be a game to cater to the older fans of the series, but it was still the same Pokemon game. Cyber Sleuth was made with the same intentions and delivered. Hope more mature Digimon games(Cyber Sleuth 2?) continue to be made for the older folk.

Imagine if it had multiplayer! :O

Amazon usa and germany: 4,5 / 5 stars : )
user reviews by Metacritic: 164 reviews - 9,0 / 10 points :)

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Rob5VGC said:
I haven't finished the game yet, but it's currently a 9 to me. The game completes me. After almost 2 decades of playing Pokemon, this game is a breath of fresh air. Black/White was suppose to be a game to cater to the older fans of the series, but it was still the same Pokemon game. Cyber Sleuth was made with the same intentions and delivered. Hope more mature Digimon games(Cyber Sleuth 2?) continue to be made for the older folk.

Cyber Sleuth ?, it have Multiplayer, i saw the Video on Youtube that you can even fight people from Japan, with the West version.

77 now.

Isnt it the best score for a digimon game ?

It's doing much better than expected

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Swordmasterman said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Cyber Sleuth ?, it have Multiplayer, i saw the Video on Youtube that you can even fight people from Japan, with the West version.

Holy fuck! You're right. I didn't even know that. I think this might be the best Digimon game thus far.

I'll say one thing though. The intro is waaaaay too long. An hour and a bit in and I really haven't even started the game, most of its been dialogue too.
Hate when games do this....

Blob said:

I'll say one thing though. The intro is waaaaay too long. An hour and a bit in and I really haven't even started the game, most of its been dialogue too.
Hate when games do this....

You hate story in a game where one of the 4 words in the Title is Story?

Perhaps look into games about duty! and Battlefields.

Games file size is rather small tho for a ps4 game so I'm not too shocked if there is a lot of text as the medium for getting that story accross, can't really fit 10 hours of 1080p cutscene in the 2.4gb download that this game comes in.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive