By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Feb 1st - 7th

hiska-kun said:
Ruler said:

where there shortages for Wii U?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Wii-U-プレミアムセット-shiro-WUP-S-WAFC/dp/B00D3GQC7S/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1455129157&sr=1-1&keywords=Wii+U+

there are plenty of Wii Us even white ones

Plenty? At ¥42,000!? Do you know that Wii U regular price is ¥30,000? They're are selling the Wii U ¥12,000 higher because they don't have stock.

Who doesnt want a 371$ Wii U ? I mean its white as well.

Meanwhile the PS4 is like 310$.

Around the Network

I'm happy to see PS4 strong in Japan, on Top. But I'm sure the best has yet to come, and PS4 will shine even more!

OMG, roughly 10/1 with WiiU and 90/1 with X1...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Great PS4 numbers and decent hold for DQB.

OneKartVita said:
Wow ps4 outselling Wii U around 10-1!
Playstation family very strong!

Now know Wii U has shortages but it would be selling about 7k otherwise. I really don't think Nintendo will produce many more of the thing.

So ps4 holds 30k again. it's March to the throne continues.

This Generation will be owned by PS4; things will just get better and better for the black beast.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

It's disappointing that shortages are plaguing the Wii U (not sure to blame Nintendo or the manufactuer involved). Still, I'm amazed on how Splatoon has managed to remain a bright spot for Nintendo and Japan as a whole. It's selling really well, hovering near or within the top 10 for almost a year since its release. It's one of, if not going to be, the best selling home console games (not counting multiplayer) this gen.

I'm interesting in seeing how 3DS fares once the 2DS arrives along with the re-releases of the original Pokemon games.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
OneKartVita said:
Wow ps4 outselling Wii U around 10-1!
Playstation family very strong!

Now know Wii U has shortages but it would be selling about 7k otherwise. I really don't think Nintendo will produce many more of the thing.

So ps4 holds 30k again. it's March to the throne continues.

This Generation will be owned by PS4; things will just get better and better for the black beast.

Yeah it's gotten so much support after the PS3 (although did well) came second to the Wii and after a very slow start by the ps4. 

So imagine the support its going to get now, as it looks set to double Wii U sales this gen.  It will make it so much easier for Sony to get the few 3Rd parties not already with them,  on board.  

nanzano said:
tbone51 said:

2nd week, let's wait before legs! I think it'll have legs though, but it isn't set in stone. 

Besides shortages were a thing week 1, so good hold week 2 isn't something we can judge yet

Yeah but we have a SOLID reference here.....Mincraft!

But Minecraft costs like 1/3 of what Dragon Quest Builders costs + there's already a announced sequel to DQ: Builders. I think that's a big mistake. :-/

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Xbox really is abysmal over there. Does anyone know how much it costs?

outlawauron said:
nanzano said:

Yeah but we have a SOLID reference here.....Mincraft!

But Minecraft costs like 1/3 of what Dragon Quest Builders costs + there's already a announced sequel to DQ: Builders. I think that's a big mistake. :-/

They didn't announce a sequel.  They were asked in an interview would they do a sequel and they basically replied yes if the demand is there.  That's pretty much standard for any game series. The sequel could be as late as holiday 2017 so it won't effect the legs in 2016.

Great week for PS4 hardware, I guess Naruto moved some hardware!
PS Vita had a big drop this week but it is still a very good week overall for PS Vita.
Wow these Wii U sales are horrible... Pokemon can't come soon enough I guess.

Why are somany people saying that this is a great second week for Dragon Quest Builders? It is an good second week imo, Dragon Quest Heroes did similar. The next weeks will truly tell if Dragon Quest Builders has legs. I really want this game to do very good, so I want to see very good legs!!! :)