By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Fates will have English voice only

Roronaa_chan said:
Jumpin said:

Again, as someone brought up, non-valid complaint and a non-issue. You can already get the game in Japanese if you want the game in Japanese. It's been available for a while now.

You shouldn't be confused, it's not rocket science. If you want the game in Japanese, then get the Japanese version instead of the version that was localized for an English speaking audience.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

You shouldn't be confused, it's not rocket science. If you want the game in Japanese, then get the Japanese version instead of the version that was localized for an English speaking audience.

The 3DS is region locked. And people only want the voices in japanese

Jumpin said:
Roronaa_chan said:

That is not a really good argument. What happens with non-english versions (spanish, french, german, italian, portuguese...)?. Nintendo is not going to make a dub for each of them, but they will translate the game to most of those languages. If there are two versions of the VA, why shouldn't I be able to choose which I get?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Roronaa_chan said:
Jumpin said:

Get a Japanese 3DS. Simple as that. If you understand Japanese, why would you bother waiting for English translations?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Get a Japanese 3DS. Simple as that. If you understand Japanese, why would you bother waiting for English translations?

Simple as buying two consoles instead of one. Nice

There's this thing called subtitles

I also assume the game is releasing only in UK and US if it's only for an English speaking audience. Where is the French dub? Spanish? German? Brazilian/Portuguese? Italian?

Around the Network

I'm surprised Awakening had. I never even noticed.

The thing is, portable games have storage limitations. To include those tracks they need to drive up the costs. Its simply not worth it.

Its different from a Bluray disc.

Namiirei said:

I will play with no voices at all then.

That's what I figure a lot of people will do since the voice acting direction for games localized by NOA is typically terrible -- at least I hope the game will have the option to turn off vocals for those that want that because Xenoblade X (different series and development team, I know) didn't have that option.  I think one person said  something like "well, then the people complaining should go play the Japanese version" in response to only having english voice acting.  Honestly, if the 3DS wasn't region locked and the Japanese version of the game had direct english translations, I bet a lot of people would do that.

I'm guessing it has to do with Renka, the singing voice of Azura (or Aqua). She did release a single of the main theme and all so I'm sure that's copyrighted.

Also, question..When did DLC release for Fire Emblem If in Japan? If it was released later after the games' release, then it's unintentional Day One DLC for the rest of the world because all they need to do is translate. I know Revelation was released a week or two after the two versions were released in Japan so...

Nem said:
I'm surprised Awakening had. I never even noticed.

The thing is, portable games have storage limitations. To include those tracks they need to drive up the costs. Its simply not worth it.

Its different from a Bluray disc.

A lot of Vita games have it. In fact, there are Vita ports of PS3 games which have it while the original versions, on blu ray, did not

Well, sorry to those who would have liked to have listened to it in Japanese. As for me, well...

I tried listening to the JA voices in Awakening, but they weren't all that interesting to me. US only is okay with me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread