By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates will have English voice only

Faelco said:
Well, I wanted to buy the Conquest version of the game, but I think I'll pass.

Awakening was bad enough and the original VA was the only okay thing about it

If some sparse Japanese voice acting was really the only part of a lengthy SRPG that you thought was okay, it's probably for the best that you skip Fates entirely.

Around the Network

Considering the other changes to the Western release, I'm honestly not surprised by this.

I'm still getting the game, but I can understand why some people are pissed off about this.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

noname2200 said:
Faelco said:
Well, I wanted to buy the Conquest version of the game, but I think I'll pass.

Awakening was bad enough and the original VA was the only okay thing about it

If some sparse Japanese voice acting was really the only part of a lengthy SRPG that you thought was okay, it's probably for the best that you skip Fates entirely.

Compared to Radiant Dawn? Yeah, the original VA was the only good point of Awakening compared to that. Everything else was a pure disappointment (story, characters, design, maps, "strategy", DLCs...). 

That's sucks, but as long as the voice acting is good then it's ok.

A western version of a game released with English VAs and not Japanese? Well who would have thought.

Around the Network

Honestly I couldn't even begin to care about it. But, shame for those who do I guess.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm anti-sub anyway. I guess dem subbers will just have to...

#dubmasterrace

Dravenet7 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I know most of these are small, even shallow complains, but when they start to build up, it makes the game look bad. This game appears more on the media more times for bad news than for good news, and that gives this game a bad image, when it probably is one of the best FE games (obviously haven't played it yet).

Also, when you take away one feature that was on the previous game, you can't really avoid criticism by saying that that was a bonus feature to begin with.

I will say this, that is  a very strong point about the build up of little things. I can't argue that because you're right. The culmination of everything will cost Nintendo.

However, the dual audio thing is in fact bonus content. I don't remember pre-Awakening FE games having it. It wasn't declared as a standard ongoing either. I could be wrong in either case, so please tell me if I am. However, it is definitely not industry standard. I definitely don't recall P4Golden, SMT: DS2Record Breaker or many other JRPGS or Japanese games in general having it. Its generally just not easy. XCX on the other hand was a much more understandable argument because I know the original had it. Unlike this game I implored people who had a problem with it to voice their opinion to Nintendo. I think I did in a thread here too. But here's the other side of it. The localized versions came with the DLC free from the start. If next time, it doesn't is that no longer bonus content because it came in XCX? Sure, if people want Japanese VA, fine that's fair in wanting it, but to claim its cut content feel very disingenuous.

Well, I suppose it can be optional, but the only games that could have voice acting at all (and I don't know how much of this is true because of memory limitations) were Path of Radiance GC and Radiant Dawn Wii. Both of them were released when the franchise was mostly a niche thing, and fans were happy enough with just a western release of the game. But after Awakening, this is one of the strongest JRPGs Nintendo has. It seems foolish to not build up on the success of Awakening and not offer the content that was a given on the previous game. I suppose we could get the VA with a patch (or in the worst case, as DLC), but it's expected from a sequel to bring more, or at least the same content as the previous installment.

Also, wouldn't be funny if a FE amiibo unlocks the japanese VA? Buy Marth and listen to the original voice acting XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

That's disappointing D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Darwinianevolution said:
Dravenet7 said:

I will say this, that is  a very strong point about the build up of little things. I can't argue that because you're right. The culmination of everything will cost Nintendo.

However, the dual audio thing is in fact bonus content. I don't remember pre-Awakening FE games having it. It wasn't declared as a standard ongoing either. I could be wrong in either case, so please tell me if I am. However, it is definitely not industry standard. I definitely don't recall P4Golden, SMT: DS2Record Breaker or many other JRPGS or Japanese games in general having it. Its generally just not easy. XCX on the other hand was a much more understandable argument because I know the original had it. Unlike this game I implored people who had a problem with it to voice their opinion to Nintendo. I think I did in a thread here too. But here's the other side of it. The localized versions came with the DLC free from the start. If next time, it doesn't is that no longer bonus content because it came in XCX? Sure, if people want Japanese VA, fine that's fair in wanting it, but to claim its cut content feel very disingenuous.

Well, I suppose it can be optional, but the only games that could have voice acting at all (and I don't know how much of this is true because of memory limitations) were Path of Radiance GC and Radiant Dawn Wii. Both of them were released when the franchise was mostly a niche thing, and fans were happy enough with just a western release of the game. But after Awakening, this is one of the strongest JRPGs Nintendo has. It seems foolish to not build up on the success of Awakening and not offer the content that was a given on the previous game. I suppose we could get the VA with a patch (or in the worst case, as DLC), but it's expected from a sequel to bring more, or at least the same content as the previous installment.

Also, wouldn't be funny if a FE amiibo unlocks the japanese VA? Buy Marth and listen to the original voice acting XD

Well yeah that's a fair point, especially in regards to Path of Radiance and the popularity spike. I guess, it comes down to a matter of timing for me. I would have been much more supportive about this specific issue, almost as much as the DLC, if it were a more consistent feature at the very least. 

Also that amiibo idea is the cruelest thing I ever heard, lol you mad man. if Nintendo ever does this that would reaaallly drop the ball.