By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What is the status on The Best PS3 line-up in Japan?

I am pretty sure that the best (japans greatest hits) were supposed to hit last week. I was woundering if any of our members in Japan could clarify. Aslo how do ou think it will help the select games out, and does it effect the PS3 in any way. I personally don't think it will be a big deal in Japan, but if they did something like this for NA and EU soon I think it would be a good sign for cheaper gamers.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I cancelled the project. Simple as that.

They are definitely out.

No info regarding sales though.

I imagine some of the more popular ones, like Resistance and RR7 will shift a few thousand.  Nothing major though.  Second hand games are easy to come by in Japan.

Still, the budget range is good news for both the consumers and the game companies.  I'm sure I'll be taking advantage of it in future. 

PSN - hanafuda

PS3 and Japan, the only thing remaining in the sentence is the lost cause.

nice

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

lol at those two ...

Well this could help the PS3 in the longrun , but not more ... maybe if most major titles would get this cheaper versions ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Noobie said:

It kinda bugs me hearing that from a Xbox fan. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Noobie said:

And its perfectly fine when you say the same crap about the 360??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
kingofwale said:
Noobie said:

And its perfectly fine when you say the same crap about the 360??

Difference is the 360 has a lot more Japanese RPGs and Japanese games, has a better and stronger library right now and has been out on the market for a year longer and is still being outsold weekly by a rate of about 6-1 and has been outsold LTD by a rate of 3-1, so yeah it is ok when you say that about the 360.

IMO Microsoft should forget Japan and concentrate in Europe and NA, i.e. regions they can win, Japan's market is not as big as it used to be.

The important thing is that XBOX has atleast a very strong market in US.. and then XBOX is having very strong showing till now..

So when Sony realised that they will be yr late in launching PS3, they must had thought about how it will take the compitition and they might have calculated how much time it will taken them to over take the competition... But after yr and a half they r still third and they will remain so for some foreseeable future.

So definitely their plan, if there was any, is not working. Sony is loosing exclusives and not getting any more.. so definitely its not helping them...

So they have much much more to worry... MS is gaining Sony's game and i think they will be pretty happy... plus so far they have kept their exclusives to them too.