By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Limited Edition

naznatips said:
Yakuzaice said:
naznatips said:
I agree, Nintendo's system of handing out extras to people who preorder free of any extra charge is much better.

Well people are already getting the Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 and the MGO beta for preordering.

Only for preordering the 42% more expensive rip-off special edition...

That's not true. Any pre-order of MGS4 in the US gets you MG Saga Vol 2 and the MGO beta. You don't have to pre-order the special edition.

Around the Network
Deviation59 said:
naznatips said:
Yakuzaice said:
naznatips said:
I agree, Nintendo's system of handing out extras to people who preorder free of any extra charge is much better.

Well people are already getting the Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 and the MGO beta for preordering.

That's not true. Any pre-order of MGS4 in the US gets you MG Saga Vol 2 and the MGO beta. You don't have to pre-order the special edition.

It's only "While supplies last" on the regular version.  You are only gauranteed access to the beta with the special edition.

naznatips said:
Deviation59 said:
naznatips said:
Yakuzaice said:
naznatips said:

It's only "While supplies last" on the regular version.  You are only gauranteed access to the beta with the special edition.

Even so, preordering the special edition does not mean you are obligated to buy it.  And are Nintendo's preorder extras not limited as well?

Yakuzaice said:
naznatips said:

It's only "While supplies last" on the regular version. You are only gauranteed access to the beta with the special edition.

Even so, preordering the special edition does not mean you are obligated to buy it. And are Nintendo's preorder extras not limited as well?

Probably, though I've never been shorted on them.

I don't know if anyone has already brought this up, but it's already sold out in terms of preorders in Japan:

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/mgs/mgs4/

And many said "MGS4 isn't going to matter, it's not that big in Japan, sales have been going down since Sons of Liberty" I guess not

And nobody better try and spin this and say its "Preorders to retailers" either

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
I don't know if anyone has already brought this up, but it's already sold out in terms of preorders in Japan:

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/mgs/mgs4/

And many said "MGS4 isn't going to matter, it's not that big in Japan, sales have been going down since Sons of Liberty" I guess not

And nobody better try and spin this and say its "Preorders to retailers" either

You mean the bundle is sold out.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

yeah, that's what I meant. And it's even better too, because this is SYSTEMS being sold, not just the game by itsself

Is this a limited thing as well, like you have to preorder it?

If not, me and my friend will gobble it up immediatly.

I went to gamestop today and he said they are not taking reserves yet. He check his stock computer and everything....Has anyone preorder the Limited Edition Yet.

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Wait a second. Do you only get the art book and the beta cd/dvd if you preorder the game. The $10.00 reserve doesnt count as a preorder does it?

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX