By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Review Thread - MC: 75/ GR: 75.71%

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

What do you mean by "modern"? the setting?

Yup, from what I've seen about it, it has too much of modern stuff going on, as cars, modern cities with buildings and all that, while in World 3 you had that medieval like world, with villages, temples, mountains, swamps, lakes, sea, all that, and on all that the digital aspect merged together with chip connections and cables everywhere blending with the artificial nature it's simulating, World 3 also had just a feel base digimons, if you didn't know how to play you would just get stuck with your beginner trio, and that made it fell more like a RPG party rather than a Pokemon collection, the cool card game where you would get booster from trainers and keep getting it better, the training were also made by playing some minigames where you actually felt like you were training for what you were trying to get better, the boss had two kinds of style, the gym leader like with the city leaders and the guard type with huge digimons who ruled an area, usually a dungeon of some sort (a labyrinth, a mountain, etc). That game was just lovely all over.

For Next Order being closer to World (1), I'm more excited about it, it also seems to have vast artificial world settings to explore like in the original and as you said, seems like it'll be a sequel as the protagonist from World (1) apparently is there, I'm more excited about it than Cyber Sleuth, evne though it also seems great.

Oh well thats because you dont go to the Digimon World in this game, it takes place in the real world, and you can also go to a digital world (but its not the digimon world), its a place like the game Second Life or Playstation Home, so its a man made virtual world that does resemble the real world as well.

Anyway do check out this game men, even if you are not a fan of the setting this game is way to GOOD, i would go as far as saying that you would be doing yourself a disservice as a Digimon fan if you wouldnt at least give it a try.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
This is the best rated Digimon game of all times, the Digimon World serie, never managed to have more than 50 on Metacritic, the scores of the other games is 42-48 on Metacritic.

i love digimon world, but for many player - the game was so hard. not easy for many player, because "the death of digimons" in gameplay, the time-rhytme ect. but great to see, digimon story is the best digimon for the player and reviews. maybe because the jrpg-story with "anime characters" ? : )

BraLoD said:
80 from Push Square
80 from Game Revolution
80 from Attack of the Fanboy
74 from COGconnecte

nice = )

iceland said:
Is it strange that this game is a system seller to me? So ready for a PS4 xD

Played all the Digimon Worlds (and arena) Digimon is so underrated

i too = ) Digimon jrpgs are not easy (like pokemon-games), thats why. its sad, because the games are great. i think, digimon story cyber sleuth has good sales figures in the west. i hope... 200.000 LifeTime.

It might be weird, but this is one of the games that makes me thinking about buying a PS4. It's a great and interesting exclusive Sony exclusive! :)

KazumaKiryu said:
Swordmasterman said:
This is the best rated Digimon game of all times, the Digimon World serie, never managed to have more than 50 on Metacritic, the scores of the other games is 42-48 on Metacritic.

i love digimon world, but for many player - the game was so hard. not easy for many player, because "the death of digimons" in gameplay, the time-rhytme ect. but great to see, digimon story is the best digimon for the player and reviews. maybe because the jrpg-story with "anime characters" ? : )

BraLoD said:
80 from Push Square
80 from Game Revolution
80 from Attack of the Fanboy
74 from COGconnecte

nice = )

iceland said:
Is it strange that this game is a system seller to me? So ready for a PS4 xD

Played all the Digimon Worlds (and arena) Digimon is so underrated

i too = ) Digimon jrpgs are not easy (like pokemon-games), thats why. its sad, because the games are great. i think, digimon story cyber sleuth has good sales figures in the west. i hope... 200.000 LifeTime.

It is quite sad, I hope a digimon can outself the first one in US at some point.

149 PS1 Digimon World             484.340 

Farsala said:
KazumaKiryu said:

nice = )

It is quite sad, I hope a digimon can outself the first one in US at some point.

the PS1, had 4-5 Years life-time when Digimon World, launched, this can be hard, but is not impossible.

Around the Network

I did not know 3djuegos & meristation translate their reviews to english and count for MC. Also why no Digimon psv score?

But Vita is love :c

You are a great human being Bralod. So proud

tbh so far this game has been pretty boring

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Swordmasterman said:
Farsala said:

the PS1, had 4-5 Years life-time when Digimon World, launched, this can be hard, but is not impossible.

okay cool = ) i hope the best (:

BraLoD - good job ^^