By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros. shows us why it's bad not to have an achievement/ranking system of some kind.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Yes I'm now going to ignore the irrelevant stuff as we'll be here forever otherwise. If Nintendo didn't care about making sure their game was functioning as advertised, they wouldn't have behavior rules or numerous patches. Thank goodness because that woulda been a whole nother issue.

What you are ignoring is evidence that you are accusing me of ignoring what you said, irronically revealing that you were ignoring what I said in the first place. You can't own up to that so you call it irrelavent. That is sad.

They care the game is functioning as advertised. It functions as advertised. Your choice to grief isn't false avertisement. Irronically, this too is irrelavent as this has nothing to do with anything. If you cared about the state of the game you would not be a continued problem in it as evidenced by the additional information you don't adress and call irrelavent.

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:

They care the game is functioning as advertised. It functions as advertised.

Tell that to the guy playing as Cloud in the video.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Dravenet7 said:

They care the game is functioning as advertised. It functions as advertised.

Tell that to the guy playing as Cloud in the video.

[... So tell the player that: in a "For Fun" 4 player free for all match that there is a set amount of time and in that time the person with highest points wins and points are given and taken away depending on whether you KO or SD respectively, a tie goes to sudden death; the mode plays any stages, except FD, randomly; the mode has items.

Or

Do you want me to tell the player that you chose greif: arbitrarily between 2015 and 2016 a spontaneous burst of griefers will attempt to ruin the game for you?]

The latter wasn't advertised. Ergo its irrelavent. Yet you continue to harp on it. Its ironic a you were going to, "...ignore the irrelevant stuff as we'll be here forever otherwise." This is my second time explaining this irrelavent point. This is going in circles because of you and only you, further pointing out you just didn't want to own up to your hypocrisy rather than actually avoid going in circles. 

Dravenet7 said:

[... So tell the player that: in a "For Fun" 4 player free for all match that there is a set amount of time and in that time the person with highest points wins and points are given and taken away depending on whether you KO or SD respectively, a tie goes to sudden death; the mode plays any stages, except FD, randomly; the mode has items.

Or

Do you want me to tell the player that you chose greif: arbitrarily between 2015 and 2016 a spontaneous burst of griefers will attempt to ruin the game for you?]

The latter wasn't advertised. Ergo its irrelavent. Yet you continue to harp on it. Its ironic a you were going to, "...ignore the irrelevant stuff as we'll be here forever otherwise." This is my second time explaining this irrelavent point. This is going in circles because of you and only you, further pointing out you just didn't want to own up to your hypocrisy rather than actually avoid going in circles. 

I know I'm being a hypocrite, that's the part that doesn't matter. I could of lied and presented this thread as if I were always the completely innocent victim, eitherway, the problem remains the same. Anyway, there's no way to spin the fact that standing around doing nothing is not how this game is played.

The funny thing is that when I wind up in one of these groups in Splatoon I massacre everyone. And even when they try to jump me I just massacre them again. See the thing is that they can get mad that I'm messing up whatever nonsense they are doing, but if they don't like it then they can stop me then go back to spooning each other.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

I know I'm being a hypocrite, that's the part that doesn't matter. I could of lied and presented this thread as if I were always the completely innocent victim, eitherway, the problem remains the same. Anyway, there's no way to spin the fact that standing around doing nothing is not how this game is played.

Beleive me, you gained much more of my respect than lost in this thread for simply putting it all out there that you were greifing in the first place. (though I think in online you are always potrayed as 1P, so that unless you used another video, you could not lie about that. then again, I don't play or watch online as much as local play so I could be wrong)

But what I think you are failing to see is that hypocrisy, the desire for something to end whilst doing it yourself, is blinding to what most people the situation as it really is: something that is the issue of the community rather than the game functionality. For example, you're saying that standing around is not how the game is played, and that's not true because you essentially won, or at least you still can, if that weren't the case. The game isn't meant to be played this way. Just like in team online games with voice chat, its meant to communicate strategies and such rather than hear a bunch of immature players saying immature things, but you're definitely going to hear the latter more outside of a group of your friends. I saw a thread here yesterday about a guy trolling Tri Force heroes. That game is meant to be a game where you work together. That's not nearly my first time hearing about it either. You can report and there is incentive but it still happens too frequently because at least 1 of 3 players to choose to ruin that entire game. 

I can go on and on about several other examples, but it really just bolsters the points I have been saying. I genuinely want you to understand what I'm saying and where many are coming from, but you're at particular spot I completely know but do not fully understand the mentality. I hope you eventually understand but I don't really have anything else to say that's already been said.

Dravenet7 said:

Beleive me, you gained much more of my respect than lost in this thread for simply putting it all out there that you were greifing in the first place. (though I think in online you are always potrayed as 1P, so that unless you used another video, you could not lie about that. then again, I don't play or watch online as much as local play so I could be wrong)

But what I think you are failing to see is that hypocrisy, the desire for something to end whilst doing it yourself, is blinding to what most people the situation as it really is: something that is the issue of the community rather than the game functionality. For example, you're saying that standing around is not how the game is played, and that's not true because you essentially won, or at least you still can, if that weren't the case. The game isn't meant to be played this way. Just like in team online games with voice chat, its meant to communicate strategies and such rather than hear a bunch of immature players saying immature things, but you're definitely going to hear the latter more outside of a group of your friends. I saw a thread here yesterday about a guy trolling Tri Force heroes. That game is meant to be a game where you work together. That's not nearly my first time hearing about it either. You can report and there is incentive but it still happens too frequently because at least 1 of 3 players to choose to ruin that entire game. 

I can go on and on about several other examples, but it really just bolsters the points I have been saying. I genuinely want you to understand what I'm saying and where many are coming from, but you're at particular spot I completely know but do not fully understand the mentality. I hope you eventually understand but I don't really have anything else to say that's already been said.

Oh come on, you know I meant "meant!" Nintendo clearly doesn't want their game being played that way, hence their rules that are supposed to keep people from doing as such.

I'm actually not sure what exactly I'm supposed to understand. I mean yes, I'm doing what I'm claiming to be a problem, but that doesn't invalidate what I'm saying here. One might complain about taxes, but they'll still pay them. Kinda similar here, only the punishment isn't going to jail, just getting ganged up on.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Oh come on, you know I meant "meant!" Nintendo clearly doesn't want their game being played that way, hence their rules that are supposed to keep people from doing as such.

I'm actually not sure what exactly I'm supposed to understand. I mean yes, I'm doing what I'm claiming to be a problem, but that doesn't invalidate what I'm saying here. One might complain about taxes, but they'll still pay them. Kinda similar here, only the punishment isn't going to jail, just getting ganged up on.

Yes I know that you meant, but the same message still is pushed across which is why I bolded meant to meaningfully emphasize rather than be a jerk about being literal. You know what I mean? 

Yes Nintendo wants there game to be played a certain way. Its designed that way, but at a certain point you can't expect people to do things the way as intended. The bulk of what I said in the 2nd paragraph is examples of what's intended vs personal choice.

That paying taxes example isn't a good one. Taxes are an obligation that is severely punishable by the authority (government) if not done with incarceration. On the other hand, you can choose to greif and the complain, but the person playing as the authority (devs) intended is punished instead by your and other players' choice to greif. There's a more accurate real world example, but I never used it so far because it comes off as an extreme example and malignant in intent.

I'm trying to make you understand in situations such as this, freedom to choose to play this way isn't on Nintendo or Namco. Its on personal choice. No matter which way I say it though, it doesn't seem to be clearly communicated. I hope someone can or you come to  understand it, but this isn't something I can seem to do much to my dissapointment

Dravenet7 said:

Yes I know that you meant, but the same message still is pushed across which is why I bolded meant to meaningfully emphasize rather than be a jerk about being literal. You know what I mean? 

Yes Nintendo wants there game to be played a certain way. Its designed that way, but at a certain point you can't expect people to do things the way as intended. The bulk of what I said in the 2nd paragraph is examples of what's intended vs personal choice.

That paying taxes example isn't a good one. Taxes are an obligation that is severely punishable by the authority (government) if not done with incarceration. On the other hand, you can choose to greif and the complain, but the person playing as the authority (devs) intended is punished instead by your and other players' choice to greif. There's a more accurate real world example, but I never used it so far because it comes off as an extreme example and malignant in intent.

I'm trying to make you understand in situations such as this, freedom to choose to play this way isn't on Nintendo or Namco. Its on personal choice. No matter which way I say it though, it doesn't seem to be clearly communicated. I hope someone can or you come to  understand it, but this isn't something I can seem to do much to my dissapointment

Oh, well then I strongly disagree with that. It's their game, their system, hence they are in full control, our freedom is at their mercy. They have the power to ban literally all our Wii Us from the internet right now if they wanted. How we play is pretty much entirely on Nintendo, always has been, certainly in terms of what they don't want us doing. I was once able to drive backwards in Mario Kart, but now I can't do that without getting dropped. I would splat people with the edge of my roller frequently in Splatoon, but long gone are those days. I used to be able to backair PacMan's Fire Hydrant to send it flying, but now I can't anymore. Don't even get me started on Miiverse! With Nintendo making sure things are done their way as intended everywhere else, there's no excuse to not do so here, especially with something as important as the basic online mode.

EDIT: Oh and in case there's any doubt that I don't always side with the do nothings.

View on YouTube