By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners, at this point, do you plan on buying Starfox Zero?

Well?

Yes 192 58.72%

No 135 41.28%

Total:327

yes - I like the game play and latest footage looks like improvements have been made.. pre-order it already!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

I tried it, it was ok, but doesn't deserve to be bought at full price.

I think they build the whole game around Miyamoto's idea to use the gamepad as a 2nd perspective, and I think it was just a bad idea, or at least not good enough.
The last rumors says the game is struggling to meet the quality they expected.
And I'm not surprised at all.

This game was a mistake, and need his development rebooted for the NX

lasershow said:

100% yes. People panic at early videos, complain about how they look or the controls. People hear rumors that the game is broken or doesn't control well and then they over react. It's a game made by platinum and Nintendo, odds are very strong it will be at least an above average game.

I remember seeing videos on Splatoon and thinking it looked stupid and would be a terrible game.  I got it and started playing. I thought the controls were weird at first and started thinking, yup terrible controls like i was worried about. I played for a bit and then all of the sudden the controls seemed great and even more intuitave than without gyro control, and the game ended up being really good.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in the camp that nintendo can do no wrong (I would be very angry if they made a Pikmin for a handheld device, I just think it would lose to much of the great look and feel the game has), I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt for things like this.

Correction, people panic at everything.

Star Fox 64 is among my Top 50 games of all time so of course I'm welcoming this new title.

Signature goes here!

since I've skipped GCN and N64 and didn't play any of the previous Star Fox games. I'm not excited into the game. I saw the game, and it could really be done better. but we know the limitations and budget needs to be considered.

Around the Network
POE said:
lasershow said:

100% yes. People panic at early videos, complain about how they look or the controls. People hear rumors that the game is broken or doesn't control well and then they over react. It's a game made by platinum and Nintendo, odds are very strong it will be at least an above average game.

I remember seeing videos on Splatoon and thinking it looked stupid and would be a terrible game.  I got it and started playing. I thought the controls were weird at first and started thinking, yup terrible controls like i was worried about. I played for a bit and then all of the sudden the controls seemed great and even more intuitave than without gyro control, and the game ended up being really good.

Don't get me wrong, I am not in the camp that nintendo can do no wrong (I would be very angry if they made a Pikmin for a handheld device, I just think it would lose to much of the great look and feel the game has), I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt for things like this.

Correction, people panic at everything.

Ha, yeah sorry i forgot about that. Yes people panic at everything. 

Nothing I saw compelled me to do it. The little boy in me wanted a spiritual successor to Starfox64 and anything else would have to fight an uphill battle.

Well it sure was anything else and I didn't see a reason to get excited.