By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 - Limited Edition

Seriously, I will consumer whore myself out for this one just to be able to say I got the special edition. That may not make sense, but I don't expect Kojima to disappoint when it comes to the final product.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
naznatips said:
Wow... people are actually going to pay a 42% markup for a worthless bonus CD? You can't even listen to the soundtrack in a CD player because it's on the freaking bonus CD. This has to be one of the most ridiculously blatant ripoffs I've ever seen.

Point taken, but I would rather have bonus materials I would actually use than a stupid helmet. I can't believe so many people bought that with Halo 3...

No argument there... I just think special editions in general are blatant ripoffs designed to sucker idiots into shelling out money for things they'll never ever ever use.  I have similar feelings about people who actually purchase DLC.  

Well, if it has a pretty boxart, I'd say it's a good deal.

naznatips said:
akuma587 said:
naznatips said:
Wow... people are actually going to pay a 42% markup for a worthless bonus CD? You can't even listen to the soundtrack in a CD player because it's on the freaking bonus CD. This has to be one of the most ridiculously blatant ripoffs I've ever seen.

Point taken, but I would rather have bonus materials I would actually use than a stupid helmet. I can't believe so many people bought that with Halo 3...

No argument there... I just think special editions in general are blatant ripoffs designed to sucker idiots into shelling out money for things they'll never ever ever use. I have similar feelings about people who actually purchase DLC.

Agreed, if I do buy the special edition it will be the first one I have ever bought.  I am going to wait and see exactly how much sexier the casing is.  That will make it or break it for me.

I feel the same way about DLC, though I have bought one Folklore expansion (was worth it, though buying all three definitely wouldn't have been) and one Warhawk expansion (was definitely worth it, and I would compare it to an expansion like Brood Wars on the PC).  If I had Rock Band I would definitely buy some of that DLC.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
naznatips said:
akuma587 said:
naznatips said:

No argument there... I just think special editions in general are blatant ripoffs designed to sucker idiots into shelling out money for things they'll never ever ever use. I have similar feelings about people who actually purchase DLC.

Agreed, if I do buy the special edition it will be the first one I have ever bought. I am going to wait and see exactly how much sexier the casing is. That will make it or break it for me.

I feel the same way about DLC, though I have bought one Folklore expansion (was worth it, though buying all three definitely wouldn't have been) and one Warhawk expansion (was definitely worth it, and I would compare it to an expansion like Brood Wars on the PC). If I had Rock Band I would definitely buy some of that DLC.

It will be my second, after the battle for Middle-earth II Collector's Edition.

Not including the Nintendo SEs, but those generally cost the same as the regular editions. I like Nintendo's method.  If you pre-order, you get the goods.  If you don't, then you don't. 

Around the Network

I agree, Nintendo's system of handing out extras to people who preorder free of any extra charge is much better. Things like my special edition Phantom Hourglass Stylus (had to register the game online) and the Coins with Super Mario Galaxy are all great extras for no extra cost. Other DS games do stuff like that too (Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice plushies and styluses and the styluses with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl).

naznatips said:
akuma587 said:
naznatips said:

In general, I agree with you. But this is Metal Gear. I can't stay no.

Deviation59 said:
naznatips said:
akuma587 said:
naznatips said:

In general, I agree with you. But this is Metal Gear. I can't stay no.

QFT.

naznatips said:
I agree, Nintendo's system of handing out extras to people who preorder free of any extra charge is much better.

Well people are already getting the Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 and the MGO beta for preordering.

Yakuzaice said:
naznatips said:
I agree, Nintendo's system of handing out extras to people who preorder free of any extra charge is much better.

Well people are already getting the Metal Gear Saga Vol 2 and the MGO beta for preordering.

Only for preordering the 42% more expensive rip-off special edition...