By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros. shows us why it's bad not to have an achievement/ranking system of some kind.

4 player FFA in Smash is a flawed system. There's no point getting your hands dirty with fighting other players while they're low percentage - you want to wait until they're at a high percentage and then go for the finishing blow. A way of sorting this out would be to award bonus points based on how much damage you inflicted on other players.

Around the Network

For Fun is way too crazy and random to be taken seriously so I'm not surprised that is as common as you suggest. Better to just get some buddies together for a couple of rounds of Smash instead, it's a lot more fun that way.

I think it's more like a mentality flaw. I mean, I think we should play games to have fun. This isn't fun at all XDDDD. I'm not a Smash expert, so I beat the ass of everybody that comes on my way. It's more fun that way XDD

JRPGfan said:
This is why people play Street Fighter instead of smash.

Have fun with the 4 player mode on SF, then :P

Einsam_Delphin said:
kooltrex said:
EXACTLY. THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!!

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. =/

It is not sarcasm I just really think nintendo needs an acheivment system and you explained it perfectly.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

It wont work because you say so is not a reason to sit around twiddling their thumbs. Can't truely know until they try it, certainly wont hurt anything.

If they're smart they'll blame both. The player is at fault for trolling, and Nintendo is at fault for allowing it. Nintendo is the authority here, so they're the ones expected to correct the problem.

Coincedntly, it will work because you say so is not a reason for them to waste their time catering to someone contributing to a problem when they have better things. And yes it will hurt their time. Its a waste of their time.

And this was a rhetorical question. If they  are smart they would blame you and solely you, the greifers, for playing the way you do. Because logically if literally just one of you were playing the way you were supposed to instead of 3 people targeting and fighting of a single player it would be 2 people fighting targeting 2 people and fightng off those 2 people. In that instance, hey can do what? Nothing. What I've gathered from this whole thing and responses such as this:

Einsam_Delphin said:
hentai_11 said:

So the Solution of the problem would be, if Nintendo bans you from online-play. Right?

Yes I'm the mastermind behind the whole thing so taking me down would totally put a stop to it, but not really.

Is that you don't really care to fix the problem. You don't care to prevent the problem. Even in your op you not only admit you a times enjoy doing this, not only in general just go with the flow of greifing, you do this in other games where the reward system allgedly prevents this. All you want is a reward system baselessly and are using this situation as a crutch for chastising Nintendo for not having one in Smash.

How dissapointed I am from the Nintendo Online Community.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Dravenet7 said:

Coincedntly, it will work because you say so is not a reason for them to waste their time catering to someone contributing to a problem when they have better things. And yes it will hurt their time. Its a waste of their time.

And this was a rhetorical question. If they  are smart they would blame you and solely you, the greifers, for playing the way you do. Because logically if literally just one of you were playing the way you were supposed to instead of 3 people targeting and fighting of a single player it would be 2 people fighting targeting 2 people and fightng off those 2 people. In that instance, hey can do what? Nothing. What I've gathered from this whole thing and responses such as this:

Is that you don't really care to fix the problem. You don't care to prevent the problem. Even in your op you not only admit you a times enjoy doing this, not only in general just go with the flow of greifing, you do this in other games where the reward system allgedly prevents this. All you want is a reward system baselessly and are using this situation as a crutch for chastising Nintendo for not having one in Smash.

Or, like I've already said, trolling from time to time is fun, but that shouldn't be the only thing people are doing, but sure, ignore that and go on about what I want and care about. My opinion/view on the matter and who is to blame is irrelevant anyway. It's a significant problem, so it needs to be fixed, it's that simple.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Dravenet7 said:

Or, like I've already said, trolling from time to time is fun, but that shouldn't be the only thing people are doing, but sure, ignore that and go on about what I want and care about. My opinion/view on the matter and who is to blame is irrelevant anyway. It's a significant problem, so it needs to be fixed, it's that simple.

huh? Ignore what exactly? Does "you at times enjoy doing this" not mean "trolling from time to time is fun", or is trolling/greifing, "shouldn't be the only thing people are doing", something I haven't touched on, since my first response, by saying you should not be doing it? Rhetorical question. By saying what you said, it kind of apparent you ignored what I said. 

Yes your opinion is irrelavent because you posted this video 2/7/16. Based on how you make this seem as though this is a recent prevalent issue, that occurred somettime between a year ago and now, I'm going to assume it started being one 1-3 months ago maybe 2 weeks ago at the latest. The fact you are still doing this shows you are still contributing to a problem you are complaining about. That's why your opinion is irrelavent. Nintendo nor Bandai Namco have no obligation to cater to or regulate the Smash Online Community with a ranking system in a mode that's quite literally "For Fun". Especially when you complain whilst contributing to the problem. That much is simple.

Dravenet7 said:

Nintendo nor Bandai Namco have no obligation to cater to or regulate the Smash Online Community with a ranking system in a mode that's quite literally "For Fun".

Yes I'm now going to ignore the irrelevant stuff as we'll be here forever otherwise. If Nintendo didn't care about making sure their game was functioning as advertised, they wouldn't have behavior rules or numerous patches. Thank goodness because that woulda been a whole nother issue.